Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
they could go back to school after this I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheHan posted:

they could go back to school after this I guess.

My Hero Remedial Courses.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

hiddenriverninja posted:

incestuous half brother for sure
The series went downhill with food hitler but bottomed out at the half brother who unwittingly wanted to court his half sister and had magic superpower copying

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Crosspeice posted:

I still like that in My Hero Academia we didn't actually finish a full school year.

I feel like a lot of problems people have with the series could've been solved with several timeskips throughout the 3 years of the academy and letting people infer/reference to growth during the timeskips.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SKULL.GIF posted:

I feel like a lot of problems people have with the series could've been solved with several timeskips throughout the 3 years of the academy and letting people infer/reference to growth during the timeskips.

Agreed I wanted to get to Year 2.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Shoulda gone the Harry Potter route: first day of school --> Christmas break --> kill a Nazi. Nothing important happens the other 10 months.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

That requires a lot of planning and structure for a series that you can’t necessarily guarantee makes it to 50 chapters and is written week to week.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/1511/my-hero-academia-chapter-350

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This guy needs therapy.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

This guy needs therapy.

Cryotherapy.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Didn't expect Elden Ring...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So those other "spares" we saw in that flashback all probably became nomu, right?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Not gonna lie, the cutesy daycare sequence gave me a really deep sense of discomfort. Bravo to Hori for that one.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
That also looks like like the same daycare overhaul was in before The Yakuza boss found him.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It was actually really clever to go "Oh god is this another All for One planned it all along moment?" and then reveal actually no, Dabi managed to fail at being spare parts, there's something wrong with him. Icon.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

In the panel where Dabi is melting the statue I legit thought that was his own hand being burnt off. He looks loving awful now.

Also yeah the daycare scene was very creepy.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Nephthys posted:

In the panel where Dabi is melting the statue I legit thought that was his own hand being burnt off. He looks loving awful now.

Also yeah the daycare scene was very creepy.

Yeah, it's probably just the scan quality but that panel was really hard to read. The colorized version seems clearer, so hopefully it will look good in the official release. Well, a good kind of loving awful, anyway.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Another year would have been nice, but given that society breaking down at a fundamental level is a major plot point, they were never going to go through all three.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

The final battle finally comes to an end.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love Vigilantes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vigilantes: I was right that the fight was over and the only thing left was denouement, but I gotta admit, after offhandedly coming up with that moment of Koichi telling Number Six he could be a hero when I read the last chapter I'm a little disappointed that didn't actually happen, lmao

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Anyway...hospital time? is great

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Yeah vigilantes (very long last fight notwithstanding) is much better than MHA for me

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

Anyway...hospital time? is great

Yeah, I love it. In the end, all of Number 6's grand speeches about heroism and leaving proof of his existence flew right over his head. Koichi was more concerned with getting them both to a hospital than anything else.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Alright, that was a pretty nice ending.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Both chapters were pretty good.

For Vigilantes: I was very much ready for them to be all dead. So I'm ok with this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Related to both new chapters, I guess the reason that AFO is so hands off with Dabi is that he's reminded of how Six was and figures it's too much of a waste to go through that process again.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Related to both new chapters, I guess the reason that AFO is so hands off with Dabi is that he's reminded of how Six was and figures it's too much of a waste to go through that process again.

In the main series I got the impression That AFO assumed (correctly) that Dabi is totally useless as a body for All for One and quirk stock so why bother? He's gonna be dead in like two weeks tops. Except Dabi somehow kept going and showed back up one day and AFO was like "oh ok"

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Both comic bad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TheHan posted:

In the main series I got the impression That AFO assumed (correctly) that Dabi is totally useless as a body for All for One and quirk stock so why bother? He's gonna be dead in like two weeks tops. Except Dabi somehow kept going and showed back up one day and AFO was like "oh ok"

Local rear end in a top hat literally too much of a jerk to die

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Lord of the Frenzied Flame has arrived

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1012933
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-350/chapter/24242?action=read

Ages ago I floated a halfhearted theory that Dabi was a Nomu and that's why the Doctor made him the High End wrangler. Close enough I guess.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
wtf

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 10, 2022

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Siegkrow posted:

Lord of the Frenzied Flame has arrived

hahaha i thought that immediately. He so would.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You appear to be in the wrong thread, friend

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

You appear to be in the wrong thread, friend

I'm sorry but you'll find that the plot of MHA is actually "Deku took a bite of Human Human Hair: Model All-Might."

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I might rag on the writing a lot but no one can deny that Horikoshi can do insane splash pages on par with the best in the business.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I assume Dabi’s hair is flame retardant at this point

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Dabi's quirk singularity is fireproof hair,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
come to think of it, a quirk that accelerates hair growth a la Love Love Deluxe would probably be in high demand given how often it's used in hero costumes