Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

He never had a live eagle did he? I don't watch very often, I thought it was a guy in a costume.

Don't ruin my suspension of disbelief!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He never had a live eagle did he? I don't watch very often, I thought it was a guy in a costume.

What a mark

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Los Matadores and Adam Rose, also.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Frankie, Matilda & Damien.....are there any other live animal mascots I don't remember? Will we ever see any again in the future or is the liability too high now?

Edit: forgot Rickie's komodo. Also, I mean long term recurring ones, not like UT's vulture.
How could you forget Lucifer and Revelations?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Undertaker's goddamn vulture from WM IX.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Does Sting's crow (which went over Eric Bischoff in two different companies!) count?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Perry Normal posted:

Undertaker's goddamn vulture from WM IX.

Specifically excluded :colbert:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What about all the dogs in the Kennel from Hell match?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What about all the dogs in the Kennel from Hell match?

They weren't anyone's mascot because the athletic commission demanded they be impartial.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

flashy_mcflash posted:

They weren't anyone's mascot because the athletic commission demanded they be impartial.

They were the mascots of my heart...

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think they blue-screened a lot of the promo segments where wrestlers had their custom logo in the background. It's easier than having a backdrop for each and every person that production would have to keep changing.

Are there any instances where someone like Rike Rude or Ultimate Warrior would cut a "live" promo in one pair of trunks, and then come out to the ring dressed in something completely different?

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

I'm positive I've seen something like that on botchamania. Also: Rike Rude

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What is the very best Stone Cold Steve Austin match?

Bonus points if ya got a link to it on Youtube or Dailymotion or something.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Vs. Rock, Wrestlemania 17.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17ea80_wwe-wrestlemania-17-the-rock-vs-stone-cold-steve-austin_sport

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

rotinaj posted:

vs Hart at WM 13
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13mkie_stone-cold-vs-bret-hart-wrestlemania-13_sport

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Tyma posted:

Are there any instances where someone like Rike Rude or Ultimate Warrior would cut a "live" promo in one pair of trunks, and then come out to the ring dressed in something completely different?
Summerslam 1990, Texas Tornado cuts a backstage promo in yellow trunks, but comes to the ring seconds later in white trunks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yaruyV7K8Q&t=9m37s

I can't believe I didn't realize that locker room set was fake when I was a kid. I guess I just figured every single arena locker room looked the same, with that same phone on the wall.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Frankie, Matilda & Damien.....are there any other live animal mascots I don't remember? Will we ever see any again in the future or is the liability too high now?

Edit: forgot Rickie's komodo. Also, I mean long term recurring ones, not like UT's vulture.

Davey Boy, when as a singles, had Winston the bulldog.

Rick Steiner had a fly named Spike.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
George Steele had Mine. It was a stuffy, but it was alive to him.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rotinaj posted:

Austin/HHH vs. Benoit/Jericho from RAW; Canadian Stampede main event; there were quite a few Austin vs. Benoit/Jericho/Angle/etc. matches on RAW and Smackdown around 2000/2001 that were all excellent.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Oh yeah Big Poppa Pump had a tiger or something for a bit there too

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

Austin/HHH vs. Benoit/Jericho from RAW; Canadian Stampede main event; there were quite a few Austin vs. Benoit/Jericho/Angle/etc. matches on RAW and Smackdown around 2000/2001 that were all excellent.

Essentially, pick any 2001 Austin match, when he was the best wrestler in North America.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rotinaj posted:

On top of everything else already said, vs. Dude Love at Over the Edge 1998 is really good as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1b2fnPG1c4

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I've always felt Austin/HHH 3 Stages of Hell was a fantastic match.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x113irp_stone-cold-steve-austin-vs-triple-h-3-stages-of-hell-no-way-out-2001_sport

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I don't know why I didn't post this, its my favorite match of all time. Watch this one like right now.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Renee Dupree had Fifi as well

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

oatgan posted:

Everything was filmed and the workers got paid but Katz never released it because he couldn't think of a way to distribute it which is a really bad excuse all things considered

Wasn't he involved in some drama where he lost like all of his money?

bartok
May 10, 2006

What's your favorite Stunning Steve Austin match? I was always partial to the Wrestlewar '92 Wargames match and The Hollywood Blonds vs. Ricky Steamboat/Shane Douglas that was on one of the Steve Austin DVDs.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

Wasn't he involved in some drama where he lost like all of his money?

all the more reason to get those DVDs up on highspots!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

bartok posted:

What's your favorite Stunning Steve Austin match? I was always partial to the Wrestlewar '92 Wargames match and The Hollywood Blonds vs. Ricky Steamboat/Shane Douglas that was on one of the Steve Austin DVDs.

Gonna go with the former, since it's also the best WCW match ever.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Haha, 5:40 -> "Hit that drunk with a jacket on!"

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Thauros posted:

Oh gently caress, I remember that episode and Jesse alternating between Hogan and Warrior merch in the runup to WMVI. The green screening worked on the intended audience, I certainly didn't catch it has an eigh tyear old.

Much like everything else in the broadcast, it worked better in the early 90s vs later

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

LvK posted:

Specifically excluded :colbert:

I read the post before the edit but took forever to respond, dangnabbit.

I can't remember, did Bad New Brown ever actually produce the sewer rat he talked about having to combat Damien or did he just carry around an empty box and pretend it was in there (or something like that)?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

What did the Nasty Boys do that got them fired from TNA?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Luigi Thirty posted:

What did the Nasty Boys do that got them fired from TNA?

Whatever it was, I'm glad it happened.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

CombineThresher posted:

Whatever it was, I'm glad it happened.

There a story that Brian Knobbs did something at a party with Spike executives in attendance but I can't find what.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
The "best" Austin matches have been covered but I just randomly saw Austin vs Micheals at the '97 King of the Ring on The Network. I totally forgot about this match. It's not a barn-burner or anything, but I thought it was a solid match from two great workers. They're also in the "Tag Team Champs who hate each other, but hate the Harts even more" story here. Good times. I skipped past the recap stuff in the link but just watch from the beginning if you want all that stuff.

KotR'97 also has one of my favorite goofy Mankind promos and a boring Taker vs Farooq match!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Static Rook posted:

The "best" Austin matches have been covered but I just randomly saw Austin vs Micheals at the '97 King of the Ring on The Network. I totally forgot about this match. It's not a barn-burner or anything, but I thought it was a solid match from two great workers. They're also in the "Tag Team Champs who hate each other, but hate the Harts even more" story here. Good times. I skipped past the recap stuff in the link but just watch from the beginning if you want all that stuff.

KotR'97 also has one of my favorite goofy Mankind promos and a boring Taker vs Farooq match!
I'm getting close to this time period with the stuff I've been re-watching on the network, and it's odd to see Taker of all people relegated to the "champ who doesn't wrestle in the REAL main event" role.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Luigi Thirty posted:

There a story that Brian Knobbs did something at a party with Spike executives in attendance but I can't find what.

Got drunk and acted like Brian Knobbs from what I heard.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember someone in some shoot or another saying that Knobbs would mouth off to everyone but was also a giant creampuff who couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. Saggs was the opposite, no one messed with Saggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So I'm thinking of doing a forums tournament of worst commentators in wrestling history.

My list so far:
Cole
Lawler
JBL
Mike Tenay
Don West
Mark Madden
Vince McMahon
Macho Man
Art Donovan
Jonathan Coachman
Disco Inferno

I'm shooting for an even 16-man bracket, so any people you'd like to see added to the list?