Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Unknownone posted:

New burg place opened last week, went tonight to deliver you goons a taste of this:

It was pretty good.

Nice.

Are the fries in a tin cam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah really confused why there's a tin can next to your burg

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Yeah really confused why there's a tin can next to your burg

Tin cans are gonna replace mason jars as the thing you get pissed about when you see someone drinking from one.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Coming up this weekend, a full day of punk, metal and burgs:

The burger eating contest is always a highlight of the summer. I've heard that last year's champ is looking to defend the title.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
That is like the exact opposite of our Burger Fest, instead of a bunch of bands and one place providing the burgers we have one band and burgers from 16 different vendors. Of course tickets are 65$ instead of 10, but for all you can eat burgers and brew it is worth the cost.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Fenris13 posted:

That is like the exact opposite of our Burger Fest, instead of a bunch of bands and one place providing the burgers we have one band and burgers from 16 different vendors. Of course tickets are 65$ instead of 10, but for all you can eat burgers and brew it is worth the cost.

I hope they're a good band. The nice thing about having a lot of groups playing is that you only have to listen to the lovely ones for like 30 minutes max.

Taco Fest this past May was pretty funny, because a lot of people showed up expecting a taco-centric, family-friendly event with lots of vendors like the one you described. Instead, they got legions of drunk metalheads banging their heads to Satan's Cape.

It would be cool if there were multiple burger vendors, but Cannibal Cafe is good stuff, so I can't complain.

My buddy recently took down The Beast while training for the contest:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Juaguocio posted:

I hope they're a good band. The nice thing about having a lot of groups playing is that you only have to listen to the lovely ones for like 30 minutes max.

Taco Fest this past May was pretty funny, because a lot of people showed up expecting a taco-centric, family-friendly event with lots of vendors like the one you described. Instead, they got legions of drunk metalheads banging their heads to Satan's Cape.

It would be cool if there were multiple burger vendors, but Cannibal Cafe is good stuff, so I can't complain.

Mother of God

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Not a fan of cartoonishly large burgers but I am gonna give that one a pass due to every part of it being of exceptional quality.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
These are some of the stupidest loving buregers I have seen in my life

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

These are some of the stupidest loving buregers I have seen in my life

Put up or shut up.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I had a Culver's double deluxe for lunch today. Nice honest burg for a big chain, their fries are pretty lame but the onion rings and rootbeer are good and I appreciate that.

Juaguocio posted:

I would eat the poo poo out of that burg w/ a single patty and then want another one. Incredible looking sear for a burg that doesn't appear smashed.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Fenris13 posted:

all you can eat burgers and brew

:eyepop:

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

That's a pretty looking comic burg.

I can see why they get hate - you either have to eat yourself into a coma, or share it and not get enough bun/condiments.

Sensible burg sizes are the way forward

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Juaguocio posted:

I would die eating that. But I would die happy and it would be worth it.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I had a Culver's double deluxe for lunch today. Nice honest burg for a big chain, their fries are pretty lame but the onion rings and rootbeer are good and I appreciate that.

that's why you get the cheese curds, broseph. But any burger that's called a "butterburger" because they literally just dip the burger, the bun, and probably the grill itself in melted butter is allowed here.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'd eat a 5 stacker and ask for seconds. :colbert:

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
It's one of those "eat the whole thing and get a T-shirt" deals, so of course it's way over the top.

I'm actually really hyped for the contest now. A real live competitive eater showed up last year, but he got disqualified for trying to jam all the remaining burger bits in his mouth at the buzzer.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

That would be like airborne pepper spray if I cooked that indoors in a cast iron!

Hmm, yeah probably. I cooked it outside over charcoal.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wasn't able to eat all day. Came home hit the bong and went to work. Here's the results

Ciabatta bun, guacamole, red onion, peppered bacon (sorry guy who hates bacon hanging out of the bun), tomato, habanero pepper jack, salt and peppered fresh ground chuck seemed to be about 85/15.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

is that fish soda?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's beer with a salmon logo picture on the cans. Sockeye brewery.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd try a fish soda once.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

same

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Norns posted:

Wasn't able to eat all day. Came home hit the bong and went to work. Here's the results

Ciabatta bun, guacamole, red onion, peppered bacon (sorry guy who hates bacon hanging out of the bun), tomato, habanero pepper jack, salt and peppered fresh ground chuck seemed to be about 85/15.

You never disappoint

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

Jesus christ get in my loving body

e: you're married or something right? Or have someone living with you? There's just no way I could see anyone eating both of those in one shot. Unless you're like, a 440 pound behemoth on loan from the San Diego Zoo.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 16, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah, married.

They are half lb burgs too. So yeah, no way I'd be able to eat both at once.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

Yeah, married.

They are half lb burgs too. So yeah, no way I'd be able to eat both at once.

Ahh, I figured. I just couldn't imagine anyone eating both of those, especially with heavy rear end ciabatta buns. I would struggle getting through one of them, but they look so drat good I'd give it my best shot.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
"EAT THAT BURGER YOU loving PUSSY!"

It wasn't much of a contest. They had to take down the burg I posted earlier, but dude with the Big Gulp won easily. The horror... the horror...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Norns posted:

That bacon is NSFW

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Did another "Wagyu" burg, slow smoked over the 'cue with mature cheddar, Ibarra chillis and pickles.

Excuse the crappy bun, but the burg patty was very very good. It went a deep red on the outside due to the smoke.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Grillburger

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Jamsta posted:

Did another "Wagyu" burg, slow smoked over the 'cue with mature cheddar, Ibarra chillis and pickles.

Excuse the crappy bun, but the burg patty was very very good. It went a deep red on the outside due to the smoke.

That looks fuckin aces.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've got some bacon curing in the fridge. Once it's ready, gonna make my favorite burg:

Ground chuck smashburg
Bacon
Stilton blue cheese
caramelized onion
homemade secret sauce (thousand island, more or less, but with a kick)
homegrown tomato
iceberg or maybe romaine lettuce

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Mmmm, bacon

Lately I've been getting a baby romaine and slicing it into strips for burgers, and pretty much any other lettuce need such as tacos or burritos. It's really easy to handle and it provides a nice crisp.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a bit dumb of me but i realised that the reason my burgers have been so messy to eat is that i'm not resting them. at least i assume it is

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Bloody wrong thread. Or correct thread, actually. Gonna get me a burg.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hob_Gadling posted:

Bloody wrong thread. Or correct thread, actually. Gonna get me a burg.

Cheers

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Jose posted:

its a bit dumb of me but i realised that the reason my burgers have been so messy to eat is that i'm not resting them. at least i assume it is

No time for that poo poo. Get that burg in your mouth as soon as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I've got some bacon curing in the fridge. Once it's ready, gonna make my favorite burg:

Ground chuck smashburg
Bacon
Stilton blue cheese
caramelized onion
homemade secret sauce (thousand island, more or less, but with a kick)
homegrown tomato

Swap out your secret sauce for pureed chipotles (thinned out with a little apple cider vinegar) and you have my ultimate burger.

• Locked thread