Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

latinotwink1997 posted:

I’m afraid to update my AV and accidentally lose my tag.

Same - it's a badge signifying masochism and futility. I'll be damned if I give up on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thank you magic man :unsmith:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh poo poo, thanks!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
:patriot:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I can't even remember if I have a gang tag anymore because I always be phoneposting. Awful.apk doesn't show gang tags.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cis autodrag posted:

I can't even remember if I have a gang tag anymore because I always be phoneposting. Awful.apk doesn't show gang tags.

You have 3. Never change your av and keep them forever!!

Also never change your av b/c Sharon Needles is bae

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

You have 3. Never change your av and keep them forever!!

Also never change your av b/c Sharon Needles is bae

Hell yeah. I'm gonna two weeks behind on all stars because my wife is out of town and I'm saving them, and it's sheer torture. Ben de la creme my new girlfriend.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ben is loving killllinnggg it. Much as I love Trixie, this is 100% between Ben and Shangie right now (and I kind of always thought it would be. Trixie is great but idk if she's competition great) unless one of them fucks up hard or Trixie does something to actually stand out ASAP. Bebe is a Wild Card(s). loving loving this season so far.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
so many mods post in this loving thread it probably wouldnt be hard to get people their Wildcards tags back.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I repent for the sins of my forebears, and for the sins of the people as well.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

Ben is loving killllinnggg it. Much as I love Trixie, this is 100% between Ben and Shangie right now (and I kind of always thought it would be. Trixie is great but idk if she's competition great) unless one of them fucks up hard or Trixie does something to actually stand out ASAP. Bebe is a Wild Card(s). loving loving this season so far.

i have to root for trixie as a fellow milwaukee girl but ben is champ for sure

oh poo poo i dont have my wildcards tag. MODS!!!???!?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

so many mods post in this loving thread it probably wouldnt be hard to get people their Wildcards tags back.

Post a new thread in LP saying "I want my WILD CARS tag back" and I will maybe consider giving it to you.

And by "it" I mean ban you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

make friends with a moderator and talk them into giving you favours under the table in true asoiaf manner

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.
So is that dumb as gently caress Confederacy show dead in the water now? Although if there ever was a way to fall upwards, Dave and Buster found it.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

nine-gear crow posted:

Post a new thread in LP saying "I want my WILD CARS tag back" and I will maybe consider giving it to you.

And by "it" I mean ban you.

Man, now I seriously want a WILD CARS tag.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

You can add gang tags yourselves if you buy a new av and include

(img)https://i.somethingawful.com/images/wildcards.png(/img) with brackets in the right places

in the title text. You can link images in there as long as they're locally hosted.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I can give it back to you via a GBS post if you want - that's not really a big deal.

Give it back to me please! I have this stupid fake one since no other mod seemed to be able to get it in place again. You can delete the fake one too if you want.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Give it back to me please! I have this stupid fake one since no other mod seemed to be able to get it in place again. You can delete the fake one too if you want.
lol a gang tag isn't a special field or anything, it's just me doing the exact thing with img tags that you did. There's nothing different about it other than costing you money!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

IRQ posted:

You can add gang tags yourselves if you buy a new av and include

(img)https://i.somethingawful.com/images/wildcards.png(/img) with brackets in the right places

in the title text. You can link images in there as long as they're locally hosted.

Good to know!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol a gang tag isn't a special field or anything, it's just me doing the exact thing with img tags that you did. There's nothing different about it other than costing you money!!

Huh, I thought there was a way to keep them even if someone bought you angry av and stuff.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Everytime a new WildCards gang tag is issued the next ASoIaF book is delayed by another week.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

Everytime a new WildCards gang tag is issued the next ASoIaF book is delayed by another week.

infinity +1 is still just infinity

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TK-42-1 posted:

infinity +1 is still just infinity

Not necessarily true! There are different classifications of infinite numbers and some are bigger than others! :eng101:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Simple addition does not change the cardinality of an infinite set.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Now there was a George who actually followed through on his vision!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ASoIaF: Advanced Mathematics

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Simple addition does not change the cardinality of an infinite set.

What if you were adding separate infinite sets together?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Solice Kirsk posted:

What if you were adding separate infinite sets together?

Eh, honestly I don't remember half of this poo poo from when I studied software engineering and I sucked at it when I did study so maybe wiki is a better source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinality

In essence the 'power' of an infinite is defined by whether you can use it to count all the members of a different infinity; but you can't just multiply א and say you've created an infinite that is twice as large. I'm really already talking out of my rear end here, so.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

What have I wrought?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Does this explain that -1/12 bullshit?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

TK-42-1 posted:

What have I wrought?

It's turtles all the way down from here.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I seek a highborn maiden of one and infinity

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

reignofevil posted:

I seek a highborn maiden of one and infinity

Surely you jape.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Surely you jape.

Nuncle, forsooth he speaks true. He but seeketh yon ageless maiden in a body of but half a score and three years. Tis the path of the Turtle.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

TK-42-1 posted:

What have I wrought?

This just in: Bad Thread resolves the continuum hypothesis

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

TK-42-1 posted:

I, for one, am looking forward to R2 getting a hummer from a gonk droid.

Thread, you know what we must do.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Space GRRM posted:

"Not now, Artoo!" said Hansome, scoldingly. "Plotting warp trajectories by hand is bad enough without your incessant..."

But the undersexed droid was already shuffling down the hall, contemplating the nature of the infinite and if you add one is it more infinite, to take its mind off the extremely rugged man its servos had been pining for.

Suddenly, electronic susurrations chattered at it from a nearby alcove. After hashcode decrypting, it heard, loud and clear, a voice.

"Oh dear. Why long for the human, when I have all the accoutrements to make your shapely droid form shiver and quiver and have you moan in octal ecstasy?"

And then the big robot plugged the little robot for about an hour and half, and they came electrons back and forth into each other.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Call Me By Your Model

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Octal is an inefficient system. Please don't pleasure your droids with a base-8 system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Octal is an inefficient system. Please don't pleasure your droids with a base-8 system.

How about a Base-Base-8 system?