Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Thoughts and prayers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I wonder what employees at NRA HQ do exactly.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Out of all the places you wouldn't want disgruntled ex-employees.....

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

Aren't gun sales a booming

Surprised the arms manufacturers haven't thrown more money at them now

turns out running your gun advocacy group as a massive internal grift eventually catches up with you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Glumslinger posted:

Lets see what Fox News has to say about the Wisconsin debacle

Ok, cool

All the side headlines are making me water for their eventual suing, gawker style

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Feldegast42 posted:

alot of them probably view the NRA as detriment now. like the NRA legit attacks kids and parents of dead kids and the dead kids and screams insane poo poo. its also a giant grift for alot board assholes.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

my god these things never get any easier to watch.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Feldegast42 posted:

Why waste profit throwing it at your clowns when everyone in your target audience is already lining up to buy?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Memnaelar posted:

That's the thing. They're booming at a time where the NRA is barely operating. Why throw them a life preserver full of cash when guns are swimming *just fine* on their own?

The NRA's served its purpose and the 2nd Amendment nuts aren't going to go anywhere without them around to further stoke the fire. Gun manufacturers are happy to let them drown.

They also might just use this as an oppurtunity to start spinning up new marketing and lobbying orgs without the same kind of baggage

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Dapper_Swindler posted:

alot of them probably view the NRA as detriment now. like the NRA legit attacks kids and parents of dead kids and the dead kids and screams insane poo poo. its also a giant grift for alot board assholes.

There is an argument to be made that if the NRA wasnt so stupidly aggressive the lawsuits against gun manufacturers would drop.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The NRA right now is just the logical end point for a lobby, they've achieved total victory of their goal.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

And they really don't seem to do much in terms of actual advocacy and education anymore. It's just culture war bullshit. The manufacturers probably do view them as a liability now, or at very least unnecessary.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

gently caress guns while looking at polaroids of dead children is my guess.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1247646822203613187

:wtf:

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

He shouldn't have been Ernest Hemingway. He shouldn't have been writing letters, he's captain of a ship.

Trump wants it to be abundantly clear he had nothing to do with that captain being removed from the ship or Modly resigning.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

Out of all the places you wouldn't want disgruntled ex-employees.....

But surely they're all 'good guys with a gun', so clearly nothing to worry about there.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Stereotype posted:

Quick reminder that the election in 1918 was a huge vector for the spread of the spanish flu.

Hopefully Wisconsin Republicans are literally strung up by their fingernails after this.

Likely their approvals will go up.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

LtStorm posted:

He shouldn't have been Ernest Hemingway. He shouldn't have been writing letters, he's captain of a ship.

Trump wants it to be abundantly clear he had nothing to do with that captain being removed from the ship or Modly resigning.

Captains sure as hell should be writing letters. That's how you loving communicate. So loving stupid on the most basic levels of leadership and command.

A new generation of leaders is going to come of this, watching those currently responsible, each in turn, choke on Trump's dick.

I know I don't have the energy to be depressed anymore. Every affront to decency and reason, just anger now.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

With all the unemployed I'm sure used gun sales to dealers are booming, too. Not much good a $10k basement armory is going to do you if you just keep the two you want for the ol' bugout bag but still have to pay the mortgage!

/\/\/\
Check out the Rough Robin Letter that Roosevelt, the carrier's namesake, distributed to the AP in a mirrored situation with yellow fever in Cuba! It's perfect time/flat circle poo poo.

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 7, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

BlueBlazer posted:

Captains sure as hell should be writing letters. That's how you loving communicate. So loving stupid on the most basic levels of leadership and command.

A new generation of leaders is going to come of this, watching those currently responsible, each in turn, choke on Trump's dick.

I know I don't have the energy to be depressed anymore. Every affront to decency and reason, just anger now.

The average midshipman in the Navy is not going to just take this whole incident and be fine with it.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

Trump is now throwing his genius behind the mystery of why the U.S. post office doesn't simply jack postage rates up by 1000% so they can break even or even turn a profit.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honest answer? All the standard lobbyist stuff - maintaining mailing lists, putting together mailers and brochures and magazines, doing market research, hosting politicians to talk agendas, occasional treason with Russian dark money, etc. - but they also maintain a firearms museum and a large firing range, which are likely the first target of cuts.

They’re in the middle of the Northern VA suburbs; I’ve worked nearby. Co-workers also said they had a great lunchroom, but most of them were ex-military and I wouldn’t trust their taste buds a goddamned bit, even if I wanted to walk into a child-and-minority-death-propaganda factory.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
His strategy for answering every question is to deny the validity of the question's premise. It's very effective as long as you don't care about reality.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Angry_Ed posted:

Congratulations new acting SECNAV Mick Mulvaney!

Jared Kushner

DaveWoo posted:

Wow, actual accountability, I'd forgotten what that looked like.

He looks like that vice principle from Mr. Holland's Opus that was a strict disciplinarian that couldn't sympathize with anyone

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Trump is saying that the only reason Democrats wanted to move the Wisconsin election is because he endorsed someone.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

Medullah posted:

Trump is saying that the only reason Democrats wanted to move the Wisconsin election is because he endorsed someone.

Yep. Both that and ranting about how vote-by-mail is sooooooo corrupt and impossible to do, we can't do it any other way, we need everyone to go to a ballot box with their ID.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

LtStorm posted:

Yep. Both that and ranting about how vote-by-mail is sooooooo corrupt and impossible to do, we can't do it any other way, we need everyone to go to a ballot box with their ID.

Which is fine. I can't wait to see him make election day a federal holiday, make photo IDs easy to get and offer transportation to the polling sites!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Yup, that's another 2 trillion that's going to disappear into his buddies' pockets and never be heard from again

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Wait did they really put the oversight entirely in the hands of the Executive and not congress

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

skeleton warrior posted:

Honest answer? All the standard lobbyist stuff - maintaining mailing lists, putting together mailers and brochures and magazines, doing market research, hosting politicians to talk agendas, occasional treason with Russian dark money, etc. -

Hopeful that this may be a boost to Dems downballot come November.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

skeleton warrior posted:

Honest answer? All the standard lobbyist stuff - maintaining mailing lists, putting together mailers and brochures and magazines, doing market research, hosting politicians to talk agendas, occasional treason with Russian dark money, etc. - but they also maintain a firearms museum and a large firing range, which are likely the first target of cuts.

They’re in the middle of the Northern VA suburbs; I’ve worked nearby. Co-workers also said they had a great lunchroom, but most of them were ex-military and I wouldn’t trust their taste buds a goddamned bit, even if I wanted to walk into a child-and-minority-death-propaganda factory.

Yeah, for a lobbying organization in particular the NRA is overwhelmingly focused on direct engagement with voters, members and non. And their money from member donations. It's not a wonder this leaves them both with less money coming in and less to do with it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1247651802088198145

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1247652042828636160

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Holy gently caress this rear end in a top hat is saying that the DEMOCRAT Wisconsin governor failed because there were lines for voting.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

"Mail in voting has fraud, the statistics speak for themselves".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jaxyon posted:

Wait did they really put the oversight entirely in the hands of the Executive and not congress

"They" didn't, the law they passed said he couldn't. But he was like "haha line item veto go brrrr"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Jaxyon posted:

No?

Three prongs. A new special inspector general (Admin), a congressional committee (Congress), and a committee of 9 IGs that Fine was supposed to be leading (ostensibly apolitical).

Pelosi posted:

“The President’s violation of oversight appears to be a reaction to Congressional Democrats transforming the CARES Act from corporations-focused to workers-first, requiring that taxpayer dollars given to industry go to workers’ paychecks and benefits, not be used for CEO bonuses, stock buybacks or dividends. We will continue to exercise our oversight to ensure that this historic investment of taxpayer dollars is being used wisely and efficiently to help workers and families.”

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Data Graham posted:

"They" didn't, the law they passed said he couldn't. But he was like "haha line item veto go brrrr"

Oh cool what's the recourse to stop him hopefully it doesn't involve a party vote in congress, let me know

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1247652200760803328?s=19

https://twitter.com/elliot_sperber/status/1246544202760163329?s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I thought OANN lost their press pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Medullah posted:

Holy gently caress this rear end in a top hat is saying that the DEMOCRAT Wisconsin governor failed because there were lines for voting.

Don't torment yourself watching this garbage. It has become his daily old man ranting at cloud session since he can't do his beloved rallies. Ignore him and just read the highlights from the adults in the room.