Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Duke Igthorn posted:

All three are written, and directed, by French citizens, two take place entirely in foreign countries, and all three are produced by the same European production company

It's not about where it's from. It's that Liam Neeson has opinions about too many people with guns when like the dude has been in action movies! Action movies that use guns in them! How can you be against something when you, as an actor, used that thing in movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

It's not about where it's from. It's that Liam Neeson has opinions about too many people with guns when like the dude has been in action movies! Action movies that use guns in them! How can you be against something when you, as an actor, used that thing in movie?
But the movies aren't American and neither is Neeson so how can they be saying anything about America? He's in an action movie shooting people roughly every four months and, to illustrate their point, they choose the three that aren't American.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I think it is sort of hypocritical to be making a living selling right-wing violence fantasies and then calling it "a disgrace" when people buy in to that ideology. (It would be one thing if it was something he had to do to feed his family, but I'm pretty sure Liam Neeson could find other ways to pay the bills.) But I'm pretty sure no one has ever supported their position on gun control with "well, Liam Neeson agrees with me."

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

"Black people are parasites" - NOT racists

Referring to people you don't like as insects is probably not the best road to start down.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Duke Igthorn posted:

But the movies aren't American and neither is Neeson so how can they be saying anything about America? He's in an action movie shooting people roughly every four months and, to illustrate their point, they choose the three that aren't American.

poo poo, that's news to me. I'm assuming that was an American too and that's about as far as I was going to go with that trail of assumptions.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

A gang of militants attacking an installation by throwing deflated footballs at it would indeed be strange enough behavior to warrant an investigation.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

It's kind of comforting to know how easily people can completely forget 2+ years of Fox news reporting. Maybe if Rowdy Rod Piper and Kieth David blew up Fox's main broadcast transmitter the healing could begin.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Bates posted:

A gang of militants attacking an installation by throwing deflated footballs

I think I saw that as an ESPN promo somewhere. The militants exploded into robots and declared ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Mornacale posted:

I think it is sort of hypocritical to be making a living selling right-wing violence fantasies and then calling it "a disgrace" when people buy in to that ideology. (It would be one thing if it was something he had to do to feed his family, but I'm pretty sure Liam Neeson could find other ways to pay the bills.) But I'm pretty sure no one has ever supported their position on gun control with "well, Liam Neeson agrees with me."

If someone went out and attacked a bunch of people with a sword would you blame Lord of the Rings or would you blame the person.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I got this sent to me by a family member, its par for the course really. Its a lengthy article and I responded to the economic bits, I ignored these paragraphs though:

quote:

Over the course of 2014 the prices the world pays for crude oil have tumbled from over $125 per barrel to around $45 per barrel now, and could easily drop further before heading much higher before collapsing again before spiking again. You get the idea. In the end, the wild whipsawing of the oil market, and the even wilder whipsawing of financial markets, currencies and the rolling bankruptcies of energy companies, then the entities that financed them, then national defaults of the countries that backed these entities, will in due course cause industrial economies to collapse. And without a functioning industrial economy crude oil would be reclassified as toxic waste. But that is still two or three decades off in the future.

Or take the Charlie Hebdo psy-ops in Paris, which, for anyone paying attention, was eerily reminiscent of the Boston Marathon bombing almost two years ago. Boston still hasn't got rid of all of the idiotic “Boston strong” stickers (no, Boston was not destroyed by a few firecrackers and a few amputee actors bursting bags of fake blood to pretend that they just had a leg blown off). And now Paris is festooned with eerily similar "I am Charlie" stickers. Killing a handful of innocents is, of course, standard procedure: few real atrocities help render the “conspiracy theory” version of the events unthinkable for anyone under imperial mind control because, you see “They are the good guys” and “good guys” don't do such things. But that mind control is slipping away, and even some national leaders—such as Turkey's Erdogan—publicly declared that the event had been staged. Also similarly, the supposed perpetrators were summarily executed by the police before anyone could find out anything about them. It's become quite clear by now that such events are being cooked up by the same bunch of not-terribly-creative hacks. They seem to be recycling the PowerPoints: delete Boston; insert Paris. But the French have defended their right to insult Moslems (and Christians) with impunity (but these rights are sure to be taken away when nobody is looking)—but not the inexplicably important Jews or gays, mind you, because that will get you a prison term. Score another one for the empire!

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
Maybe the media did investigate Benghazi, and it's just that they didn't find what conservatives wanted.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Guilty Spork posted:

Maybe the mediaHouse of Representatives did investigate Benghazi 6 times, and it's just that they didn't find what conservatives wanted.

Fixed that for you. I can't believe I still hear this being brought up. I guess there's not much else they can criticize Clinton for.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
They blame her for Bill getting a blowie too.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Count Roland posted:

I got this sent to me by a family member, its par for the course really. Its a lengthy article and I responded to the economic bits, I ignored these paragraphs though:

Hasn't Erdogan also flirted with Holocaust denial?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/is-obama-pushing-america-toward-biblical-judgment/

Is Obama pushing America toward biblical judgment? Find out more by purchasing tickets to our annual conference for right wing, religious nut jobs!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Bates posted:

Hasn't Erdogan also flirted with Holocaust denial?

Erdogan's basic policy when it comes to anything is a default "gently caress Israel"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Verisimilidude posted:

http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/is-obama-pushing-america-toward-biblical-judgment/

Is Obama pushing America toward biblical judgment? Find out more by purchasing tickets to our annual conference for right wing, religious nut jobs!

Isn't Judgement Day one of the main things these guys spout for why Israel must hold Jerusalem? Hell at this point let the clock run down, America can win a Holy Land victory and we can start a new game.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Maybe the if they media would used investigate deflated Benghazi footballs indeed.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
I know this one has come up in this thread before, but man this one seriously makes me angry

Yes, absolutely nothing you decide could possibly be affected by anything external that you have no control over. Nope, it's all on you.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Scruff McGruff posted:

I know this one has come up in this thread before, but man this one seriously makes me angry

Yes, absolutely nothing you decide could possibly be affected by anything external that you have no control over. Nope, it's all on you.

eh, they have a point. you can't control much in your life but you can control your own choices and decisions

this is why anyone who hasn't pursued a breakneck life of education is a moral failure for choosing not to expand their possible envelope of choices. if you choose to stay blissfully ignorant you can't blame anyone else for your own inability

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I am all about personal responsibility. Now let me tell you why I can't make more money because of Obama, can't find more work because of illegal immigrants, can't call gay people fags without being called a bigot because of political correctness, and can't avoid saying racist poo poo constantly because black people are just objectively dumb, lazy criminals.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I am all about personal responsibility. Now let me tell you why I can't make more money because of Obama, can't find more work because of illegal immigrants, can't call gay people fags without being called a bigot because of political correctness, and can't avoid saying racist poo poo constantly because black people are just objectively dumb, lazy criminals.

Personal responsibility comes crumbling down when your kid gets charged with a crime, then it's no holds barred, "My kid is a good kid, the rules shouldn't apply to him/her!"

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Personal responsibility for you, not for me!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Scruff McGruff posted:

Has contra-causal free will been disproved yet?

Surely the fact that sign exists, in English, using the structure it does, is proof enough that people are in a very large part the sums of their inputs. Unless they are an uncontacted native from Papua New Guinea who just caused it into existence with the sheer force of their Will.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
COMIC SANS

What better way to show how serious you are?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Its probably a bit late, but I skhould point out all the LL101 things I put up yestrrday were from a year ago. I just wanted to see if anyone would notice.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Scruff McGruff posted:

This is phrased in a douchey way, but this is the same response basically everyone asking for advice in E/N gets, and rightfully so. You don't need to blame yourself for what has happened to/around you, but if you're going to progress as an individual you need to take responsibility for your own actions. The mistake conservatives make is to generalize this to society as a whole, which is absurd.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

C'mon man, we were good friends. Don't make me unfollow you.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Man that is some Godwin poo poo right there.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Prolonged Priapism posted:

This is phrased in a douchey way, but this is the same response basically everyone asking for advice in E/N gets, and rightfully so. You don't need to blame yourself for what has happened to/around you, but if you're going to progress as an individual you need to take responsibility for your own actions. The mistake conservatives make is to generalize this to society as a whole, which is absurd.
My problem is that they assume you live in a vacuum with nigh-limitless resources. Like, while the Best Choice financially I could make would be to start investing, whether in stock or skills, but that requires financial resources which I do not have, so that course of action is not available to me. Or I can look for work so I can get cash to invest, but employers are not in a rush to hire black lesbians. I totally understand that "Make the best of a bad situation and stop digging yourself deeper" is good advice, but it's too drat easy to go from that to "Ignore the fact that you're in a bad situation and we're making it worse".

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Fulchrum posted:

Its probably a bit late, but I skhould point out all the LL101 things I put up yestrrday were from a year ago. I just wanted to see if anyone would notice.

TBH I don't read them and I scroll past all of the posts.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Funny when they're not railing on her for being an armenian jew slut they're railing on her for being "an anti-semite but for dudez".

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Not much on the political side, but it hit the crazy side good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eenCMX8ebCo

You'll live years longer if you pay me to adjust your alignments every week. :pseudo: Maybe your chakras and humors too!

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 27, 2015

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

darthbob88 posted:

My problem is that they assume you live in a vacuum with nigh-limitless resources. Like, while the Best Choice financially I could make would be to start investing, whether in stock or skills, but that requires financial resources which I do not have, so that course of action is not available to me. Or I can look for work so I can get cash to invest, but employers are not in a rush to hire black lesbians. I totally understand that "Make the best of a bad situation and stop digging yourself deeper" is good advice, but it's too drat easy to go from that to "Ignore the fact that you're in a bad situation and we're making it worse".

Exactly. Its like I lock you in a windowless room with a gun and tell you'll starve to death unless you shoot yourself in the foot then, for the rest of your life, disregard everything you say because "Remember that time you shot yourself in the foot? What an idiot."
People sometimes make stupid decisions because that's the only decision they have left. The entire point of civilization is to provide choices, to make "stealing" an active choice because there are programs to help. Instead they cut and demonize and hate hate hate until you're backed into a corner and then deride you for making "the wrong choices".

quote:

Boston still hasn't got rid of all of the idiotic “Boston strong” stickers (no, Boston was not destroyed by a few firecrackers and a few amputee actors bursting bags of fake blood to pretend that they just had a leg blown off). And now Paris is festooned with eerily similar "I am Charlie" stickers.
"Print off 50,000 of these stickers. And make each one slightly different so there's nothing 'eerie' about it."

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Dude your friend loves Hitler!!

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 27, 2015

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

:catstare:

Uh, for this analogy to work, your friend would actually have to believe that a cabal of Jews holds the world's power.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

Uh, for this analogy to work, your friend would actually have to believe that a cabal of Jews holds the world's power.

Eh...it's not a stretch for someone stupid to think that. :jewish:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Rick_Hunter posted:

Eh...it's not a stretch for someone stupid to think that. :jewish:

I thought the Nazi's just believed Jews were ambitious for world domination, not that they actually already had consolidated world power.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

"If you replace the words someone says with horrible poo poo THEY END UP SAYING HORRIBLE poo poo! rly mks u thnk..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

It could be that, or it would require his friend to believe white men aren't the people with the most power in society