Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mantis42 posted:

We'll know the Piss Tape is real when Hannity lectures us on watersports being legal.

Speaking of which, a few blowhards underwent it willingly and changed their stance regarding waterboarding, but Hannity was the only one to repeatedly be like IT'S TOTALLY PAINLESS AND HARMLESS I WILL HAVE IT DONE TO MYSELF ON TV JUST TO PROVE THIS multiple times and then never follow through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

seiferguy posted:

I know Sessions wants harsher punishments (sentencing) for drug users. Does he want harsh sentencing for any other area of the criminal spectrum, i.e. sexual assault, money laundering, etc?

Or is he just worried about reefer madness?

Do they negativity affect minorities?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://i.imgur.com/fs8btWC.gifv

Remarkably appropriate for the thread this past week.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Neo Rasa posted:

Speaking of which, a few blowhards underwent it willingly and changed their stance regarding waterboarding, but Hannity was the only one to repeatedly be like IT'S TOTALLY PAINLESS AND HARMLESS I WILL HAVE IT DONE TO MYSELF ON TV JUST TO PROVE THIS multiple times and then never follow through.

Whatever you think about Hitchens, his essay on that was worth the read.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mdemone posted:

Whatever you think about Hitchens, his essay on that was worth the read.

This.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I want to find some old articles but obviously google is a little inundated at this point.

Right after the victory Jr. was getting a whole lot of credit for his pioneering use of social media to send targeted ads. The trump campaign was claiming it was all his idea.

There was also a weird, random story of Trump buying a data analytics site for around 1 million dollars that no one really paid attention to at the time. The previous owner went to work for the trump campaign, and is currently under investigation.

We also know that when Russia hacked the DNC, they probably got access to all their precinct data, so you'd know which districts to target if you really wanted to plant stories that could potentially depress voter turnout.

We also now know that Mueller is investigating the bots and fake news articles that propagated on Twitter during the campaign, and we also know they were mostly from Russian/foreign sources.

We ALSO know that like a day after this meeting with Russia happened, T_D has it's largest increase in membership, even larger than when Donald won the nomination which doesn't make any sense, and other right wing sites like Breitbart have had precipitous drop offs in unique views which would indicate before they were being artificially inflated.

I still think the bigger story is that the entire GOP is filled to the gills with russian money and is just now realizing it. However, I think the jr story is he, kushner, and manafort were the point men for this russian election interference, or at least gave them the impression that if they helped, they would lift sanctions.

i still don't think Trump himself knew about anything that was going on.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm doing another FEC deep dive tomorrow to focus on McConnell PACs, particularly One Nation although I'm aware they're dark. Anybody have any tips?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

Trump is a fine upstanding Christian, not an evil gay Muslim atheist, he can't be the Antichrist!

Obama was a neutral good gay Muslim athiest. :colbert:

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Javes posted:

https://twitter.com/alvarombedoya/status/885193478157860868

Could we at least get the cool parts of a cyberpunk dystopia, please?

I thought face scans were standard since the introduction of chipped passports like ten years ago? Certainly any non-American coming into the states has to submit to them.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Yeah I've had a nice blurry picture taken going through customs each time I've been out of the country on the past decade

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

FizFashizzle posted:

I think at the end of the day it will come to this, or at the very least, no overwhelming proof that he knew. At best, I think he probably said words to the effect of "Do what you gotta do, I don't want to know the details as long as I get the results."

Edit: Shades of Reagan and Iran/Contra, possible senility and all.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

FizFashizzle posted:

I want to find some old articles but obviously google is a little inundated at this point.

Right after the victory Jr. was getting a whole lot of credit for his pioneering use of social media to send targeted ads. The trump campaign was claiming it was all his idea.

There was also a weird, random story of Trump buying a data analytics site for around 1 million dollars that no one really paid attention to at the time. The previous owner went to work for the trump campaign, and is currently under investigation.

We also know that when Russia hacked the DNC, they probably got access to all their precinct data, so you'd know which districts to target if you really wanted to plant stories that could potentially depress voter turnout.

We also now know that Mueller is investigating the bots and fake news articles that propagated on Twitter during the campaign, and we also know they were mostly from Russian/foreign sources.

We ALSO know that like a day after this meeting with Russia happened, T_D has it's largest increase in membership, even larger than when Donald won the nomination which doesn't make any sense, and other right wing sites like Breitbart have had precipitous drop offs in unique views which would indicate before they were being artificially inflated.

I still think the bigger story is that the entire GOP is filled to the gills with russian money and is just now realizing it. However, I think the jr story is he, kushner, and manafort were the point men for this russian election interference, or at least gave them the impression that if they helped, they would lift sanctions.

trump sr absolutely, without a doubt greenlit all this poo poo

he helped arrange the connections needed for his lovely little children to be the gophers and do the work. you think trump jr just knew these people all on his own?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

yall are high on nothing matteramine if you think trump was somehow disengaged from campaign collusion with his own direct business contacts. i agree i am pensively waiting for proof, but come the gently caress on. the dude knew.

also lol

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/885232566978187266

one of the first things trump did in office was fire preet bahara and have jeff sessions dismiss a money laundering case against some fuckin russians dismissed

skylined! fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 13, 2017

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

FizFashizzle posted:

Hahaha I mean how great would it be if Mueller is going to take even longer than anyone expects because he's got so many loving people to haul in on charges? Just he starts investigating and by now each time someone walks in and says "boss you gotta see this" he's all "oh for gently caress's sake, what now?"

Reality is basically weirder than fiction now, so why not?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

seiferguy posted:

I know Sessions wants harsher punishments (sentencing) for drug users. Does he want harsh sentencing for any other area of the criminal spectrum, i.e. sexual assault, money laundering, etc?

He just wants to incarcerate every black person in America so that they can be put back to work as slave labor by privately owned prisons.

pacmania90 posted:

Where are the fuckers crying about how Obama's National ID program was the Mark of the Beast?

As I mentioned before, all those right wing conspiracy assholes are actually perfectly ok with this poo poo as long as it's being done by a fellow crazy racist white person.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

skylined! posted:

yall are high on nothing matteramine if you think trump was somehow disengaged from campaign collusion with his own direct business contacts. i agree i am pensively waiting for proof, but come the gently caress on. the dude knew.

also lol

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/885232566978187266

one of the first things trump did in office was fire preet bahara and have jeff sessions dismiss a money laundering case against some fuckin russians dismissed

Not just "Some Russians", it was some Russians being represented by the lawyer that Trump Jr and co met with

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

skylined! posted:

you think trump jr just knew these people all on his own?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

Had friends do it to me last 4th of July (I write thrillers and wanted to write a torture scene more realistically.) Spoiler alert. It SUCKS.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
In his last press conference before the election, Trump implored Russia to hack Hillary's emails. He said they would be rewarded.

In his last press conference before the election, Trump implored Russia to hack Hillary's emails. He said they would be rewarded.

Did people just forget this happened?

Trumps knew.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ague Proof posted:

Trumps knew.

See also his inexplicable and unprompted defending of Russia during the debates. He absolutely knew.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

cmon man you're smarter than this

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I decided to skim through the Steele dossier again as well.

If Russia seriously compromised both political parties in the US and put a reality show puppet President in the Oval Office it's got to be the most incredible intelligence op in the history of mankind.

Like, why the gently caress do we even bother having the CIA/FBI if they hosed up this badly? :lol:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

Trumps knew.

It's not a big deal, he didn't fire the person investigating him for Russian collusion.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol

(check where the link actually goes before reacting)

https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/885299505750519808

edit: hahahaha

https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/885313498921795584

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Fintilgin posted:

I decided to skim through the Steele dossier again as well.

If Russia seriously compromised both political parties in the US and put a reality show puppet President in the Oval Office it's got to be the most incredible intelligence op in the history of mankind.

Like, why the gently caress do we even bother having the CIA/FBI if they hosed up this badly? :lol:

The new york office of the FBI probably has/had a bunch of people being paid by the russian mob. Seems like a Whitey Bulger situation to me.

And no one thought Trump would actually win so they were all hoping this would just go away. Strangely enough it seems like the US gov wasn't listening into a lot of the trump camp directly. But there's nothing saying england, etc, can't spy on american citizens.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tatsuta Age posted:

Yeah I've had a nice blurry picture taken going through customs each time I've been out of the country on the past decade

This is a photo when you leave the country, they had photos when you enter the country before and biometric data on your passport for like 10 years (and a photo on your passport for like 100 years). International travel seems like it involves so many photos I'm not sure this specific one is the slippery slope to big brother. It's one when you leave and one when you come back, leaving and never ever coming back was the only way before to not get your photo taken but that would have required a passport which already had a photo, so there wasn't much way to get out of the government having a photo of you if you wanted to get out of the US.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

skylined! posted:

cmon man you're smarter than this

I think it was probably manafort who hooked up jr with russian contacts.

I still haven't figured out how Kushner got involved with russian money to bail him out on 666.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

seiferguy posted:

Let me put it this way...

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"Now if Russia or China or any other country has those emails, I mean to be honest with you I'd love to see them.

Russia, if you're listening,I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

He deflects from Russia by saying anyone could have hacked the DNC (as he always does), but when he asks for the 30,000 emails he only addresses Russia.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

FizFashizzle posted:

I think it was probably manafort who hooked up jr with russian contacts.

I still haven't figured out how Kushner got involved with russian money to bail him out on 666.

Easy, his dad is a major crook.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Imo, the release of the pee tape would change nothing.

Does anyone know a trump supporter who wouldnt make excuses for the pee tape?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Russian hacking was a story going into the election, and "hillary's emails" was a FNC mainstay since like 2013.

I think it's entirely possible he's underwater with the russians, and that's why he keeps handwaving their crimes.

However, I just can't look at this guy and see someone capable of a criminal conspiracy. I see someone in the early stages of dementia.

OctaMurk posted:

it'd be REEEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYY hard for the evangelical right to ignore that.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

OctaMurk posted:

Why would they need excuses when they can simply point out what InfoWars revealed Clinton did with her urine.

but her pee-mails

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

OctaMurk posted:

At this point he could release a tape of him banging two hookers just to prove it didn't involve piss and it wouldn't surprise me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

OctaMurk posted:

The release of the piss tape would lead to wide public acknowledgment that the Steele dossier is legitimate, and there is lots of other stuff in there that has not yet been corroborated but is extremely WTF, not the least of which is Rosneft-19% and the Carter Page tape.

At least that's my take. Right now Steele is seen as fake news, which is obviously incorrect if you know details and have been sniffing at this for months like some of us have, but nevertheless that's the way it stands at the moment.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

I can't tell if that is a chair or a invisible person sitting next to him wearing a dress

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mdemone posted:

At least that's my take. Right now Steele is seen as fake news, which is obviously incorrect if you know details and have been sniffing at this for months like some of us have, but nevertheless that's the way it stands at the moment.

I've still not seen anything really convincing about the Rosneft deal.

Of course I've seen the piss tape and it is real and fantastic.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Hollismason posted:

I can't tell if that is a chair or a invisible person sitting next to him wearing a dress

It is more like those I Spy books, there are actually 6 Russians in that photo.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Hollismason posted:

Barack Obama is known to take the form of an empty chair, on occasion.

Why is no one talking about Obama's association with Russian real estate? And why didn't he choose to appear in his visible form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

The best pee, the most pee. Pee like you wouldn't believe.

• Locked thread