Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Moved all my furniture into my new house today while my dad was in town but the city can’t turn on my water service until Tuesday so I’m the meantime I have to drive to the old house every time I need to poo poo. This owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
When the clock strikes midnight and it is the New Year it is my birthday. Suggestions on what to do?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gatts posted:

When the clock strikes midnight and it is the New Year it is my birthday. Suggestions on what to do?

Is banging somebody consensually an option?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Gatts posted:

self succ

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is banging somebody consensually an option?

That would be nice, but single. Oh well.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Moved all my furniture into my new house today while my dad was in town but the city can’t turn on my water service until Tuesday so I’m the meantime I have to drive to the old house every time I need to poo poo. This owns.

Bring some buckets of water with you so you can manually fill your toilet tank.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/blainecapatch/status/947166225758429189

https://twitter.com/nachdermas/status/945826390263390208

Gatts posted:

Watch Brazil?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 31, 2017

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Gatts posted:

That's what tinder's for

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hm. Maybe, I haven't see it yet.

Leads me to alternate option, watch The Fountain with tissues for crying in jammies and blankie and ice cream.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gatts posted:

Hm. Maybe, I haven't see it yet.

Leads me to alternate option, watch The Fountain with tissues for crying in jammies and blankie and ice cream.

Fun fact, I avoided watching it for a while because I kept thinking it was The Fountainhead, and I wanted nothing to do with Ayn Rand. Not so much the Mandela effect as being a dumbass who mixes up things that sound vaguely similar.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have a question if people know...when did the Mandella Effect get named? Was it after 1997? When did this get some sort of recognition?

Fun fact, I avoided watching it for a while because I kept thinking it was The Fountainhead, and I wanted nothing to do with Ayn Rand. Not so much the Mandela effect as being a dumbass who mixes up things that sound vaguely similar.

I'm a sucker for good romance and a genuine love story. I like Crazy Stupid Love as example.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I feel like all the people that get hung up on marxists pointing out economic anxiety in racists dont understand what intersectionality is and also they usually refer to themselves as intersectional feminists, which lol

but also, this is strictly limited to left twitter and fb, which is mostly bullshit anyways

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gatts posted:

I have a question if people know...when did the Mandella Effect get named? Was it after 1997? When did this get some sort of recognition?

I'm a sucker for good romance and a genuine love story. I like Crazy Stupid Love as example.

My intro to it was the Shaq/Sinbad Kazaam imbroglio

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Gatts posted:

I swear it was after 1997, but there are a lot of people who say otherwise.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Budgie Jumping posted:

I swear it was after 1997, but there are a lot of people who say otherwise.

I remember it being called The Mandala Effect and so do a lot of other ppl

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have a whacky conspiracy theory cooked up in my head where CERN is responsible for it without ill intention. Either shifting us to a different reality or rearranging it by chance.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Help me out here GenChat. I'm not super excited about any of these movies but I want to get out of the house tonight so I'm seeing one of them on my dang ol MoviePass:

- Downsizing
- I, Tonya
- Molly's Game

Tell me which one, please

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Margot Robie looks like she gives a killer performance for I, Tonya so I say that

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Supposedly Katey Segal is also super good as Tonya's horrid mom so that's my vote, also

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Yo i hear I, Tonya is dope too and those other ones look like garbage

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I feel like all the people that get hung up on marxists pointing out economic anxiety in racists dont understand what intersectionality is and also they usually refer to themselves as intersectional feminists, which lol

but also, this is strictly limited to left twitter and fb, which is mostly bullshit anyways

It really is, love too be scolded by galaxy brains that never leave the home

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Supposedly Katey Segal is also super good as Tonya's horrid mom so that's my vote, also

That's Allison Janney

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I Before E posted:

That's Allison Janney

Dang, I mixed them up

Please tell me it's not that weird so I can maintain a bit of dignity here

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Dang, I mixed them up

Please tell me it's not that weird so I can maintain a bit of dignity here

They have similar voices imo

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

It really is, love too be scolded by galaxy brains that never leave the home

it's the fuckin worst

in other news, on my suggestion, my comrades and I are gonna try doing a food sharing/community town hall approach based off of the BPP's use of Mao's theory of the Mass Line. I'm super pumped to get this organized, I'm hoping giving people a venue to vent their grievances and talk about what they need will be a much more organic way of building movement instead of like "hey join DSA or something"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I wish the Mandella effect wasn't named after the aspect of the thing that feels the most super racist.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

glam rock hamhock posted:

I wish the Mandella effect wasn't named after the aspect of the thing that feels the most super racist.

Seems accurate though considering one of the most common examples is of people confusing Shaq and Sinbad.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
K. Waste's cut of BvS is now my preferred version of the movie. Cheers to you buddy.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

it's the fuckin worst

in other news, on my suggestion, my comrades and I are gonna try doing a food sharing/community town hall approach based off of the BPP's use of Mao's theory of the Mass Line. I'm super pumped to get this organized, I'm hoping giving people a venue to vent their grievances and talk about what they need will be a much more organic way of building movement instead of like "hey join DSA or something"

We did this and only three people showed up lol, outreach is really not our strong suit.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

We did this and only three people showed up lol, outreach is really not our strong suit.

We've got good connections in the mayan and immigrant communities, but outside of that... yeah, idk how we're gonna draw ppl except by like promoting it during canvassing and stuff

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive rules, it's downright Altman-esque.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Seems accurate though considering one of the most common examples is of people confusing Shaq and Sinbad.

I thought the Sinbad thing was true, though?

Maybe I'm confused about what you're referencing.

Edit: I forgot that morons thought he was Shazaam!. I just remembered the turban thing.

Snak fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 31, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Snak posted:

I thought the Sinbad thing was true, though?

Maybe I'm confused about what you're referencing.

Kazaam is Shaq's movie but people think it was Sinbad who starred in it. I always remembered Shaq because it was his other movie besides Steel at the time.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm convinced SInbad played a genie in an add or something because I distinctly remember the Shaq genie movie being a thing but I also remember 90s Sinbad playing a genie in a completely different thing but I'm also not gonna get dumb about ti and am willing to easily accept that people have things in common with the way memory works that let multiple people misremember the exact same thing

The Mandela aspect just feels weird because it screams "I did not pay any attention to South Africa after apartheid fell and even before I was only paying attention because pop culture forced me to". Hell, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend as an American I pay that much real attention to anything that's happening in any non-American country but thinking Mandela died in jail feels like a very deliberate version of not giving a poo poo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Perhaps peeps be thinking of this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0rchvuoMU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah. I think it's really stupid that the phenomenon is named after what seems like and assumption a bunch of people just made because they weren't paying attention.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean the whole thing is made up of things where people made assumptions or didn't pay attention (maybe that's the joke you were making) but most of it is just minor dumb pop culture stuff but it's named after the instance that just thinks a beloved leader of an African natio died in prison rather than getting out of prison becoming a well loved President and dying of natural causes pretty recently. Like I feel almost everything else that the Mandela effect entails is stupid bullshit that no one cares you got wrong but it got named after the one thing people probably really should actually know better about.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Am I suffering from the Mandela Effect if I thought Invictus was all right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Have some '76 double features:

Queen Kong x King Kong

Taxi Driver x Rocky

The Omen x God Told Me To

God Speed You! Black Emperor x Assault on Precinct 13

Vigilante Force x J.D.'s Revenge

Hollywood On Trial x Harlan County, U.S.A.

Eaten Alive x Carrie

• Locked thread