Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

im beginning to think Gurms notes to D&D were just stick figure drawings with indecipherable scribbles around then and editors notes saying "No" and "This is stupid"

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

To be honest never have I been more excited to see a young boy choke, and god writing that line makes me feel awful

MysteryGuest
Mar 7, 2006
Jorah dies next episode.
http://imgur.com/WZnZ00u
also this episode was the worst

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
The scene with Tommen and the High Sparrow was shocking because I thought we gave up on this developing the characters stuff a couple seasons ago.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MysteryGuest posted:

Jorah dies next episode.
http://imgur.com/WZnZ00u
also this episode was the worst

what is this supposed to be this show has the worst loving lighting

HarveyxCosmonaut
Jan 27, 2009
So Tommen, Dany, Jon, Doran, ect. all have trouble keeping their people in line but Ramsay gets the Umbers to betray the Starks after the Boltons betrayed every House in the North? I mean half the dialog of this episode was them rationalizing characters irrational behavior with that whole Smalljon I'd totally would have killed my dad too remark.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

zVxTeflon posted:

Looks like they're going on a rescue mission for Kelly C.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

None of them poo poo/pissed themselves immersion ruined

MysteryGuest
Mar 7, 2006

quote:

That's definitely Jorah getting smacked with a killing blow, then Darrio swoops in to avenge him. I don't think D&D are getting that no one likes Darrio. But they have their bullet points to hit!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

zVxTeflon posted:

they did but it was instantly frozen much like their faces

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

MysteryGuest posted:

That's definitely Jorah getting smacked with a killing blow, then Darrio swoops in to avenge him. I don't think D&D are getting that no one likes Darrio. But they have their bullet points to hit!

Doesn't that sort of defeat the entire point of Jorah's thematic greyscale?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I'd like to believe that GOT wouldn't set up Jorah with a Chekhov's Greyscale and then just randomly kill him off in episode 4. But who knows at this point.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

MysteryGuest posted:

First Daario was so much better, that one actually looked like a bastard.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

who writes this crap

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I can't believe how poo poo the tower of joy scene was, the lines were great, I think they were as written, but those actors looked like a bunch of community theater actors. Just loving zero gravitas and then the fight was awkward bad. Waste of the remaining good material.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

zVxTeflon posted:

Speaking of, did anyone else catch Pycelle farting when he turned around and saw Clegane there as he was badmouthing him?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Goofballs posted:

I can't believe how poo poo the tower of joy scene was, the lines were great, I think they were as written, but those actors looked like a bunch of community theater actors. Just loving zero gravitas and then the fight was awkward bad. Waste of the remaining good material.

They basically wanted "actors that looked like a young sean bean" so with that small of wiggle room you're not going to get many good actors.

And Arthur Dayne was recruited as "best swordsman you could find" not "best actor" thus the bad accent

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

MysteryGuest posted:

Killed by a punch? There's no weapon visible.

MysteryGuest
Mar 7, 2006

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Doesn't that sort of defeat the entire point of Jorah's thematic greyscale?

You're definitely right, but I am not sure how else to see that capture from the preview. That posture is person_has_been_killed_on_GoT_02.img.

Person_has_been_killed_on_GoT_01_img is where it's a shot of them with something coming through their face from behind.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Thomase posted:

Like why bother letting Sansa escape to just replace her with Rickon two episodes later?

Rickon is there so that there's a reason for Jon to attack Winterfell/Ramsay. It's for the show's version of the Pink Letter

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The wolf's head looks too small to be a direwolf so it could be a ruse but this is season 6 so it 's proably just a mistake.

Please don't make Karstark's paedophilia explicit. "Too old."

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

(does he act any different now after resurrecting? And what was the reason given for hanging him?)

He hangs a little boy and renounces his cloak, handing Castle Black over to Ed, so yes, his personality has definitely changed a little.

No particular reason was giving for hanging them, but I would assume "treason" or "murder". It doesn't really matter what the charges are or whether they make sense, because an undead guy some of them think is a god ordered it and the combination of Jon loyalists and wildlings beat Thorn's men anyway.

Linguica posted:

I'd like to believe that GOT wouldn't set up Jorah with a Chekhov's Greyscale and then just randomly kill him off in episode 4. But who knows at this point.

Do you expect them to show him slowly dying of leprosy over the next ten years or something? It's a device to make him more desperate and fatalistic, not an important plot point.

Baku fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 9, 2016

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

The wolf's head looks too small to be a direwolf so it could be a ruse but this is season 6 so it 's proably just a mistake.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Zombies' Downfall posted:

He hangs a little boy and renounces his cloak, handing Castle Black over to Ed, so yes, his personality has definitely changed a little.

No particular reason was giving for hanging them, but I would assume "treason" or "murder". It doesn't really matter what the charges are or whether they make sense, because an undead guy some of them think is a god ordered it and the combination of Jon loyalists and wildlings beat Thorn's men anyway.

Plus we got the "My Watch Has Ended" line that we all expected since he died, I mean after being betrayed I think most people would be just in wanting to leave, he's just leaving with a giant living siege machine and a large wildling army.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Reading this thread ruins my immersion. To be fair, I agree that D&D are running this poo poo into the ground. It's just... i wish I could enjoy these plot threads with Gurm's writing. Pages of talking about food and bodily excretions and stream of consciousness style POV narratives. This show is garbage. Everything about TV Westeros is garbage. Tower of Joy was great to actually see, but now everyone here who read the theories are all just waiting for what's at this point an obvious reveal. Felt like there was no tension in that scene. Arthur Dayne got merced by Howland Reed. We get to see a little of the Weird Time Bullshit that happens with Bran's rootpowers, which makes me happy. But the show and the plot lack gravitas. They don't know how to write. Like, is Manse Raider the kind of person who'd make a dick joke to someone the moment they resurrect?

Whatever. What. The. gently caress. Ever.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know I enjoyed the episode since I don't expect book purity and know I'm just on Mr. D&D's Wild Ride, only I never want to get off.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Away all Goats posted:

Speaking of, did anyone else catch Pycelle farting when he turned around and saw Clegane there as he was badmouthing him?

I farted myself so I missed it.

MysteryGuest
Mar 7, 2006

Goofballs posted:

I can't over-stress how much I agree with this. I wanted that scene to be poignant and it was so lame. Neddard Stark beat two swords man, done. No one gafs a gently caress.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lupus Rufus posted:

Like, is Manse Raider the kind of person who'd make a dick joke to someone the moment they resurrect?

No, but Tormund is.

Or is this a "Mance isn't really dead" post?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Constantly making dick jokes is the single biggest part of Tormund's character.

Edit: the second biggest.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Who cares. We don't get what we want. We get what we need, which is some closure to this story and I'm at peace with that even if the show has flaws. I'll take anything after being invested in the story for 10+ years.

Also there's three direwolves left right? Wonder if that's any connection to the three dragons.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lycus posted:

Constantly making dick jokes is the single biggest part of Tormund's character.

At least it explains why in every Jon naked scene we never see the goods.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Linguica posted:

Qyburn referring to Robert Strong as "Ser Gregor" BWUUHHHHHH??? DID ANYONE KNOW THIS???

To be fair, I'm kinda glad they dropped the whole "Who could this huge aggressive guy that resembles a huge aggresive guy we hadn't seen for a while be?" antic from the book, because it was loving dumb.

The show is just embracing Cleganebowl and if this doesn't get you hyped you'll get your head caved in against the peeing wall.

The rest of the episode, barring the weekly haxgod Ramsay segment, was a lot of "meh". It was not bad, it was not good.

Two episodes in a row without Sand Snakes can be counted as a win, though next episode is Iron Island Plot, so preemptively setting my expectations very low.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

To be fair, I'm kinda glad they dropped the whole "Who could this huge aggressive guy that resembles a huge aggresive guy we hadn't seen for a while be?" antic from the book, because it was loving dumb.

The show is just embracing Cleganebowl and if this doesn't get you hyped you'll get your head caved in against the peeing wall.

The rest of the episode, barring the weekly haxgod Ramsay segment, was a lot of "meh". It was not bad, it was not good.

Two episodes in a row without Sand Snakes can be counted as a win, though next episode is Iron Island Plot, so preemptively setting my expectations very low.

I can't want for Bernie Sanders Pope Francis The High Sparrow to drag out Sandor for the fight and we get Cleganebowl. And with Tommen on board for the sept trial, we all know this is so happening.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007

Adun posted:

Who cares. We don't get what we want. We get what we need, which is some closure to this story and I'm at peace with that even if the show has flaws. I'll take anything after being invested in the story for 10+ years.

I guess so. If you just wanna see what (I guess?) is gonna happen. It's still pretty bad though.

lezard_valeth posted:

Well if it was revealed in the books that he's literally a Frankenstein's monster I'm sure there would be consequences.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like if they actually did cast Ian McShane just to play the septon of the Quiet Isle or whatever Cleganebowl is a more likely thing than not, given the foreshadowing of a trial by combat tonight

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

I don't think there's any doubt in the books either. The only character who ruminates on Robert Strong is Kevan, and he certainly isn't fooled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The people in charge in KL might know the truth and everyone else gets the lie.

Ramsay will probably want to make sure the Stark line can't continue.

• Locked thread