Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
What's GIP CE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
^ goons in platoons current events?

ah haha please

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

rapeface posted:

What's GIP CE

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

bandaid.friend posted:

^ goons in platoons current events?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

I know it sounds weird, but the GIP CE thread is generally the best source of uspol news on SA. Much less hysterical than CSPAM and much less of an ideological pissing match than D&D. It leans about as left as this thread, but it's less snippy.

Any CHUDs get chased out, and it's better modded than most threads (because of the few times people broke opsec in the thread and lowtax had to deal with the fallout). Worst case, it'll give you some interesting twitter people to follow.

lmao

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I have tried deleting this user and nothing works

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

:nallears:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1085785084945260545

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wait the new rapist-muderer's surname is Mister Man.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Julie Bishop said to be quitting parliament

:frogout:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
:piss:

Its happening

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

If even this horrible monster is going, they must be completely hosed.

The average punter thinks she does a good job and is electable.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Good morning Auspol, I bring good tidings that once again, Barnaby nutted.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Zenithe posted:

For a moment I thought it said he was expecting a child with another former staffer.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why is she still loving this dude he sold her out like five time lmao

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dude McAwesome posted:

If even this horrible monster is going, they must be completely hosed.

The average punter thinks she does a good job and is electable.

I was expecting her to go anyway, I think the last spill cemented her decision. Only question is whether she gets a cushy posting or she already has something lined up in the US, they love her over there. There's a bit of WA argy-bargey going on that we're not privy to (or, more likely, the media isn't interested in telling us about), but its interesting that "members" are already carping that she is hanging around too long, which I interpret to be someone in WA itching to put their darling in the slot. Remember, Bishop is expendable but Porter is precious.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Barnaby fucks.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Also yeah I took it as a given that Bishop was going to throw in the towel.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

ewe2 posted:

I was expecting her to go anyway, I think the last spill cemented her decision. Only question is whether she gets a cushy posting or she already has something lined up in the US, they love her over there. There's a bit of WA argy-bargey going on that we're not privy to (or, more likely, the media isn't interested in telling us about), but its interesting that "members" are already carping that she is hanging around too long, which I interpret to be someone in WA itching to put their darling in the slot. Remember, Bishop is expendable but Porter is precious.

Yeah that’s some pretty good analysis. There’s only so many times you can be the bridesmaid before you just throw in the towel.

“Members” being Newscorp? Or just old white dudes?

I’ll be happy if I never have to read another story about her and how she’s a media darling. She’ll always be Asbestos Julie to me.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I thought she pulled the plug after the last leadership results.

Zenithe posted:

Dude can't stop. I wonder since Vicki is having boys that he finds she is doing a better job than his ex-wife who only had girls. I can see him having that view.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Dude McAwesome posted:

Barnaby fucks.

I wonder if the paternity of this one is a "grey area" too, or if he'll wait for the gender scans to decide.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dude McAwesome posted:

“Members” being Newscorp? Or just old white dudes?

WA Liberals speaking "off the record". It's media code for leaks, particularly ones they want to get back to the source to make them nervous, which is a hilarious tactic to use on Bishop, completely wasted effort.

You Am I posted:

It would have been learning who in the federal WA Libs didn't vote her up in the last spill. And someone made sure that was public too. They're not a subtle bunch, the Libs.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Yeah I heard via twitter I think that she was planning on going but wanted to make sure it was too late for Porter to be parachuted into her seat first.

I don't know if that's the case but I really hope so, or that she's managed to poison his brand enough among the Curtin branches that he won't gain preselection if he tries.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ewe2 posted:

It would have been learning who in the federal WA Libs didn't vote her up in the last spill. And someone made sure that was public too. They're not a subtle bunch, the Libs.

There's a theory that she's going to hold off until preselection has been done so as to stop Christian Porter trying to muscle his way into a much safer seat.

Edit: gently caress; Beaten.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

You Am I posted:

Dude can't stop. I wonder since Vicki is having boys that he finds she is doing a better job than his ex-wife who only had girls. I can see him having that view.

There was stirrings that Libs had realised Morrison was going to lose them even more seats than Turnbull and they were going to pull another spill to install Bishop to stem the blood loss like Kevin Rudd 2. She might have been keeping options open until they realised this was just moving deck chairs on the titanic and now her dream goes unfulfilled.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
imagine being an incel and finding out barnaby fucks

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bowmore posted:

He's rich and powerful, exactly the kind of person they'd expect to gently caress because women only care about money and power over their beautiful incel personalities.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zenithe posted:

#barnutby

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

He's rich and powerful, exactly the kind of person they'd expect to gently caress because women only care about money and power over their beautiful incel personalities.
yeah i guess

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

Why is she still loving this dude he sold her out like five time lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

bowmore posted:

Incel perception is so warped that some of them actually look decent but they think they’re more horrific than Barnaby.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

snoremac posted:

Incel perception is so warped that some of them actually look decent but they think they’re more horrific than Barnaby.

And it's usually by some insane measure like ratio of knuckle distance to armpit.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I seem to recall the term wristcel from somewhere, which is just :psyduck:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They're people with mental illness.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Okay, lnp is getting to be so hilariously dysfunctional that even my eternal pessimism is starting to crack slightly.

Also their women problem might be getting to the point where I stop writing it off as just a natural consequence of being standard conservative assholes and start wanting some of the women that have left to whistleblow in greater detail. If the lnp really is a more hostile environment for women than the average right wing political party than I am willing to bet the problem can be traced back to a single particularly lovely influence:

Speaking of which, he recently managed to score some quality headlines from the backbench:

'You are embarrassing': Tony Abbott slapped down over Brexit claim.

Tony Abbott slammed by experts, labelled ‘embarrassing’ and lacking a ‘basic grasp’ of economics

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm certain that raising anything about women in any context at an LNP meeting would immediately make you a cultural Marxist feminazi in the eyes of 60% of their MPs

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I really think Moon Atari is right about the Abbott factor. Even under Howard, you had Bishop and Vanstone, (probably a few others) and that was like 15-20 years ago now.

All of this seemed to come to a head after Turnbull was spilled, so clearly that was the only thing keeping the women from being openly mocked and bullied by Abbott's troglodytes. Yeah he's not the most overt bully even if he is definitely one; but his behaviour definitely enables people like Abetz, Kelly and the Entire Qld LNP to be the way they are.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

JBP posted:

I'm certain that raising anything about women in any context at an LNP meeting would immediately make you a cultural Marxist feminazi in the eyes of 60% of their MPs

True, but as far as commitment to that ideology I don't think they are that much worse than the Tories or Republicans, and they can manage to recruit and maintain some women. I think they probably have a sleazy meathead boy's club culture even in excess of what you would expect based on their beliefs. In particular, Abbott as opposition leader prior to shifting to portray a slightly more gentle PM persona in the few months before his election is what I am drawing on. A leader in that mode behind the scenes for eight or so years would have created a far grosser culture than what is inherent to the right.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

If Julie Bishop is out and the election goes as badly for the Liberals as projected, who will they have left to be opposition leader?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Trapezium Dave posted:

If Julie Bishop is out and the election goes as badly for the Liberals as projected, who will they have left to be opposition leader?

Tudge.