Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
no one knew nothing huh?

Donald Trump's campaign paid $50,000 to the law office now representing Donald Trump Jr. a little more than a week before news surfaced of an unreported meeting with a Russian attorney that has prompted new accusations of collusion.

The payment to the Law Offices of Alan S. Futerfas, dated June 27, was disclosed in a filing with the Federal Election Commission on Saturday. It was described as covering "legal consulting" fees.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-son-idUSKBN1A00QZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
That s fake news a lot of people are saying it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

my new dog posted:

That s fake news a lot of people are saying it

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((deepdishpizza)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SlipkPIe posted:

His entire candidacy does revolve around terrorism and saying there will be more terrorism, so if it actually did happen again in the US I bet he would be too busy stroking his own dick to have time to muck up the right-wing media empire's spin on it

I particularly enjoy how his supporters say "SEE!??" whenever terrorism happens overseas, as though anyone at all was arguing that it wouldn't keep happening
I don't think it would do much to help or hurt him unless it was a really shocking, 9/11-type event. People are pretty inured to terrorism now.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/886588838902206464

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

all the polls were right lol.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I don't think it would do much to help or hurt him unless it was a really shocking, 9/11-type event. People are pretty inured to terrorism now.

His numbers jumped briefly after he bombed Syria and the media started praising him for the first time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he learned well from bill as he has in many aspects of his personal life.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DancingShade posted:

This but he has to change his name to Triple X and act in character for his entire presidential term.

Alternatively: Riddick.

Triple X is his codename, his real name is Xander Cage

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

no one knew nothing huh?

Donald Trump's campaign paid $50,000 to the law office now representing Donald Trump Jr. a little more than a week before news surfaced of an unreported meeting with a Russian attorney that has prompted new accusations of collusion.

The payment to the Law Offices of Alan S. Futerfas, dated June 27, was disclosed in a filing with the Federal Election Commission on Saturday. It was described as covering "legal consulting" fees.

This sounds extremely illegal if true

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

40% is almost 50%, which means almost half the country approves of Trump! :downs:

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Hey it's fake but still pretty good. Time for a :sadcoke:!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The polls are real, the news is fake

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

This sounds extremely illegal if true

The emperor will make it legal.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Lime Tonics posted:

no one knew nothing huh?

That may not be as indicative of culpability as you'd think. Jr. was being asked questions by NYT reporters about the meeting for likely weeks or months in advance of their stories, even memorably trying to get the jump on the story by releasing his emails before they could.

They probably knew that he needed legal consultation & retained counsel.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yes, these polls seem to match those polls from the election that show Hillary effortlessly beating the very unpopular Trump. It would all be very consistent except for one thing...

Lmao

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

quote:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4027315/trump-may-tape-leak/
Trump may tape leak
Why the hell didn't they run with this as the headline? Best double meaning I've seen in a while.

quote:

Donald Trump begs Theresa May to fix a ‘warm welcome’

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
nono,.. thats fake news, ive heard it from a lot of people.

America
Apr 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/ChrisLu44/status/885669938094067713

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Further opacity on the part of the Obama admin. Trump is keeping the corruption transparent

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Of course not. Obama was never targeted by any hostile news agencies who pointed out his every misstep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAvq12Sa3VE

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/886585237211426816

America
Apr 26, 2017

I ride bikes all day posted:

Of course not. Obama was never targeted by any hostile news agencies who pointed out his every misstep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAvq12Sa3VE

Fun fact: Sean Hannity's first radio show was saved from cancellation by the ACLU:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Hannity posted:

Hannity hosted his first talk radio show in 1989 at the volunteer college station at UC Santa Barbara, KCSB-FM, while working as a general contractor. The show aired for 40 hours of air time;[10] Regarding his first show, he said, "I wasn't good at it. I was terrible."[11] Hannity's weekly show on KCSB was canceled after less than a year. This was after two shows featuring the book The AIDS Coverup: The Real and Alarming Facts about AIDS by Gene Antonio; among other remarks made during the broadcast, Hannity told a lesbian caller, "I feel sorry for your child."[12] The station later reversed its decision to dismiss Hannity due in part to a campaign conducted by the Santa Barbara chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Les Os posted:

n the USA voting is meaningless and will continue to be so long as our politicians are not held accountable for promises made during a campaign and as long as their only focus continues to be making more money and getting re-elected (possibly banging kids). the major platform of both parties is by and large: "we will protect you from the other half of the government" which is a ridiculous way for any governing body to work and has lead to decades of stalled half-measure policy that at best helps no one and at worst is actively harmful to the country as a whole. meanwhile the third parties are considered havens for fringe lunatics and condescended to or ignored by the political mainstream and by extension the general public. even if the greens or the libertarians were somehow able to get 20+% of the vote their thought would not affect discourse in any meaningful way other than to provide ammunition to people saying "those who vote third party are actively sabotaging those in the center with similar goals and doing so is equivalent to throwing away your vote."

Donald Trump points to the Vote when he's seeking validation that he's doing a good job at being President despite the reality that he's doing a terrible job and the people who voted for him contain a large portion of Americans who were tricked into voting against their own interests and freely admit this. the Democrats use the exact same tactics when they point to Clinton winning the popular vote in order to rally their base, raise funds and garner more votes (again, despite the fact that they too are subservient to the military industrial complex and vote for more wars and prisons and benefits for corporations all while appropriating popular progressive movements). even though you're voting against Trump in voting for Zuckerberg or against Clinton in voting for Trump they take it as an endorsement of themselves as people, their party and all their weird philosophies. congressional approval is at 20% though all of those people were voted in at some point, because although when you vote for your congressperson or senator it feels like you're voting for a person really you're voting for the Party and because at this point in time the two parties are basically indistinguishable (one slightly more malicious but equally incompetent), voting for the Party is voting for all of the government's actions, the majority of which are bad

in addition, rock the vote is very bad

please, do not vote except locally :orb:

"We need to stop the bad people from constantly getting re-elected. Clearly the solutions is, no one vote at all - except for the idiot bases who will vote for the bad people who keep getting re-elected."

LOL

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

America posted:

Fun fact: Sean Hannity's first radio show was saved from cancellation by the ACLU:

:discourse:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Vote from the rooftops

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

:patriot:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Cthulu Carl posted:

"We need to stop the bad people from constantly getting re-elected. Clearly the solutions is, no one vote at all - except for the idiot bases who will vote for the bad people who keep getting re-elected."

LOL

What, do you think that the way to change national politics would be to actually actively participate in national elections and primaries???

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Blue Train posted:

Vote from the rooftops

"your honor president trump DID say as a 2nd amendment person I could do something about all this"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is what someone else not me says

jesus gently caress don't you secret service fuckers have better poo poo to do

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burt Sexual posted:

Wtf is the election integrity commission?

It's the poo poo he made up to investigate all the millions of fake votes that lost him the popular vote.

Because that's more important than securing ourselves against outside interference.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cubone posted:

pages 35-43 are just one giant list of child sex crimes committed by republican politicians

also jfc

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

did he forget you can't put spaces in hashtags

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

#imwithher

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

also lmao, if you use the magic selection wand on trumps face it selects the orange parts perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost