Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Yoko Taro is overrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Verranicus posted:

Yoko Taro is overrated.

Glad you're keepin up your posting gimmick of the dumbest opinions.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Keep being you, Verranicus.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Verranicus posted:

Yoko Taro is overrated.

but there's rape in drakengard?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i'm just saying, it seems up your alley given your declared tastes

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Glad you're keepin up your posting gimmick of the dumbest opinions.

Be honest, do you really think any game he's made besides Nier has been anything besides an unmitigated shitpile of trash? Like yeah, the stories are usually crazy as hell and that's real cool and all but Drakengard 1 and 3 are beyond bad in all other areas. And even Nier, which I like quite a bit, has probably a dozen utterly questionable design decisions. I very much hope that Platinum has quarantined him well away from any actual game designers.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i'm curious but what's the best way to bait the meteor near the end of ex sophia before she starts repeating her phases

slev
Apr 6, 2009

General Morden posted:

i'm curious but what's the best way to bait the meteor near the end of ex sophia before she starts repeating her phases

After she uses thunder 2 just run to the side opposite the safe area until she drops them?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

slev posted:

After she uses thunder 2 just run to the side opposite the safe area until she drops them?

Hell in my experience you have enough time to bait the meteors into the safe zone, run out and back in and take zero damage

There's no POINT to doing it this way, but it's more lenient than it looks

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

Be honest, do you really think any game he's made besides Nier has been anything besides an unmitigated shitpile of trash? Like yeah, the stories are usually crazy as hell and that's real cool and all but Drakengard 1 and 3 are beyond bad in all other areas. And even Nier, which I like quite a bit, has probably a dozen utterly questionable design decisions. I very much hope that Platinum has quarantined him well away from any actual game designers.

Part of this is probably due to the shoestring budgets he usually has to operate with; no sensible CEO would ever give him an adequate amount of cash for projects like his.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Ciaphas posted:

Hell in my experience you have enough time to bait the meteors into the safe zone, run out and back in and take zero damage

There's no POINT to doing it this way, but it's more lenient than it looks

Yeah there's quite a lot of time to move around.

One thing that probably needs to be mentione re: SophieEX is that burning your Sprint so you don't die is less dps loss than getting raised and dealing with sickness, but I rarely see people remember to do it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Failboattootoot posted:

The discussion was people jokingly going "Yo man let Taro Yoko write a class questline in 4.0". I don't think anyone was talking about letting him take over or letting the shoestring budget team that Cavia is do mechanics. Calm down.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Failboattootoot posted:

but letting him design a questline would largely be writing, so...?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Obligatum VII posted:

but letting him design a questline would largely be writing, so...?

Or, you know, don't

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Sorry not sorry.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

is there a good idiot's guide to crafting in HW? especially if it's 3.4 relevant. i'm coming back to the game after a while so I dunno what to do other than the good old 'get every craft to 50' routine.

i care a lot about crafting gear for my ast, so is it reasonable to specialize crp/wvr/gsm and gear myself? or is this a giant waste of time since i haven't even started hw crafting?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Getting good enough gear to craft 4* is quite easy now IMO, if you're in a goon FC. Get the materials, bother goon friends to craft you an ironworks set, do some melding, done. I only have 3 crafting classes at 60, but all 3 of them can do 4*.

Getting crafters from 50 to 60 can be either cheap or quick though. Spamming leves can get expensive quickly on some classes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Sorry not sorry.

shame upon your words and deeds

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

is there a good idiot's guide to crafting in HW? especially if it's 3.4 relevant. i'm coming back to the game after a while so I dunno what to do other than the good old 'get every craft to 50' routine.

i care a lot about crafting gear for my ast, so is it reasonable to specialize crp/wvr/gsm and gear myself? or is this a giant waste of time since i haven't even started hw crafting?

Don't worry about specializing until you're ready to do 4* crafts, since that's the only thing you need them for. And which ones you pick doesn't matter much in the long run. CRP/GSM/WVR are all you need for the final products, but you'll need intermediate materials from literally every other class. No matter what you pick, you'll have to rely on someone else for at least part of it. Personally, I'd suggest going ALC/CUL and one of your choice.

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Sorry not sorry.

It's me, I'm the JoJo

Ygmir fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 29, 2016

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I have reworked the punchline that you may better inflict it upon your friends.

A: A monk, but the important point is that it's an AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA

Ygmir posted:

It's me, I'm the JoJo

So is it, or not!?

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I have reworked the punchline that you may better inflict it upon your friends.

A: A monk, but the important point is that it's an AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA AU RA

So is it, or not!?

Yeah, it's a Monk.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Late Night Robot Fights is looking for people! We're forming a late night static (schedule tentative, but it'd be on or after 8PM PST weekdays/maybe more flexible weekends) looking to punch some robots with the end goal of clearing A12S before Stormblood comes out. Send Ad Astra a message on Discord if you're interested; I think we need all roles, but non-DPS are preferred.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
What's the latest news on the squad mechanics? I remember someone saying there was new info coming to light soon-ish.
Do we know where/how we get new chemistries yet? Do you only get them from missions or from training, too?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I like how salty people are about the new mount being locked behind rated PVP.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
What is the mount?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

HenryEx posted:

What's the latest news on the squad mechanics? I remember someone saying there was new info coming to light soon-ish.
Do we know where/how we get new chemistries yet? Do you only get them from missions or from training, too?

Considering theres no full squad report that includes the chemistry column to show off new ones from training results, probably an incredibly safe bet to say they only get picked up on mission deployments

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

:rip: Primal again

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Truga posted:

Getting good enough gear to craft 4* is quite easy now IMO, if you're in a goon FC. Get the materials, bother goon friends to craft you an ironworks set, do some melding, done. I only have 3 crafting classes at 60, but all 3 of them can do 4*.

Getting crafters from 50 to 60 can be either cheap or quick though. Spamming leves can get expensive quickly on some classes.

I'm not, I transferred off a while ago to play with irl friends. I guess I'll pray that they can do it or I'll have to suck it up and start the journey of being able to do everything myself. :rip:

Fister Roboto posted:

Don't worry about specializing until you're ready to do 4* crafts, since that's the only thing you need them for. And which ones you pick doesn't matter much in the long run. CRP/GSM/WVR are all you need for the final products, but you'll need intermediate materials from literally every other class. No matter what you pick, you'll have to rely on someone else for at least part of it. Personally, I'd suggest going ALC/CUL and one of your choice.

So pretty much level every craft to 60 unless I have friends to fill in the gaps for me?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mordiceius posted:

What is the mount?

http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001671.html

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

At least it's not the new chair gated behind pvp. Have they said how we're getting that one?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Boogalo posted:

:rip: Primal again

I was about ready to assume it was just me. :rip:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Are feast rewards based on ranking or participation?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So what are those VPN services for this game again? It's been fine up until the last two or three days, and now I have constant "connection to the server was lost" 90002 errors on logging in. :ughh: I'm on comcast, which is poo poo, so I may as well give those a try...

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

This one is rank.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Asimo posted:

So what are those VPN services for this game again? It's been fine up until the last two or three days, and now I have constant "connection to the server was lost" 90002 errors on logging in. :ughh: I'm on comcast, which is poo poo, so I may as well give those a try...

I'm currently trying to decide between Mudfish and WTFast, and i can't even get back on with either. I'm not sure i understand mudfish as well as i would like (I only downloaded it a few days ago tho), but while WTFast seemed to work really well, they seem like a shithole of a company so i'm kind of torn.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

Participation earns you a jewelry piece based on your tier.

Ranking earns you the season reward. S1 and S2 were armor. S3 will be a mount.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Good thing the mount looks dumb and not interesting. :D

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mudfish is the best based solely on that it costs a fraction of any of the others. I think I paid $10 like eight months ago and I still have enough left for another year or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Important Hat News.

https://twitter.com/Mcstronghuge/status/792211945726152705

• Locked thread