Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

1) delay local by 15-90 seconds scaled to the dbs of the system, lower the dbs the faster local appears.
2) the dbs' range is now from 100% to 250%. the most ratted in system is 100%, and the least is 250%. it's only effected by isk in bounties killed, not number of rats or how many player ships are destroyed weighted by an hourly average, daily average, and weekly average, with the first being weighted by a sixth, the middle being worth a third, and the latter worth a half in weighting.
3) undo mega rorq nerfs, disallow a rorq from dumping drones into a mobile depot, reduce PANIC time by 33.333333333333%
4) reduce skiff/procurer ehp/remove a midslot by ~25-30%, give all barges/exhumers 5% more mining yield per skill level, apply it to mining drones too :).
5) revert surgical strike other than the +20% damage to short range ammo
6) fully passive moon mining for 75% of the ore value, deposited once a week after mining has begun, paused at any time a structure is reinforced (optional system)
7) all citadels and pos in pochven explode, none to ever be anchored ever again. remove any security status need for entering any system. alpha clones cannot enter pochven or wormhole space except for thera
8) lock all fwar tiers to tier 4, defending or attacking any plex provides a full payout, defending a system at 0% contested provides no payout. only players engaged in factional warfare can enter medium/small/novice plexes in factional warfare. remove all fwar mission agents and put 3 of each level in one system on the edge of the warzone, then double the payouts. also completing a mission where the destination gives u progress to capping a system. citadels in fwar space can only be anchored by corporations in the war, become low power and unfueled upon leaving the war, and can only be docked in by members of the winning faction. structures can also not be transferred to another corporation while in the warzone. only the amarr-minmatar or caldari-gallente warzone is active at at time, it rotates on a 4 month period. add some cool winning rewards or something depending on how much u contributed, would be cool
9) reduce highsec incursion payouts and lp by 25%, and increase lowsec/nullsec incursion payouts by 30%. remove the abilities for caps to enter incursion sites. reduce orca mining yield by 50% but made mining laser upgrades give 25% each but u gotta waste ur lowslots lmoa
10) the act of opening a wreck removes your warp landing immunity. if you die within 5 seconds of looting a wreck what you took is moved back into the wreck as if you never looted it
11) abyssals are removed from the game. (optional rule, they cannot be activated in highsec and they appear as warpable beacons everywhere else)
12)pi factory layouts, remove the annoyingness related to a setup working on some planets and not on others because the planet size is bigger and the connections just barely make it not work or w.e. linkable pi setups in game. sentry guns on poco that has ai that rivals posses of old,. so they mostly shoot hostiles or once in a blue moon dunk a friendly for no reason, that'd be cool
13)ess now provides (20-5%, scaling down) of whatever is in the bank (up to 1b payout) per week to whoever owns the system. keys are no longer required to rob the bank things, you just go there and start sucking after a delay
14)reduce prices of dreads to prenerf , double dd damage and cooldown, remove dread invuln damage controls
15)nothing is nullified except for shuttles, end of discussion
16) missions now give 20% bonus to rewards per sec status below 1.0, instead of 10%
17) warp disruptor sentry guns in all sites that disrupt u but die instantly once the site is complete, they point u till u clear anom or u kill it, they do not auto aggressed by drones
18) ore is no longer distributed based on high/low/null, make it so every region can supply it's own poo poo, it's a loving massive universe gently caress u ccp
19) ok schizo posting is over

20) Make autocannons not poo poo
21) Either make battleshits lock/target/engage viable at 250+ km or loving delete HACs
22) Find a reason for NPC Null to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

20) Make autocannons not poo poo
21) Either make battleshits lock/target/engage viable at 250+ km or loving delete HACs
22) Find a reason for NPC Null to exist.

This but Heavy Missiles. Double missile velocity and halve flight time on all ships CCPlease

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
honestly those are all great changes so of course they will never come to pass

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

10) the act of opening a wreck removes your warp landing immunity. if you die within 5 seconds of looting a wreck what you took is moved back into the wreck as if you never looted it

disagree on the second half because its always funny when someone loses loot from a wreck

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dieting Hippo posted:

disagree on the second half because its always funny when someone loses loot from a wreck

disagree, putting in none of the effort of killing a ship shouldn't give you equal chance to the loot, this disincentivizes active gameplay

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Won't the "no capitals in incursions" one reduce the amount of caps to shoot? I'd have thought you wanted people out risking carriers and being juicy targets, and it doesn't seem like ratting in them is very common now

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

NtotheTC posted:

Won't the "no capitals in incursions" one reduce the amount of caps to shoot? I'd have thought you wanted people out risking carriers and being juicy targets, and it doesn't seem like ratting in them is very common now
Incursions cyno jam so you can't bring hostile capitals on top of the incursion caps. The last time goons' incursion squad got ganked, they shot all the subcaps and hosed off because they couldn't break the caps.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Mederlock posted:

There's also a Goat Simulator, 10/10 would conduct satanic rites with innocent citizens again

Goat Simulator is just Tony Hawk but instead of a skater + board you're a goat, it is cool and good (for a laugh)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

NtotheTC posted:

balancing pve to remove a tiny fraction of content is worth it sometimes

19) add in capital tier anoms in nullsec

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

1) delay local by 15-90 seconds scaled to the dbs of the system, lower the dbs the faster local appears.
2) the dbs' range is now from 100% to 250%. the most ratted in system is 100%, and the least is 250%. it's only effected by isk in bounties killed, not number of rats or how many player ships are destroyed weighted by an hourly average, daily average, and weekly average, with the first being weighted by a sixth, the middle being worth a third, and the latter worth a half in weighting.
3) undo mega rorq nerfs, disallow a rorq from dumping drones into a mobile depot, reduce PANIC time by 33.333333333333%
4) reduce skiff/procurer ehp/remove a midslot by ~25-30%, give all barges/exhumers 5% more mining yield per skill level, apply it to mining drones too :).
5) revert surgical strike other than the +20% damage to short range ammo
6) fully passive moon mining for 75% of the ore value, deposited once a week after mining has begun, paused at any time a structure is reinforced (optional system)
7) all citadels and pos in pochven explode, none to ever be anchored ever again. remove any security status need for entering any system. alpha clones cannot enter pochven or wormhole space except for thera
8) lock all fwar tiers to tier 4, defending or attacking any plex provides a full payout, defending a system at 0% contested provides no payout. only players engaged in factional warfare can enter medium/small/novice plexes in factional warfare. remove all fwar mission agents and put 3 of each level in one system on the edge of the warzone, then double the payouts. also completing a mission where the destination gives u progress to capping a system. citadels in fwar space can only be anchored by corporations in the war, become low power and unfueled upon leaving the war, and can only be docked in by members of the winning faction. structures can also not be transferred to another corporation while in the warzone. only the amarr-minmatar or caldari-gallente warzone is active at at time, it rotates on a 4 month period. add some cool winning rewards or something depending on how much u contributed, would be cool
9) reduce highsec incursion payouts and lp by 25%, and increase lowsec/nullsec incursion payouts by 30%. remove the abilities for caps to enter incursion sites. reduce orca mining yield by 50% but made mining laser upgrades give 25% each but u gotta waste ur lowslots lmoa
11) abyssals are removed from the game. (optional rule, they cannot be activated in highsec and they appear as warpable beacons everywhere else)
12)pi factory layouts, remove the annoyingness related to a setup working on some planets and not on others because the planet size is bigger and the connections just barely make it not work or w.e. linkable pi setups in game. sentry guns on poco that has ai that rivals posses of old,. so they mostly shoot hostiles or once in a blue moon dunk a friendly for no reason, that'd be cool
13)ess now provides (20-5%, scaling down) of whatever is in the bank (up to 1b payout) per week to whoever owns the system. keys are no longer required to rob the bank things, you just go there and start sucking after a delay
14)reduce prices of dreads to prenerf , double dd damage and cooldown, remove dread invuln damage controls
15)nothing is nullified except for shuttles, end of discussion
16) missions now give 20% bonus to rewards per sec status below 1.0, instead of 10%
17) warp disruptor sentry guns in all sites that disrupt u but die instantly once the site is complete, they point u till u clear anom or u kill it, they do not auto aggressed by drones
18) ore is no longer distributed based on high/low/null, make it so every region can supply it's own poo poo, it's a loving massive universe gently caress u ccp
19) ok schizo posting is over

.... sure, hell, gently caress yeah

a lot of stuff in here but I would absolutely detest, but I don't think it could be questioned that it would be better for the game

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lol someone steal some of ccp's vm templates and hand em to this guy

Eve 2: this time designed by the guy who understands the game mechanics and balance better than the original devs

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
globby's game design philosophy focuses on making it incredibly easy to gank people, and it shows up in every single one of his "here's how to fix EVE" posts

I don't disagree that PVE shouldn't be completely safe, but you gotta make it engaging and rewarding enough for people to want to do it in the first place, much less be OK with the risk of getting their dicks shot off by third parties. There's not much in that list to un-gently caress the incredibly boring PVE in this game, just a couple of minor QoL changes

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
My first wife was named Matilda Helldump

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My 3 characters' omega is lapsing tomorrow and I'm not sure I feel the urge to re-up. It feels too much like rewarding bad behavior.

I guess I can join cormorant fleets or just jump in a tackle frigate.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I unsubbed all my accounts this morning and listed my reason as something like "the next time you want to so much as change the loving font on the UI you should ask the CSM for permission first"

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Mr. Grinch posted:

I unsubbed all my accounts this morning and listed my reason as something like "the next time you want to so much as change the loving font on the UI you should ask the CSM for permission first"

How can you be so cruel, they only have so many deck chairs to shuffle around! Now they'll have to make a new UI for Evemail that makes the window always pop up when you get a new message.

edit: or corpmail

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Jazzzzz posted:

globby's game design philosophy focuses on making it incredibly easy to gank people, and it shows up in every single one of his "here's how to fix EVE" posts

I don't disagree that PVE shouldn't be completely safe, but you gotta make it engaging and rewarding enough for people to want to do it in the first place, much less be OK with the risk of getting their dicks shot off by third parties. There's not much in that list to un-gently caress the incredibly boring PVE in this game, just a couple of minor QoL changes

because it's impossible for a small gang to catch anything of value outside of highsec

there is nothing to do for a small group of 3-10 people that isn't hope the enemies are bored and come out to fight us

likewise increasing the profitability of nullsec is good too

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 1, 2021

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

because it's impossible for a small gang to catch anything of value outside of highsec

there is nothing to do for a small group of 3-10 people that isn't hope the enemies are bored and come out to fight us

imho the real problem is risk averse behavior & the fact that most pve fits are poo poo for pvp will always ensure tha ppl dock up at the whiff of a threat. that won't change regardless of how you tweak the game.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/pulling-concord-is-now-a-permaban-offense/334480/54

so about those pro-ganking changes... lol

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

why do they hate players having fun in their sandbox

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
We really want people to play our game!

No not that way!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Bold idea increase the number and size of asteroids in 0.0 and maybe bring back ice belts.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

in addition to being a hilariously stupid decision on the gameplay merits, it is utterly unenforceable to have it be bannable to get concorded with a certain motive but not with other motives and what ccp has just done is created a new form of combat: ganker vs counter-ganker petition wars

did you forget that you had a gcc and undocked? or did you know you had a gcc and undocked? the gm's view on your mental state determines your account's status!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Ccp's economy problem is all because of plex.

If they just made all Plex bought in game usable only in the NES store, that would pull money out of the economy like crazy.

It'll also torpedo plex sales and pricing as people liquidate stock.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 1, 2021

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Ccp's economy problem is all because of plex.

If they just made all Plex bought in game usable only in the NES store, that would pull money out of the economy like crazy.

ccp's economy problem is because ccp is deliberately creating economy problems

it's all of the downside of a planned economy that is run by idiots, but with the idiots thinking "i need to actively cause a recession" not just doing it by accident

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I mean, just balance faucets and sinks (do not baseline during a war dumbasses), and make plex stop injecting isk into the game by making it only tradeable if purchased from the store.

E: Yes I understand that people do stuff to generate the isk to buy plex, but it stops the same plex from being traded multiple times with each trade generating some inflation.

E: it's not a fix, but it slows inflation from plex.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Joining Secret Santa, but I'm a bit nervous about people whose list basically looks like this:

Zungen Rich: 5 titans
Kilgarth Rich:3 titan
Merkelchen Rich: 1 titan
Heck Rich: 2 dreads
Kman Rich: (1 billion isk worth of ships or modules or other stuff)
Newbees: Nothing basically.

I can't really claim to be a newbie by Christmas, but some of these second-lowest wishes are really expensive.

There are only a handful of lists like this, so here's to hoping. I had hoped to budget around maybe 200-400 million for a Secret Santa gift.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 1, 2021

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Don't worry about it :haw:

Oh also: gently caress CCP

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Update From Brisc

quote:

Brisc Rubal posted on reddit

"Update:

It’s clear now that the above messaging is too vague and does not provide sufficient details or convey the intent of the policy changes. For this you have my apologies.

I would also like to apologize to the CSM who were not consulted before the above post was made. It’s fairly typical that the CSM are not consulted as a matter of course when it comes to customer support policies, but in this case it would have been beneficial to do so.

After this post was made, several CSM members were quick to raise their concerns about the impact on everyday gameplay activities that this policy change would have.

After listening to their feedback we have decided not to implement the policy update mentioned above. There will be no changes to how support are policing CONCORD interaction and that ‘pulling’ CONCORD or defensive spawning of CONCORD is currently permitted but we reserve the right to change this at a future date."

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Feliday Melody posted:

Joining Secret Santa, but I'm a bit nervous about people whose list basically looks like this:

Zungen Rich: 5 titans
Kilgarth Rich:3 titan
Merkelchen Rich: 1 titan
Heck Rich: 2 dreads
Kman Rich: (1 billion isk worth of ships or modules or other stuff)
Newbees: Nothing basically.

I can't really claim to be a newbie by Christmas, but some of these second-lowest wishes are really expensive.

There are only a handful of lists like this, so here's to hoping. I had hoped to budget around maybe 200-400 million for a Secret Santa gift.

Don't worry about those people with obscenely high priced items at lower tiers. They're being unrealistic, and honestly greedy with a list like that. Check their KB for losses and get them 1-2 doctrine ships in the doctrines they fly a lot, if they don't have a reasonable alternative choice instead.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mederlock posted:

Don't worry about those people with obscenely high priced items at lower tiers. They're being unrealistic, and honestly greedy with a list like that. Check their KB for losses and get them 1-2 doctrine ships in the doctrines they fly a lot, if they don't have a reasonable alternative choice instead.

Alright. I just don't want to deadbeat them with a bad gift.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Otacon posted:

Update From Brisc

lol

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Otacon posted:

Update From Brisc

Jesus, that was a 4 hour turnaround time on this really lovely policy change.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Otacon posted:

Update From Brisc

Brisc Rubal posted on reddit posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/r6ecek/gm_arcades_official_response_to_the_matter_of/hmt2gx7/

"Update:

It’s clear now that the above messaging is too vague and does not provide sufficient details or convey the intent of the policy changes. For this you have my apologies.

I would also like to apologize to the CSM who were not consulted before the above post was made. It’s fairly typical that the CSM are not consulted as a matter of course when it comes to customer support policies, but in this case it would have been beneficial to do so.

After this post was made, several CSM members were quick to raise their concerns about the impact on everyday gameplay activities that this policy change would have.

After listening to their feedback we have decided not to implement the policy update mentioned above. There will be no changes to how support are policing CONCORD interaction and that ‘pulling’ CONCORD or defensive spawning of CONCORD is currently permitted but we reserve the right to change this at a future date."

I can't wrap my head around how incompetent CCP are with their own loving game.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Feliday Melody posted:

Alright. I just don't want to deadbeat them with a bad gift.

All you - ideally - have to do is put some thought into it. You're not a deadbeat so long as you deliver by the deadline.

Hell, the deadbeated santees usually make out like bandits from people who redress the balance.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 1, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

BIG HEADLINE posted:

All you - ideally - have to do is put some thought into it. You're not a deadbeat so long as you deliver by the deadline.

Hell, the deadbeated santees usually make out like bandits from people who redress the balance.

That sounds great. Thanks.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Mr. Grinch posted:

"the next time you want to so much as change the loving font on the UI you should ask the CSM for permission first"

drat they should have listened to me

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Best Secret Santa gift I ever got was a doctrine ship left floating in a friendly POS that was passworded. We had to destroy the POS to get it out. And my santa had stronted it so we got to shoot it twice :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Feliday Melody posted:

That sounds great. Thanks.

No problem. Don't stress about it.

Anyone who views the Secret Santa program as a way to get paid is really missing the point.