Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Utz posted:

Wow. Hook, line and sinker.

No offense, but folks like you who have ZERO self-awareness and an obsession with denying reality make the rest of us true Americans look bad.

You have obviously never actually cared about this country enough to think outside CNN.

Think for yourself, for crap's sake!

Source ur quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Utz posted:

Wow. Hook, line and sinker.

No offense, but folks like you who have ZERO self-awareness and an obsession with denying reality make the rest of us true Americans look bad.

You have obviously never actually cared about this country enough to think outside CNN.

Think for yourself, for crap's sake!

Tormp

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lot of good posts today!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i love him

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Slumfrog posted:

Huh, i will admit I've always thought the same as Videokid but looking it up it the british actually exported cotton cloths to india, completely wrecking the local cloth industry in the process, and not the other way around. damned if you aren't right again emfive, you've taught me so much.

I know they destroyed India’s domestic textile industry but I remember reading that after the revolutionary war but before they took over Egypt it was cheeper for England to import raw cotton from India tax free rather than pay tariffs on American cotton.

In other news I found this review of “The Half that has never been told” :

Terrible Book don’t buy it
Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2020
This book is chock full of historical inaccuracies. Clearly the author dislikes free market economics and the USA even more. I didn’t even want to give this book one star but was forced to in order to write this commentary. Caveat Emptor

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/___maryboy/status/1409691408185794560

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

VideoKid posted:

I know they destroyed India’s domestic textile industry but I remember reading that after the revolutionary war but before they took over Egypt it was cheeper for England to import raw cotton from India tax free rather than pay tariffs on American cotton.

In other news I found this review of “The Half that has never been told” :

Terrible Book don’t buy it
Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2020
This book is chock full of historical inaccuracies. Clearly the author dislikes free market economics and the USA even more. I didn’t even want to give this book one star but was forced to in order to write this commentary. Caveat Emptor

lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wtf

:whitewater:

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

neutral milf hotel posted:

yes, scott presslor likely went into a comma before his fleshlight strangled him to death while jerkin' it in a walmart bathroom at 4am.

£ £ £ £ £ !!!!! .

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

titty_baby_ posted:

Source ur quotes

Trump did some great stuff....stock market zoomed 10000 points,from 19000 to 29000..... no new wars or invasions, Isis toned down, illegal immigration kept down as much as possible, {while legal immigration held steady at one million per year....although the media never likes to mention That}....tried to get the guys home from the Middle East, did his best with the covid thing, a few hits,a few missess but he did get the vaccines up and running, signed two stimulus bills and froze rents and college loan payments....the economy tanked for a bit but thats cause the scientists told him to lock down, so he locked down...... ..what the heck was he supposed to do?.....we personally did great under him. Paid off a mortgage 13 years early, got a new car. Loved that he kept up autism research funding for 1.9 billion, and he made animal cruelty a federal crime...which means Tiger King Joe Exotic places will no longer be allowed to operate and all those ridiculous laws individual states have about being allowed to own exotic animals....whether you can care for them or not....can be abolished now.

I'm so SICK of having to EXPLAIN MYSELF

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

neutral milf hotel posted:

lot of good posts today!

Good posts!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The 'Dersh bringing the Good Lawyering

quote:

Attorney Alan Dershowitz predicted on Tuesday that Rudy Giuliani will never practice law again -- unless he is saved by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Dershowitz told Newsmax that a New York court's recent decision to suspend Giuliani's law license would likely be made permanent.

"He can appeal this. He can seek a hearing but I think he's cooked," Dershowitz said, "in front of the Appellate Division. They've already said it's likely that there will be permanent sanctions, which means disbarment."

"I think his best chance will be in the United States Supreme Court," he added. "And I think the United States Supreme Court will take a case like this because they will see selective prosecution. They will see that he had a First Amendment right to go on television even if he ended up being wrong, even if what he said was not truthful."

Dershowitz compared Giuliani's suspension to a recent Supreme Court ruling that said a Pennsylvania cheerleader should not have been punished by her school for using swear words off school grounds.

I'm not a lawyer, but there might be some relevent qualitative differences between the two cases.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the only swedish soccer layer anyone has ever given a poo poo about is zlatan

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Trum.lo

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

swedish soccer layer

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Hector_E_Alcala/status/1409961435950690319

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lil chonker

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

and then randomly i remember that time i was weird and embarrassed myself and get all worked up about it 20 years later

our minds own

i remember reading about those people were truly photographic memories. like they can remember every detail of every day. what was on tv 30 years ago on a specific date etc. and i was like oh that sounds cool. but they were like, no it actually sucks because you remember even bad details so vividly. every fight with someone, every traumatic experience. where in normal people that evetually fades somewhat over time. and I was like, oh yeah that does sounds like it sucks

trumo

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

awww geez

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Marilyn: a life in three words

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lmao

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1409594948798894081

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Trump staffers sought refuge on second floor of White House as former president never climbed stairs

https://twitter.com/mtbfrick/status/1409963375073837061

His body is so terrible and gross.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What are the odds trump tried to get an escalator installed in the White House

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

that guy who did the nude Trump statue really wasn't creative enough in imagining how lovely and weird Trump's body must look

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

lol he's so fat his knees are total poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

just so you’re aware, every time you call trump a fat lazy piece of poo poo with bad legs that can’t climb up steps you’re actually disrespecting the office of the president of the United States

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

just so you’re aware, every time you call trump a fat lazy piece of poo poo with bad legs that can’t climb up steps you’re actually disrespecting the office of the president of the United States

you don't have to respect the man but you must respect the office

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

...he's a fat lazy piece of poo poo with bad legs that climb up steps

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

fake news

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

current occupant can't climb stairs either so when will we have someone in the white house who respects the office enough to have good legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Remember that light show taking place on the second floor of of that white house room?