Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Dropshotting is bad and dumb.

but just look at this use of an explosive decoy while tactically moonwalking into one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k04NG2F3qkd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thief posted:

but just look at this use of an explosive decoy while tactically moonwalking into one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k04NG2F3qkd

That's not the dropshotting I mean.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Back in the day we used to call it dolphin diving.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

my kinda ape posted:

Hell yea

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

my kinda ape posted:

Can't dolphin dive if you can't jump.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
If stats are your thing, 2 days ago Ubi released up to 19gbs of data from operation Velvet Shell.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-ca/news/164-293696-16/introduction-to-the-data-peek-velvet-shell-statistics

Reddit is already starting to make some sense out of it. https://imgur.com/a/5wZkU#Kjy6wSe

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

last night we kept winning 5:4 which proved to be very time consuming but fun and a sign that the matchmaker might actually be working rather well even at 3:30AM EST after the weekly challengers got back to PUBG

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Some Games mod is having fun with Hard, I see.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Some Games mod is having fun with Hard, I see.

Since when am I a mod?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Strange: Yo remember 2 weeks ago when i asked you to change the R6 thread title because of this hilarious bug?
VG: Yup.
Strange: Well it was short lived and is now fixed.
VG: Ok.
Strange: I'm gonna ask you to change it again.
VG: What?
Strange: You need to understand. Devs got this roadmap alright? Each season has a country attached to it except THIS time they kinda hosed up and and and well it was supposed to be Poland you see ?
Strange: but they didn't, well they will but just the operators and not the Polish map cuz you need to understand with every season so far they've released 2 operators and a map.
VG: Ok?
Strange: Remember the first round of Bush-Kerry presidential debate in 2004 ?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hard posted:

Strange: Yo remember 2 weeks ago when i asked you to change the R6 thread title because of this hilarious bug?
Strange: Well it was short lived and is now fixed.
VG: Ok.
Strange: I'm gonna ask you to change it again.
VG: What?
Strange: You need to understand. Devs got this roadmap alright? Each season has a country attached to it except THIS time they kinda hosed up and and and well it was supposed to be Poland you see ?
Strange: but they didn't, well they will but just the operators and not the Polish map cuz you need to understand with every season so far they've released 2 operators and a map.
VG: Ok?
Strange: Remember the first round of Bush-Kerry presidential debate in 2004 ?

It was palpek dumbass. And I didn't even have a conversation with him. Any of you pricks could send Palpek a PM to have him change any thread title on this god-forsaken forum and it will get changed.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I like the scenario in my head better :colbert:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

too bad this game is objectively broken until one of the hong kong operators can dual wield pistols and maybe even has a trenchcoat elite skin

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Thief posted:

too bad this game is objectively broken until one of the hong kong operators can dual wield pistols and maybe even has a trenchcoat elite skin

Operator name: Tequila

Special ability: actual max payne dolphin diving

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I would pay good money for an operator who could bust down windows by flinging his body through it whilst shooting two pistols.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

a drunken master defender that can ragdoll on command :beerpal:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

gently caress these garbage operator birthday challenges. Have some loving creativity for the next batch of challenges and stop recycling that garbage medal charm. You garbage idiots.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4nljOziLUk

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

bandit is fun. sometimes i just straight up ignore saving walls because its funny when they are rushing in the last 10 seconds and have to deal with this:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Thief posted:

bandit is fun. sometimes i just straight up ignore saving walls because its funny when they are rushing in the last 10 seconds and have to deal with this:

:getin: I love using Bandit on hostage matches too, (I actually never use him on secure or bomb matches - only hostage) for this very reason! They always just dive onto the wire, get shocked a bit, before pulling back out of the wire and waste their last seconds figuring out what just hurt them. (Even better if they notice the batteries and spray them, incapping the hostage. I always put them right by the hostage too, so this happens quite often)
So fun! :D Bandit on hostage and Frost on secure+bomb is so good, people just can't deal with well-placed, annoying traps properly.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Are the skinners and modelers working on operation health bugs or why isn't there any new poo poo to buy?

Wooper fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 30, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
https://media.giphy.com/media/K9liKUXaSC80M/giphy.mp4

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Thief posted:

Wait a minute, won't the electricity from bandit's batteries eventually down the hostage?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Hasn't been the case for maybe a year at this point.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

However afaik Smoke's grenades will still kill the absolute gently caress out of the hostage.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Meanwhile the hostage in T-Hunt can take a poo poo ton of punishment before even getting incapped. Had a round of T-Hunt as Russians last night so i loaded up the round and fully intended to just cap the hostage during the prep phase and be done with it.

Surprisingly i got down to about negative 1k before the fucker even got uncapped.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7zE2FJSc78&t=232s

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

lohli posted:

It will however kill a downed hostage, as one of my teammates found out the hard way the other day.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I wonder if that can be abused, presumably you could down a hostage in the electrified wire as an attacker and get a win from it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

lohli posted:

I wonder if that can be abused, presumably you could down a hostage in the electrified wire as an attacker and get a win from it.

I want to say that if the hostage dies from that the last player to down them gets credited the kill, loving that plan over. Not 100% sure on that, but I remember a couple minutes of shouting one time about something along those lines.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
That's how it generally works if you let the hostage bleed out, but if you finish them with a grenade iirc it credits the grenade thrower, so it may well work, I'll give it a try later.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think there was specifically a patch to prevent that at some point, because for a few weeks the Hot Meta was to electrify the hostage making it completely impossible to win as attackers.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

lohli posted:

Huh, 100 hours in this game and I'm still trying to grasp the fundamentals.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My FPS has been making GBS threads the bed real bad lately and I don't know why. The in game counter will show 80 FPS but its certainly hitting 30 or less at times. I've noticed my CPU usage spiking for Siege, haven't had this problem till a couple weeks ago.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

well obviously you need to offload the 69TB of 🔥 shadowplay footage by uploading it to youtube and archiving it in this thread

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Do Rainbow 6 credits ever go on sale?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I think they last went on sale over a year ago, and it was only a sizeable saving(20-30%) if you were buying the bundles that cost $40-60.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thief posted:

well obviously you need to offload the 69TB of 🔥 shadowplay footage by uploading it to youtube and archiving it in this thread

I once accidentally deleted 1.5 TB of footage that I hadn't gone through yet.

That's when I learned to hit "Record last three minutes" instead of recording entire matches and going back through them.

Boy do I have some doozies in the pipeline though!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thief posted:

I'm double posting just for you, Thief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmVUxkJNEiI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lmao sometimes my mouse2 doesnt work but i know for drat sure its because i bought the cheapest insignia one at best buy like 10 years ago

also is blackbeard that bad or have people just forgotten how to play pirate peekaboo, he might be my most ignored operator lately

• Locked thread