Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

blaise rascal posted:

That's a very impressive thing to have made in such a short amount of time! Does the facebook multiplayer really work?
It's not like simultaneous multiplayer, it just sends someone the challenge and your time or completion levels are compared afterwards, but yes, it works, except Facebook hasn't approved it yet because they have a giant backlog so you have to grant Facebook permission at the page I linked before it will work at Facebook (and if you send someone a challenge, that challenge link goes to the Facebook-mounted app page that doesn't load until you've granted permission elsewhere, so it's a bit of a mess.)

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

And yeah, a 3d game sounds hard.
It's not so much that it's hard, you can even do in-browser 3D these days without it being too horrific, I just don't like 3D games. :colbert:

quote:

One thing I must say is that many aspects of geology and climate, like a hill, would force a cloud to rain, which maybe is a bit of a harsh experience what with the loss of control and all that.
I quite like that idea really - it's not so much the hill as that the higher you are the less capacity for water you have. It's particularly chill-leaning in that it means you don't even need a "release water" control, but rather you just are always equalizing. If you go into a colder or lower pressure area and are moister than that pressure/temperature supports, then you start raining. If you're in a warm high pressure humid area you slowly gain water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I'd love to help but I am still fumbling my way through learning stuff. Took an introductory CS course 5-6 years ago online and taking another one currently. It's really incredible how many high quality college courses are available for free online right now. The one I took several years back was through Stanford's Engineering Everywhere program where they literally recorded the classroom lectures and put up all of the resources and materials to follow along with the coursework. The one I'm currently doing is the same deal but through edx taking Harvard's CS50X course. Mehran Sahami at Stanford is a fantastic professor and I think David Malan at Harvard is excellent also, in case anyone is looking to dip a toe in and check these out.

Good morning Byob! :coffeepal:

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

alnilam

Pup E. Dogg

BoldFrankensteinMir

Mornin' BYOB. Thank goodness it's [office cliche not found]

City of Glompton

good morning everyone! it's a beautiful day today

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

punchymcpunch

Jolo posted:

It's really incredible how many high quality college courses are available for free online right now.

yeh its a great time to be an autrodidact imo

Jaded Burnout

City of Glompton posted:

good morning everyone! it's a beautiful day today

It surely is, though my day is mostly done and I'm ver ver tired.

I'm gonna go meet ma momma for tea and then snooze home.

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!

roomforthetuna posted:

It's not like simultaneous multiplayer, it just sends someone the challenge and your time or completion levels are compared afterwards, but yes, it works, except Facebook hasn't approved it yet because they have a giant backlog so you have to grant Facebook permission at the page I linked before it will work at Facebook (and if you send someone a challenge, that challenge link goes to the Facebook-mounted app page that doesn't load until you've granted permission elsewhere, so it's a bit of a mess.)

It's not so much that it's hard, you can even do in-browser 3D these days without it being too horrific, I just don't like 3D games. :colbert:

I quite like that idea really - it's not so much the hill as that the higher you are the less capacity for water you have. It's particularly chill-leaning in that it means you don't even need a "release water" control, but rather you just are always equalizing. If you go into a colder or lower pressure area and are moister than that pressure/temperature supports, then you start raining. If you're in a warm high pressure humid area you slowly gain water.

It would be cool if the game's 'HUD' looked like weather map isobars.
Also, maybe you could rain on things to erode them/flood them/dampen them and solve puzzles - redirect a river by washing away a bank, put out a fire, or float a log somewhere to make a bridge so the horse can go back home and see its horsey-mama, etc.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I got my new glasses in, and holy heck what a difference! I got old-school lined bi-focals that are set up for medium and close distance for close computer work on the top part and reading on the bottom lenses. Progressive non-lined glasses gave me horrible headaches, and the lenses had awful peripheral vision issues so I ditched 'em a few years ago and decided to give the old style a shot. The woman at the eyeglass place took my prescription and worked with the numbers on both lenses to make it work out better for close vision. Getting someone who listens to you and understands what it is you're looking for in glasses is so important.

Downside: I can see all the dirt I've not been seeing- I could stand to make that broom get off it's rear end a bit more...

The BYOB game project looks like a lot of fun, I have no real skills in programming or computer graphics but I'll play it!

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
Hello everybody, its summer time, which means good food, good friends, and good vibes.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Can the video game raincloud have a katana please? It doesn't have to ever draw the blade I just think it would look extra edgy and score some extra points with the video game people crowd

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

Hello everybody, its summer time, which means good food, good friends, and good vibes.

Hello friend. It's BYOB tho, so those things year round.

take the moon

by sebmojo
i cant find the donut thraed but basically ln i was like im getting some donuts for sure tomorrow morning and i did. i got a raspberry powder and a blueberry cheesecake. instead of donut holes they just had cream filling. i am donuted out rn

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

I Was The Fury posted:

Can the video game raincloud have a katana please? It doesn't have to ever draw the blade I just think it would look extra edgy and score some extra points with the video game people crowd

If you sit around and don't do anything for a long time the rain cloud gets impatient and an angry face appears, the rain cloud gets dark, and unsheathes and then throws a katana lightning bolt at the ground in frustration

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

spectres of autism posted:

i cant find the donut thraed but basically ln i was like im getting some donuts for sure tomorrow morning and i did. i got a raspberry powder and a blueberry cheesecake. instead of donut holes they just had cream filling. i am donuted out rn

sugar rush!

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!
Suggested villain name: Cumulodingus

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Hello friend. It's BYOB tho, so those things year round.

:hai:

It's not very sunny at the moment outside. It should be, it's June!!

----------------

MockingQuantum

counterpoint, cloudy days are cool and chill :yayclod:

nah sunny days are cool too, they just give me splitting headaches after a while

thank you luvcow for the sig

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
I feel melancholy on cloudy days, and i'm pretty chill right now. I want the sun. I want to be shiny and glistening.

----------------

FluffieDuckie

it's going to be 97 degrees here tomorrow so I'd take some of those clouds if you want to send them over

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
It seems we both must compromise; and be grateful we don't live on Venus.

----------------

FluffieDuckie

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

It seems we both must compromise; and be grateful we don't live on Venus.

i will say that to myself often and loudly as i sit as still as possible right in front of the ac vent tomorrow

MockingQuantum

it's always fascinating to me how differently people are wired when it comes to weather. my perfect weather is like 69 degrees (heyoooo) and cloudy, possibly some light rain. I can do up to 95 degrees as long as it's relatively cloudy though

but the moment there's direct sunlight, I don't do as well, even if it's like 50 degrees out. I think I have reverse-SAD because I'm most melancholy or depressed on days where it's like 80 degrees and bright and sunny

Scaly Haylie

hi byob, i'm having a big day today and i'm planning on getting really high. is this enough kief to spice a bowl with, and do you have any tips for packing a bowl to begin with? and collecting and spicing it with kief? or spicing a one-hitter with kief if that's even a thing? help

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I can help write the game too. i sometimes forget i used to write for a living lol

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Lizard Wizard posted:

hi byob, i'm having a big day today and i'm planning on getting really high. is this enough kief to spice a bowl with, and do you have any tips for packing a bowl to begin with? and collecting and spicing it with kief? or spicing a one-hitter with kief if that's even a thing? help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPl9eb4yXFY

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Lizard Wizard posted:

Such things must be learned in person, young lizard.

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

drilldo squirt posted:

Such things must be learned in person, young lizard.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Napped. Trip report: I dreamed that we got seven new cats and it was very good.

MockingQuantum

byob what should I do this weekend? I'm going to the zoo tomorrow so don't suggest that.

options include, but are not limited to:
-video gams
-writing a book
-making music
-building a blanket fort for my dog in her whelping pen
-maybe some adult stuff like cleaning or stuff I guess

Jaded Burnout

I am anxious about the wood planks drying in my house because apparently I racked it up wrong so it might all warp, and it was c expensive

want to get home to see my planks (and r@s)

Jaded Burnout

MockingQuantum posted:

byob what should I do this weekend? I'm going to the zoo tomorrow so don't suggest that.

options include, but are not limited to:
-video gams
-writing a book
-making music
-building a blanket fort for my dog in her whelping pen
-maybe some adult stuff like cleaning or stuff I guess

definitely the dog one

FluffieDuckie

Just lol if you’re not building a blanket fort with your dog every day

MockingQuantum

when she was a wee pup she would always sleep under things, like pillows on the couch or whatever, so we had to tie a blanket halfway down the sides of her kennel to get her to sleep in there, it was too big for her otherwise.

Im like 80% sure she's asleep in this pic:

I probably won't build the fort though cuz she's constantly warm when she's pregnant so I doubt she'd care for it much right now

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Make a song, do a dance.

Scaly Haylie

good news, i figured out how to smoke a bowl.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Lizard Wizard posted:

:peanut::yayclod::peanut:

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Lizard Wizard posted:

Here is a medal for smoking the weed.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i think the uk marxism thread in dnd should merge w/ byob. they're pretty chill and marxist, despite being uk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Nosfereefer posted:

i think the uk marxism thread in dnd should merge w/ byob. they're pretty chill and marxist, despite being uk

nah