Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeninsTomb
Aug 27, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

Where the gently caress is Dream?

I'm hoping TUE keep outnumbering Black and Dream makes the save

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

No Dusty Classic this year, interesting

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SunshineDanceParty posted:

You know what I'm going to take a break from WWE. Not in some oh my god it's so bad sense, just a I should take a six month break and I'll enjoy it more when I come back sense.

Honestly 6 months is perfect. Mania's at the very least going to be another long pointless affair (potentially another one that drives fans mad) and that'll be within your break

We'll still be here when you return, for better or for worse. Hopefully you'll find something worth the wait when you do. Good luck with everything <3

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
re: dream: tbh, it's not that uncommon for upper card talent to miss a single taping due to random life events, wouldn't worry too much about it. hopefully we see a new feud for him soon though

I'm guessing he might get pushed to the undercard taping on the next TakeOver, just because of how much they gotta cram into a two (and a half) hour show.

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 30, 2017

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I canceled my Network subscription after Survivor Series and I probably won't be back until the Rumble. WWE has just gotten so stale and boring even for their standards. It just gets so hard to watch people you like have the same boring match every week and hear people talk like they have had a stroke.

I have NJPW World which gives me New Japan, CMLL and the big RoH shows. I'll probably sign up for the RoH service next year too. That will be more than enough good wrestling for me.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

re: dream: tbh, it's not that uncommon for upper card talent to miss a single taping due to random life events, wouldn't worry too much about it. hopefully we see a new feud for him soon though

I'm guessing he might get pushed to the undercard taping on the next TakeOver, just because of how much they gotta cram into a two (and a half) hour show.
There are also the taped segments that the live crowd won’t see. Dream could be showing up on those. I hope to god he’s not getting called up.

If they do actually have Dream show run wild on TUE it might actually be the best thing NXT has ever done. And honestly, having TUE go up against them would really do wonders for that group’s heel heat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LeninsTomb posted:

Reading the spoilers, this is what I assumed as well.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

LeninsTomb posted:

I would mark pretty hard.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

NXT Paul
(Yes?)
Bring us the Dream
Pair him with satanist
To form a face team

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I just hope that if it happens it happens before a different crowd. I don’t even trust Full Sail to mark out properly anymore, and that would be a moment for posterity.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

I just hope that if it happens it happens before a different crowd. I don’t even trust Full Sail to mark out properly anymore, and that would be a moment for posterity.

I guess they're taping in Atlanta for a while now so maybe they're setting up a tag title match announcement for takeover at those tapings?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Djarum posted:

I canceled my Network subscription after Survivor Series and I probably won't be back until the Rumble. WWE has just gotten so stale and boring even for their standards. It just gets so hard to watch people you like have the same boring match every week and hear people talk like they have had a stroke.

I have NJPW World which gives me New Japan, CMLL and the big RoH shows. I'll probably sign up for the RoH service next year too. That will be more than enough good wrestling for me.

There's plenty more CMLL streaming live on youtube too!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Djarum posted:

I was going to cancel mine as well but they offered me one free month so I'll keep it till then and cancel again.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I canceled mine and got a free month to see a very good takeover and a very eh survivor series, but i won't be reupping anytime soon

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I got six months free. I didn't calculate it but I think the idea was the first paid month would include Wrestlemania. Seems to pad the paid subs number for Wrestlemania since it's some sort of key metric.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So Velveteen Dream was taken out of this and Gargano was subbed in:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/936610986450092033

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So either they just wildly changed everything with a Twitter post, or they posted the wrong video.

(If Gargano/Ohno is changed to Dream/Ohno, Gargano won the fatal 4 way so that has to change now too.)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that's... huh :psyduck:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I have this fear that Vince wants Dream called up because he thinks the gimmick is funny

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Video is still up so have to figure it wasn't a mistake.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Given that the video wasn’t re-taped we can only conclude that Dream being taken out is part of a storyline. I mean we can conclude that WWE is run by insane people, but still

If he ends up jumped by TUE in a segment, then it’s time to freak out

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

"who attacked Velveteen Dream in the parking lot???" gonna be the hottest unresolved angle of 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah I would figure this just leads to Velveteen getting taken out backstage, which explains why he wasn't at the tapings!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

Given that the video wasn’t re-taped we can only conclude that Dream being taken out is part of a storyline. I mean we can conclude that WWE is run by insane people, but still

anyone else keep parsing this as therapeutic use exemption or just me?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're probably supposed to.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Oh right yeah, I didn't think of that option.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I have heard the rumour that Gargano will ultimately end up in the Royal Rumble.

Dunno how things go from A to B to C. And who is fully in the loop on the plans so things got confusing for me to figure out when asking around.

Also there are people who have told me Gargano will still be in the Takeover title match.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gargano ending his losing streak and getting this contendership, but still losing to Almas (due to manager shenanigans), and then debuting in the Rumble seems like a solid storyline

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

Gargano ending his losing streak and getting this contendership, but still losing to Almas (due to manager shenanigans), and then debuting in the Rumble seems like a solid storyline

Supposedly there's a lot of grumbling about all that if it is the case.

But it is Pro Wrestling everyone ends up getting heat or resented when they get the pushed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Johnny Gargano would get such a loving pop in the Rumble in Philly but Johnny Gargano would die so fast on the main roster. :(

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

VJeff posted:

Johnny Gargano would get such a loving pop in the Rumble in Philly but Johnny Gargano would die so fast on the main roster. :(

I expect him to be shunted off to 205 Live, where he’ll job to Enzo b/c of Ciampa and get released by next Christmas

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

He has pretty high profile supporters in Triple H & HBK but yeah his height is a killer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

He has pretty high profile supporters in Triple H & HBK but yeah his height is a killer.

I was more thinking the fact that he's a babyface, but yeah.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Johnny is a likable babyface, and the main roster is where likable babyfaces go to die (see: Bayley, Sami Zayn, even Enzo at one point), so I'm just gonna enjoy this little run while it lasts before he goes up and gets Always Bad'ed into oblivion.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if Gargano shows up in the Rumble it better not actually be a call up, because what a fuckin waste of the Ciampa/Gargano feud if Ciampa finally returns at Philly & there's no follow up. If anyone should be in the Rumble it should be Roderick just because it's okay if he gets called up & eliminated imo. Ohno too, but that'll never happen. Philly would probably pop harder for Ohno getting into the ring and having a stare down with Cesaro before Sheamus eliminates him than Gargano getting tossed by Dolph Ziggler.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 3, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

if Gargano shows up in the Rumble it better not actually be a call up, because what a fuckin waste of the Ciampa/Gargano feud if Ciampa finally returns at Philly & there's no follow up. If anyone should be in the Rumble it should be Roderick just because it's okay if he gets called up & eliminated imo. Ohno too, but that'll never happen.

Roddy is in the doghouse apparently no idea why. Hence being fed to Lars at the tapings.

Have Dijack do the Rumble you'll either get silence or people thinking Ken Doane is back.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Roddy is in the doghouse apparently no idea why. Hence being fed to Lars at the tapings.

That's kind of nuts, specially because they were high on Roddy a couple months ago just like they apparently are for Gargano. Roddy probably had an ego about his position. That or had too good a night at Applebees again.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
What does Ciampa even do now? Gargano has moved on. Just seems like a backwards move going back to that feud with the push he's getting

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Dijak should have gone straight to the main roster.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

What does Ciampa even do now? Gargano has moved on. Just seems like a backwards move going back to that feud with the push he's getting

He's not back until sometime after Mania, so they've got like 5 (possibly more) months to figure it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

My guess is knee the gently caress outta someone. I remember thinking Ciampa used to suck, but has he ever fought Alistair Black pre-WWE? I imagine that could be a lot of fun.