Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

Fresh lime juice is clearly superior, I'll buy limes if I'm in the mood but I don't keep them around. I only drink like once a week at this point so if I get a craving for a margarita I'm not going to go out into the hellworld on a special trip to get limes.

i have a couple of kitchen devices that make it easy to divide lemons and limes into eight wedges. if everything ever gets back to "normal", i'm going to go buy lemons and limes for them :allears:

i like to fill up a couple tupperware containers with the wedges and keep 'em in the freezer. need to get back into mixed drinks

prefect fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

beer

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

those bar squeezers are dead useful though

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

Fresh lime juice is clearly superior, I'll buy limes if I'm in the mood but I don't keep them around. I only drink like once a week at this point so if I get a craving for a margarita I'm not going to go out into the hellworld on a special trip to get limes. Plus I like to put a couple drops of lemon juice in a highball.

in modern hellworld you can get the limes to come to you

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

in modern hellworld you can get the limes to come to you
it's probably more work for me to order limes on the internet than to put shoes on and go to my corner store

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I'm drinking a martini out of a (leaded) cut-crystal coupe. It smooths the brain.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

it's probably more work for me to order limes on the internet than to put shoes on and go to my corner store

yeah i aint putting on pants just to get limes.

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
Well, someone's got to keep up appearances around here.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/laurasrobinson/status/1363103439019003904

https://twitter.com/yorkgin/status/1363199791354806272

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

whisky and coke

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

four roses single barrel neat

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

The Fool posted:

four roses single barrel neat

gently caress yeah

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

by far my favorite whiskey these days

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

The Fool posted:

by far my favorite whiskey these days
hell yeah. i brought that to the family fourth of july and it went over real well.

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
The bougie grocer had a "sale" on local wine, which really means it's at normal retail price. I had a couple glasses of Lemelson "Thea's Selection" Pinot Noir '17 with dinner. I'm not one o' them EE-nuh-files but it's nice and fruity, dry without being astringent.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had margaritas with both fresh squeezed and bottled lime juice last night. both were good

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
yo I know nothing about bourbons and I'm almost out of the Kirkland Signature bottle I stole from an xmas party in 2019. [tell] me about what I should buy for the 1-2 nights a week I drink these days.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
four roses

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

yo I know nothing about bourbons and I'm almost out of the Kirkland Signature bottle I stole from an xmas party in 2019. [tell] me about what I should buy for the 1-2 nights a week I drink these days.

if you go down the rabbit hole you can find a lot of nerds with strong opinions that don’t matter, but it really boils down to this:

is an easy to find supremely drinkable bourbon and I killed a bottle of single barrel over the weekend and have no regrets

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Fool posted:

is an easy to find supremely drinkable bourbon and I killed a bottle of single barrel over the weekend and have no regrets
it's available at costco in giant bottles which is nice

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jimmy Carter posted:

bulleit is decent if you drink it with ice, I use larceny as my go to, both under $30/bottle

four roses was what poor abusive dads drank when I was a kid I know it's better now but the brand is poisoned in my brain

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

qirex posted:

bulleit is decent

not really

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

bulleit is decent if you drink it with ice, I use larceny as my go to, both under $30/bottle

four roses was what poor abusive dads drank when I was a kid I know it's better now but the brand is poisoned in my brain
well hey bulleit is part-owned by an abusive, homophobic dad, so maybe it's inherent to whiskey.

my neighborhood liquor store has had breakout rye on sale for $25/bottle for awhile, and it's a fantastic value, but idk where all it's available

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'll rotate between maker's mark, elijah craig, buffalo trace, four roses and woodford reserve depending on what's at the store when I go. booker's if I'm feeling rich lol. maybe Evan Williams if it's in stock.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I have recently discovered Wild Turkey Rare Breed and I am liking it a lot.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

spankmeister posted:

I have recently discovered Wild Turkey Rare Breed and I am liking it a lot.

wild turkey is like four roses in that they're definitely upmarket from where they used to be

the first time someone threatened me with a firearm was a weird gold miner hillbilly in the trinity alps with a mostly empty 750 of wild turkey in one hand and a shotgun in the other

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

weird gold miner hillbilly in the trinity alps with a mostly empty 750 of wild turkey in one hand and a shotgun in the other

hash tag life goals

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I always think of Four Roses as the one that was export only for a long time that the Japanese love(d). Apparently the blended version was discontinued in 2002, well before my drinking days so I've never known it as lovely or downmarket.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

I always think of Four Roses as the one that was export only for a long time that the Japanese love(d). Apparently the blended version was discontinued in 2002, well before my drinking days so I've never known it as lovely or downmarket.

same except in 2002 I was drinking vodka and schmirnoff triple black

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

wild turkey is like four roses in that they're definitely upmarket from where they used to be

the first time someone threatened me with a firearm was a weird gold miner hillbilly in the trinity alps with a mostly empty 750 of wild turkey in one hand and a shotgun in the other

wild turkey is one of those boozes i overdrank in college so bad that it was forever ruined for me :(

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qirex posted:

hunter s. thompsons influence to a great extent.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

hunter s. thompsons influence to a great extent.

this is what i blame

i never tried filling half-grapefruits with it, though

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

wild turkey is one of those boozes i overdrank in college so bad that it was forever ruined for me :(
wt 101 neat and rittenhouse neat were good while they lasted but i don't think i can do either anymore

these days i'd say buffalo trace (very reliably good) or larceny (almost as reliable). if i still drank whiskey with any regularity, which i don't/can't

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Rare Breed really is very good, you should give it a try

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
they hosed with rittenhouse somehow because it's disgusting now. wild turkey is good, but it has a very particular flavor, like it's almost spicy, and if you like that then wild turkey is gonna be your favorite, otherwise i think four roses is much better balanced. buffalo trace is indeed also good. lately i've been enjoying woodford reserve tbh

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i am not a very big fan of four roses yellow label but like wt 101. four roses small batch and single barrel are good poo poo tho.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

they hosed with rittenhouse somehow because it's disgusting now. wild turkey is good, but it has a very particular flavor, like it's almost spicy, and if you like that then wild turkey is gonna be your favorite, otherwise i think four roses is much better balanced. buffalo trace is indeed also good. lately i've been enjoying woodford reserve tbh
that sucks. it was (very) good while it lasted. rip rittenhouse

wt101 is good if you like drinking whiskey with ice as even with some dilution it's still potent

only tried 4roses once and don't remember what make. small batch? it was very good but hard to find where i live

woodford is a little boring but it's very smooth. also good for company (lol)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

4R single barrel was the bourbon that got me into bourbon as a scotch drinker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

also for juicing limes or other citrus get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FLKWLCV/
these tend to break super easy. ive found this is at least as good and somehow more satisfying:
https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Wooden-Reamer/dp/B0007VO0DA/