Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I take it back EU server was so on fire that the blue was shrinking before the white lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

It's a "we don't want to unnecessarily confuse players into thinking it's a prone guy waiting around that you should shoot" design decision, which is a good one.

It's also to do with the server not having to store all players's cosmetic data indefinitely after they have already disconnected, right? I figured it was also a small measure to make the servers chug a little less.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

is the VSS crateloot or is it a normal spawn drop

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Efexeye posted:

what is this 5.5 gig update?

the monthly patch? like, the stuff people have been talking about in the thread for the last week?

do people even read patch notes? :psyduck:

funny Star Wars parody posted:

crateloot/rare world spawn

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

funny Star Wars parody posted:

They said before that it was both "crate & very rare." Can't confirm or deny that myself, though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parallel Playa posted:

They said before that it was both "crate & very rare." Can't confirm or deny that myself, though.

Man, the VSS seems really useful and I generally love it in games, but the damage output seems reeeeaall bad.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

the monthly patch? like, the stuff people have been talking about in the thread for the last week?

doesn't seem like 5.5 gigs worth of changes homes

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Efexeye posted:

How would you estimate it

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Efexeye posted:

A lot of stuff under the hood has been replaced.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Efexeye posted:

My patch was 330 meg.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Efexeye posted:

I have no idea what the underlying structure of the patch is, just that it's the patch.

I thought you meant "what? a patch?" more than "I know what's in the patch, but the size doesn't make sense"

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

How would you estimate it

usually a patch that is that large has new assets- maps, art, etc. 5.5 gigs was surprising is all

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Efexeye posted:

usually a patch that is that large has new assets- maps, art, etc. 5.5 gigs was surprising is all

There's a new gun and new vehicle...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

also new sound files for the not too quiet ump, new sound files for the VSS, etc

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Efexeye posted:

iirc when you patch a file on steam it downloads the whole file, so even a small edit to a 2 gig file would mean you need to redownload the whole 2 gigs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

iirc when you patch a file on steam it downloads the whole file, so even a small edit to a 2 gig file would mean you need to redownload the whole 2 gigs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That makes a lot of sense as well

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
It could be worse. It could be like Gears of War 4 patching. It copies the entire install directory into a different folder then pastes that over the downloaded patch files and deletes the previous install.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

Depends on the engine, since not everything is always stored in giant files, but Unreal is especially bad about that kind of thing.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Sultan Tarquin posted:

It could be worse. It could be like Gears of War 4 patching. It copies the entire install directory into a different folder then pastes that over the downloaded patch files and deletes the previous install.

Pretty sure Total War: Warhammer does this too. I noticed because I had it on my SSD and it kept telling me it was short on memory because updating the game doubles the file size for the duration.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

PantsBandit posted:

Pretty sure Total War: Warhammer does this too. I noticed because I had it on my SSD and it kept telling me it was short on memory because updating the game doubles the file size for the duration.

Speaking of Total War: Warhammer, anyone else pissed that all the stuff coming for number 2 could have just been DLC for the first one?

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
FPS seems improved but the NA servers are still a laggy mess.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I think I'm good on this game for a while. Tried out the new patch and the lag on reloading and just firing my goddamn gun was loving awful. Look at this crap: https://streamable.com/r0sgp

Multiple seconds go by between the reload animation finishing and the HUD updating that I can actually shoot and then a few times I pull the trigger and nothing happens. AND I guess the S686 is a two hit kill now. Ugh.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Yodzilla posted:

I think I'm good on this game for a while. Tried out the new patch and the lag on reloading and just firing my goddamn gun was loving awful. Look at this crap: https://streamable.com/r0sgp

Multiple seconds go by between the reload animation finishing and the HUD updating that I can actually shoot and then a few times I pull the trigger and nothing happens. AND I guess the S686 is a two hit kill now. Ugh.

I dunno maybe you should try getting gud?

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Carebearz posted:

Speaking of Total War: Warhammer, anyone else pissed that all the stuff coming for number 2 could have just been DLC for the first one?

No?

The first game has a tremendous amount of content with only the 4 base races, the amount of content in Warhammer II easily justifies a full price purchase. What's that? No, no my 1000 hours in the game hasn't made me bias!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

RE: updates to shotgun damage:

I thought this shotgun hit landed on their face, but it still took a second one to actually kill them.
http://plays.tv/video/59271282b9334ad58c/one-on-the-rooftop-because-i-play-poorly

e: they had a helmet and police vest lvl 1; so that does actually add up correctly.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Yeah I'm noticing an almost solid 50% FPS increase nearly across the board (with a single 10 FPS hiccup during skydiving that's NBD), but some really weird latency issues with item/objects/players that are within a foot or two of me. FPS doesn't drop at all during these times, but it's made close combat and using objects significantly more difficult and inconsistent.

But I also suck at the game so someone with 100 hours might feel differently (I'm at 8).

edit: and yes, it's sometimes making me have to mash the reload button twice, going through the animation twice before the ammo counter changes

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 25, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

willroc7 posted:

I dunno maybe you should try getting gud?

More like the game developers should try getting gud...at network optimization!!1

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I've never had issues with lag on the NA servers so......

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Carebearz posted:

I've never had issues with lag on the NA servers so......

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Inspector_666 posted:

Man, the VSS seems really useful and I generally love it in games, but the damage output seems reeeeaall bad.

It's not too powerful and the bullets are crazy slow, but it's fun and silent. If you're sneaking around it's a solid pick.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

They should make your character fart and poo poo themselves every 30 seconds

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yodzilla posted:

making the 686 a two hit kill is pretty hosed up did they reduce the recoil at all to compensate for that?

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Yodzilla posted:

I think the worst thing about this video is watching you try to aim.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

wtfmoses posted:

I think the worst thing about this video is watching you try to aim.

"Obviously this game is coded poorly and that's why I lose, it has nothing to do with my lovely aim"

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

EU servers are taking a HUGE dump so gently caress this game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Getting killed by one round really needs to get fixed.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Goddamn loving this patch my game runs so much better and my textures load so much faster too (houses)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Not if its a loving shotgun.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

Don't get headshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skoll posted:

Not if its a loving shotgun.

No, but rifles killing with one round to a level two vest has been happening constantly the past few patches. At least that's how it seems on the end of diee, one round, dead, no recourse.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Don't get headshot.

Not headshots.

• Locked thread