Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I feel like, knowing Hussie, Vriska is way too obvious a choice to actually be the leader. In descending order of likelihood, I will hazard three wild guesses: Equius, Feferi, Dad Crocker. Another void or life player could be really useful and I don't think we've seen a confirmation for either of their deaths since John started meddling- with the changes to the timeline, Nepeta's death no longer necessarily implies Equius's.

The shittiest twist would be it being Eridan but I don't think even Hussie's that crazy.

On the other hand, Vriska is one of the few characters who would actually be likely to kill Jane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Burkion posted:

Oh God Vriska is going to still have her crush on John isn't she.

I hope that doesn't go anywhere and is quietly forgotten

Well, from her perspective, he showed up and socked her in the jaw, like, minutes after she asked him on a date. Maybe she'll just take that as a "no" and move on.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobulus posted:

Oh, yeah, you're right.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005487

Jack did take it from CD, hid it in Lil' Cal, whom was later thrown at an Aradiabot that carried it back to Alternia where Aradia found it. So who knows where the gently caress it is now.

Not like it matters really, John can just show up anytime and grab it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Mayor is clearly the Leader guys, come on.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fister Roboto posted:

On the other hand, Vriska is one of the few characters who would actually be likely to kill Jane.

If Jane's even dead? She doesn't remember anything about the "killing" blow, after all.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Two Inch Bee posted:

Well, from her perspective, he showed up and socked her in the jaw, like, minutes after she asked him on a date. Maybe she'll just take that as a "no" and move on.

We have evidence that socking Vriska in her cheeky mouth results in her feeling MORE affection, not less.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
This might be an insane suggestion, but...

What if Gamzee is the leader???

Getting his mind broken might have been the snap/kick in the pants he needed, rather than the shooshpap we wanted

SapientCorvid fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 12, 2015

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I liked this update.

I hope lord english blows up the dream bubble where the three boring characters are telling stories

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The best part is that he actually said "KAPOW!"

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm more psyched about :

Me too! I missed Karkat! I want to hear him yell at everybody some more, between that possibility and Vriska getting punched out just now, this is worth a thousand terrible pages of sappy giggling trolls rolling off cliffs.

Also does anyone remember what was in the wallet, cause I forgot there even was a wallet till just now.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Bongo Bill posted:

The best part is that he actually said "KAPOW!"

quote:

TEREZI: BUT TH4T DO3S NOT 4NSW3R TH3 MOST 1MPORT4NT QU3ST1ON OF 4LL
JOHN: what.
TEREZI: WHY 4R3 YOU SUCH 4 DORK?!
JOHN: shut up!

This update was everything i wanted.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Doesn't WV have the wallet? Am I making that up.

I love how this giant plan to fix everything still resulted in like, how many dead trolls?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zoe posted:

Also does anyone remember what was in the wallet, cause I forgot there even was a wallet till just now.

It originally just contained a ton of dad stuff, like hats, shoes, shaving cream, pipe tobacco, his Crosbytop, a car. You know, just the usual things you keep in a wallet.

John took and crashed the car, CD used the shaving cream to kill Jade, the Tumor was in there briefly before Liv Tyler took it to go create the sun. The rest of that stuff would've stayed in there and we know that Aradia took out the hat and Crosbytop. The Crosbytop presumably stayed on Alternia because Spades Slick had it during the intermission.

nerdbot posted:

Doesn't WV have the wallet? Am I making that up.

I love how this giant plan to fix everything still resulted in like, how many dead trolls?

He had it until Clubs Deuce stole it from him.

Here the whole path was this: Dad > John > WV > CD > Bec Noir > Lil' Cal > Aradia > ???

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 12, 2015

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CD was initially sent after the wallet because the ring was in it right? What is important here is probably the ring and not Dad Egbert's Barbasol pallet or the damaged car.

e. Or was that the other ring that made the PM White Noir? Eh I forget, nevermind

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Zoe posted:

Me too! I missed Karkat! I want to hear him yell at everybody some more, between that possibility and Vriska getting punched out just now, this is worth a thousand terrible pages of sappy giggling trolls rolling off cliffs.

It has the Tumor.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

CD was initially sent after the wallet because the ring was in it right? What is important here is probably the ring and not Dad Egbert's Barbasol pallet or the damaged car.

e. Or was that the other ring that made the PM White Noir? Eh I forget, nevermind

No ring was ever stored in the wallet. WV had both the White Queen's ring and the wallet at one point, but that's the closest they came to each other.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The thing about the Ring is that John does have it right now, because it was one of the items Terezi told him to get. So if she wanted the ring, she should have just told John to give the ring.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Frionnel posted:

This update was everything i wanted.

The only people that won't like this upd8 are shippers.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

lotus circle posted:

The thing about the Ring is that John does have it right now, because it was one of the items Terezi told him to get. So if she wanted the ring, she should have just told John to give the ring.

Different ring.

Good thing to remember though. Maybe John can give the lifey ring to them and the dead trolls can take turns living. Sharing!!

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Kgummy posted:

Karkat will probably end up knowing where the wallet went.

Well unless it was just put there to make this meeting between Karkat and John happen. If it wasn't there, John would probably have just left.

Sollux may have taken the wallet with him when he took Cal's remains to Kanaya's house, and there's a line early on in Hivebent that mentions he switched moduses with Karkat, so he could just have it. Then again, that would be really pedantic pedantic pedantic detail to follow up on, and I have a feeling Hussie's gonna keep us hanging this for a while.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nerdbot posted:

Different ring.
Ah shoot you're right, gently caress there are suddenly too many rings to keep track of.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

nerdbot posted:

Good thing to remember though. Maybe John can give the lifey ring to them and the dead trolls can take turns living. Sharing!!

This will truly be fantastic if it results in Equius returning.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WAR FOOT posted:

This will truly be fantastic if it results in Equius Nepeta returning.

Fixed.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I don't really care too much about any troll in particular, I just want to see Karkat come up with a chart dedicated to divvying up life privileges.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

:colbert: How can you be so wrong.

In other news, Vriska's roundabout stupid treasurehunt did yield results for her. She 8roke out.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Speaking of rings, I always assumed that since the Void Ring is the unprototyped Black Queen's ring, the Life Ring is the unprototyped White Queen's ring from the same session and we just never saw how it ended up in Andrew's possession. But the *shudder* MSPA Wiki seems to think that it's definitely a different ring altogether and that the B2 session's White Queen still has her ring. Is there anything I've forgotten that actually shows this, or is it just a mystery?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I'm inclined to say you don't need to keep the Ring on to stay living, as Aranea didn't die until Condy snapped her neck after removing the Ring.

e. I wonder how much corpse-hording the lovely clown managed to do in this iteration of events.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Also, the rock Hussie's leaning on looks like Equius' face.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=009254

Undeniable proof Equius is the hero we deserve.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Two Inch Bee posted:

Righteously punching Vriska in the face only makes her like you more, as seen with Kanaya.

Also, whoever said Dad Crocker was the leader of the expedition to free Jake and Roxy is the coolest and I am now sad it is not going to happen. :(

Edit: Also, although I know John is probably going to zap away before it can happen I am very interested in Vriska trying to justify her murder of Tavros and creation of Bec to everyone.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 12, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Speaking of rings, I always assumed that since the Void Ring is the unprototyped Black Queen's ring, the Life Ring is the unprototyped White Queen's ring from the same session and we just never saw how it ended up in Andrew's possession. But the *shudder* MSPA Wiki seems to think that it's definitely a different ring altogether and that the B2 session's White Queen still has her ring. Is there anything I've forgotten that actually shows this, or is it just a mystery?

Since the Void Ring seemingly had no ending (it just disappeared during Trickster mode) and the Life Ring seemingly had no beginning (Hussie just had it out of nowhere), I pretty much inferred that they were the same loving ring. Like it does different stuff for the living and the dead, or something.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Regy Rusty posted:

I think this is the last time we saw her:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Regy Rusty posted:

No ring was ever stored in the wallet. WV had both the White Queen's ring and the wallet at one point, but that's the closest they came to each other.

I am probably just misremembering John slipping that ring into the wallet (not Captcha) then. Too bad because then it really could be a prototyped mayor who is leading

Of course I also assume the leader is Vriska because of Jane's luck turning comment

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

John you're three years older than these iterations of Terezi and Vriska, why aren't you taller than them? You're sixteen, come on, have a growth spurt already.

Also yeah the way Hussie's dangling the mystery of who the leader is makes it sound like it won't be Vriska, since it's too obvious now and that's a classic Hussie fakeout. I mean, I guess it still could be, but it's good to consider alternatives. Reformed Gamzee makes sense now since there doesn't seem to be a need for the timeline to make sense so long as John's around to kick it into shape, and the life ring means all the trolls are possible returnees. I guess there could be other surviving characters who weren't suppose to survive that simply didn't make themselves known to Jane.

This might be an interesting opportunity for the trolls who faded to irrelevance with Horrorstuck to maybe come back. Oh, I suppose Aradia or Sollux could make a surprise reappearance too.

I wonder if this is the only time John will zip around the timeline making changes? If he goes back to change other things he runs the risk of undoing the changes he just made. It's probably why Terezi didn't give him a full walkthrough to fixing everything and saving everyone (beyond the fact that she wrote the plan in a hurry while dying) since the more changes, the harder they become to predict, not to mention actually walk us through in the story.

Edit: Actually I find it a bit difficult to imagine one of the other trolls in charge, since Karkat's present and he was the leader. Hm... Spades Slick? The Mayor?

Dolash fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 12, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Vriska's definitely not leadership material, but the question arises of where the hell she is during this showdown if she isn't the question mark person.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

Vriska's definitely not leadership material, but the question arises of where the hell she is during this showdown if she isn't the question mark person.

She could finally get to fight Jack?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I've suddenly got this weird feeling that, somehow, in a way that doesn't yet make sense, that the mystery person is going to be Calliope.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bobulus posted:

I've suddenly got this weird feeling that, somehow, in a way that doesn't yet make sense, that the mystery person is going to be Calliope.

It could be. It could also be Beta-Calliope that Jade met, I think. Yeah, starting to think it won't just be one of the trolls.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I dunno, it feels like pulling a fast one on us with the shadow won't be likely. Remember that the person drawing those panels is Shelby and Hussie usually makes a point of trying not to give away a lot to his collaborators so that they can be unspoiled. Telling Shelby to draw a picture of a living Vriska in the middle of a crowd would kind of give away the surprise.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

She could finally get to fight Jack?

John Vriska's dead AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free midis online
Oct 4, 2013

Bobulus posted:

I was thinking that it's going to be a successful revolutionary WV.