Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Got Alphs chain. Thats 6/8 elements covered with chains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Also got Alphs chain. How weird

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Ysayle USB. That's the third really good non-dupe in a row. If I waste all my luck here I'm worried about the Anniversary banners........

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I got Yda's USB. Sure there's a hell of a long line of physical fire users before her, a line which Sora cut into when I pulled his awakening, but for 14 Torments I'll take it.

I'm sure she'll be fine at the back of the queue with Jecht.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Papalymo USB :toot: between Terra, Vincent and Papa my fire magic team is extremely stacked. Granted, I wish I had some magic users that aren’t Fire users, but I’ll take it.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Broke my lucky streak with a dupe Vanille BSB, womp. Oh well, legendary weapon fodder I suppose.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Hey, my first disco of LotR!

Oh it's a dupe Serah USB1. :shrug:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm 4 for 5 on dupes so far :negative:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Serah USB 1 and the Cid Raines legend materia that increases buff length.

Guess I'm picking up Cid's BSB from the Acolyte free relics huh

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
My current draws are

quote:

Realms On Parade Draws
Type-0 Dupe BSB
Tactics Oran LMR
FFXV Prompto BSB2
FFXIV Papalymo USB
FFXIII Lightning BSB1

I'd say I'm 2 for 5 on things I wanted and 1/5 on Disco's Prompto BSB2 and Paplymo USB are both nice. Oran LMR will be nice when I get... literally anything else for Oran. Today's draw was just vomit though.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Snow's Ice Chain. Even if it's a 1.0 chain on a character that's not that great, I didn't have an Ice chain yet so I will gladly take it with open arms.

5 for 5 so far on getting new relics from these draws with 4 of them being Pretty drat Good (3 disco balls + Ignis BSB). This is probably already the best Realms On Parade for me yet.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

And here's my update:

T0: Machina OSB
FFT: Ramza LMR1 (dupe for like the fourth time)
XV: Noctis Glint
XIV: Yda USB
XIII: Vanille LMR. Womp womp.

The Yda pull is the star so far but plenty of time to pull something else amazing. Guess I won't be using Vanille in the XIII torment unless something amazing for her falls into my lap from the daily draws.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Fang USB2. Not a dupe. OK. I love Fang as a character but I really wish she and dragoons in general were better in this game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm not burning mythril on the realm pulls because the odds are low and i've only got 150 stacked up but apropos of nothing i got delita's ultra soul break out of the free draw today so that was a pleasant surprise

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I mean we are getting what 3 mith a day for free? I dunno I feel like it’s worth it but it depends on what you have in your box already.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

I'm much happier to pull now that SSBs are out of the draw. You can generally make someone functional with a BSB but outside of some fringe cases getting an SSB was frustrating. Plus it'll potentially help shore up some holes for torments.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm just pulling cause it's the only thing I can really pull on until 4A.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I mean we are getting what 3 mith a day for free? I dunno I feel like it’s worth it but it depends on what you have in your box already.

i consistently just shoot for meta crackers so i've got a decent stockpile of those, but it does mean actual targeted elemental parties or parties from specific games are outside of my wheelhouse. so actually pulling on the realms might help fix that, but meanwhile i consistently shoot for meta crackers and awakenings are right around the corner, so.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've gotten too much good poo poo on these things to stop now. Waiting for them all to come out

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I'm actually having fun with the second-stage Torments, so getting a better spread of realm synergy stuff makes it well worth it to me. Doesn't hurt that 3 out of 4 of my realm pulls have been disco balls. Between the free daily mythril and the mission mythril each day, it basically ends up costing 2 mythril per pull, and the total cost only ends up amounting to like one and a half full-cost banner pulls.

I'm pretty much planning on having around 200 mythril saved up when the fest actually hits, which should let me throw some pulls at awakenings and chains without feeling too pissed if I spend it all and get nothing.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

I've got nearly 400 mythril banked for the anniversary and I am definitely throwing a couple of pulls at the chain banner.

Speaking of chains - how vital are 2.0 chains for 5* Magicite? I have a handful (Phys Fire/Ice/Holy/Earth) but the rest are all 1.0. Is the difference big enough that I should put off the elements with 1.0 chains or is it one of those "depends what else you have" situations?

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

DeadButDelicious posted:

Speaking of chains - how vital are 2.0 chains for 5* Magicite? I have a handful (Phys Fire/Ice/Holy/Earth) but the rest are all 1.0. Is the difference big enough that I should put off the elements with 1.0 chains or is it one of those "depends what else you have" situations?
I did both Quetz and BK with Ingus chain, Famfrit with Kain, Geosgeano with Shantotto, and Phoenix with Tidus. Zack looks fine for Hecatoncheir. IMO "depends what else you have" but 1.0 seems sufficient.

edit: I actually have Red XIII and Rikku's 2.0 chains and opted to use Ingus and Tidus instead, respectively.

Generalissimo fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 13, 2019

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Gen1 chains are fine for 5*, it’s doing them chainless where things get painfull.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

DeadButDelicious posted:

I've got nearly 400 mythril banked for the anniversary and I am definitely throwing a couple of pulls at the chain banner.

Any chain is good enough even if it's 1.0 and the wrong type - chains are just that strong. Getting the BEST one is overkill. I'm pretty sure at this point people have killed every single 5* chainless, it's just a huge pain in the rear end and chains help a ton to make it easier.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Avalerion posted:

Gen1 chains are fine for 5*, it’s doing them chainless where things get painfull.

Yup. Even off-chains, like a physical one for a physical-resistant fight are fine.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Rad, thanks goons, I might have a whirl at one of the 5* Magicites and see what happens. Sora's gonna be an MVP for three elements since I pulled his awakening. You goons is the best. :)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

Yup. Even off-chains, like a physical one for a physical-resistant fight are fine.

Turns out a global +20%/+50% to all your elemental damage is really strong even before the additive chain effect! Who knew. :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I am now officially some manner of aquatic mammal, and the proud owner of Magika Album (and some other trash from the actual pull).

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Balthier's Glint SB from today's Luck of the Realms draw. poo poo.

At least it's not a dupe, I guess...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Balthier Arcane. That's cool. Not a dupe and it's a +fire gun. :hellyeah:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:shrug:

I mean I’ll take it but drat I have a lot of fire poo poo.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Vayne LMR (the endark one if there's more than one, I can never remember)

I'm starting to sense a theme in my pulls.

That said Vayne is a mainstay on my dark teams and enelement LMRs are some of the best ones so good, if not sexy.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Penelo BSB and dupe Gabranth BSB. The former is meh and probably not good enough for the stage 3 Torment, the latter I just glued together with my other one to make a slightly stronger +dark sword, which has been a weirdly underrepresented element for my weapons.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Larsa LM3. This seems incredibly niche?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Essentially useless. I can't think of any situation where maybe blocking a status effect on a single character would ever be useful.

On the bright side, it comes with a decent mind dagger.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Gabranth BUSB. This is a weird one; you get an extra rank of heavy charge when you generate a charge, so you want to use heavy abilities right? But to rank up the brave levels the criteria is "use Dark ability". So... You want to use Dark skills on Gabranth. Erm. Wot? That seems really counter productive unless by Dark Ability it means dark element skills.

At least it's a 6* Dark sword so now I can stop leaning on the Sephiroth BSB katana.

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 14, 2019

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Dark means skills dealing dark damage, Darkness is the specific ability school so yea the heavy skills will work here.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

That... Makes more sense than my sleep addled brain could conjure up and makes it a much better USB than first glance.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

Essentially useless. I can't think of any situation where maybe blocking a status effect on a single character would ever be useful.

On the bright side, it comes with a decent mind dagger.

Yeah, it's a good statstick to hand off on characters who are stuck being support-bots; in particular folks like Ramza and Rikku love it, since they aren't gonna be using their attacking stats for much and the +MND gives them added staying power with protectga/shellga/hastegas on their SBs. It's also pretty baller if you're forced to use a chainholder who can't be DPS but can use WHT4 for the same reason (Galuf in the magic-weak King Behemoth fight, Serah vs Syldra, etc)

Granted, if you have any of Rem's 6* weapons you don't need it, since those are better in every way, but it's still there as an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Beat down Mateus first time, but not quite a Sub30. Too many annoying buffs I have to counteract.

Still, I have Quetz for Sub30-ing. At least you can just pour the damage on him and never stop.