Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Wow I have not been following sperg citizen for a while and now it looks like their whales are all dried up and are now taking loans lol.

The mental gymnastic that ortwin did to cover up their loan is awesome.

Sperg Citizen they just always keep on giving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

By the way are the usual shills still here? MoMA and his crew? I backed read 4 pages an no sign of Toast even with this recent event

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MoMA's busy with his fleet firesale at the trading sub

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

By the way are the usual shills still here? MoMA and his crew? I backed read 4 pages an no sign of Toast even with this recent event

He showed up just before (or after? time is a blur) the Ortwin foot-in-mouth post to act like he hadn't just spent the previous 20 hours in CIG's Situation Room wired on coffee and trying to figure out how exactly it was that Chris wanted him to sue Derek Smart "to death" lol

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Big K of Justice posted:

Once you have your costs/budget pegged, you can sign that loan over to another production/holding company or bank in exchange for a cash advance, say 10%. With that money immediately available you got "free" additional money to finance your project.

So if you wanted to make a 40M game/film, but can only line up half of that, you can start subsidy shopping to different regions and figure out ways to make that dollar stretch more.

So THIS is the science between the "our dollar is worth four publisher dollars" :rolleyes:

Imagine four dollars on the edge of a cliff

Star Citizen works the same way.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Erenthal posted:

well, it does say that you need a million pounds in assets so all good there

:thurman:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Orions Lord posted:

So basically CR, Sandi and the lawyer won.
They got their cash (and still are getting more and more) and can't be sued over it.

lol I'm fine with this

The people who gave them money deserved to lose every cent. Literally the definition of throwing bad money after good once the original KS wrapped.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

cool new Polack jokes posted:

So THIS is the science between the "our dollar is worth four publisher dollars" :rolleyes:

Imagine four dollars on the edge of a cliff

Imagine four dollars on the edge of a cliff, each one getting thrown down in the water.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

beautiful fatman posted:

He showed up just before (or after? time is a blur) the Ortwin foot-in-mouth post to act like he hadn't just spent the previous 20 hours in CIG's Situation Room wired on coffee and trying to figure out how exactly it was that Chris wanted him to sue Derek Smart "to death" lol

Ortwin probably just checked all the theory crafting on Reddit on why CIG took out the loan, and repeated verbatim what the spergs were saying. "Oh look we were right! CIG is just hedge funding the forex market! Nothing to see here!"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Warhawk109 posted:

Ortwin probably just checked all the theory crafting on Reddit on why CIG took out the loan, and repeated verbatim what the spergs were saying. "Oh look we were right! CIG is just hedge funding the forex market! Nothing to see here!"

"Mr. Ortwin, sir, I don't think it's really a good idea to say we're buying Imaginarium..." ~ Toast, I assume

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Obviously, the UK Government will not default on its rebate obligations which will be used for repayment, and even then the UK companies have ample assets to repay the loan, even in such an eventuality which is of course unthinkable.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Obviously, the UK Government will not default on its rebate obligations which will be used for repayment, and even then the UK companies have ample assets to repay the loan, even in such an eventuality which is of course unthinkable.

I know I highlighted that as well

When does a lawyer ever say something like that , nothing in life is ever obvious or unthinkable , especially when we are talking loans and banks

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Yeah, I thought it was particularly sleazy how he tried to cast the UK government as the less stable party, instead of a dysfunctional JPEG factory of a game company.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
coutt >> 'thank you for playing!'

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
He's basically saying that if they don't get the rebate for whatever reason, they'd have to start liquidating assets to pay the loan. LOL

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Unthinkable to the average citizen maybe, we've been thinking it for years.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They should start with that gaudy furniture

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Bubbacub posted:

Yeah, I thought it was particularly sleazy how he tried to cast the UK government as the less stable party
Well, hilariously, he's not hugely wrong at the moment ;)

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

vyst posted:

They should start with that gaudy furniture

In the event they have to auction that poo poo off after insolvency, I've had my eye on a lumpy rivet desk for some time

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Backed read 15 pages and you goons gave Ortwin the idea currency exchange and what not, stop giving them. Ideas on how to cover up their mess lol

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Dementropy posted:

Today:

A week ago:

I appreciate these regular reminders that SC cultists are awful people deserving of zero sympathy.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

beautiful fatman posted:

Yeah I saw Moma and larzin still in the shill payroll of cig

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-26-star-citizen-studio-seeks-to-calm-fan-fears-it-faces-financial-issues

No mention of Squadron 42 IP and assets being held as collateral by the loan...

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Coutt is right why would it take Star Citizen as collateral when there is no sign of it being done, They accepted Sq42 as collateral because that has more substance than SC

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jason Sextro posted:

In the event they have to auction that poo poo off after insolvency, I've had my eye on a lumpy rivet desk for some time

The Smithsonian has dibs on the Lesnick couch.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, who else thinks that the loan is for less than the expected rebate? In this way the rebate covers both the loan and the interest.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chin posted:

I appreciate these regular reminders that SC cultists are awful people deserving of zero sympathy.

Don't wish them zero sympathy, friend. Do as the dancey cat does and spread the love (unless it switches into the :argh: cat, then anything goes)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is it normal to include a specific term to state that you categorically aren't partners or is it probably because CIG kept saying partner so many times when the loan was being discussed the bank realised they needed to cover their asses?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
http://www.trumpdonald.org/

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : we need about tree fiddy.

dog taxxe :

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 26, 2017

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I just sent off this email to Coutts & Co:

quote:

Hello, I was wondering if I could get a comment on the partnership between Coutts & Company and Cloud Imperium Games U.K. Ltd? It was referenced by Ortwin Freyermuth in an official statement on behalf of Cloud Imperium Games here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/re-uk-tax-rebate-advance-for-foundry-42

Relevant quote:

"Foundry 42 and its parent company Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd. have elected to partner with Coutts"

If you could clarify this partnership with Cloud Imperium Games, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Probably will hit their junk folder but maybe if they get enough people asking about it, they'll look into it.

https://www.coutts.com/contact.html

Media inquiries email is at the bottom.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

synthetik posted:

coutt >> 'thank you for playing!'

beautiful

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Star Citizen: What's Wrong With You?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The inevitable consequence of the game releasing. Derek drinks bleach.

What a bunch of hosed up folks.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is it normal to include a specific term to state that you categorically aren't partners or is it probably because CIG kept saying partner so many times when the loan was being discussed the bank realised they needed to cover their asses?

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine it's a common clause to prevent a company from acting like a loan is an investment in the company by the bank in marketing and things like that.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm still trying to wrap my head around ortwins logic here

They took out a loan for $x as an advance on the $x they're owed from the UK government

But then he says they have enough cash to cover it should they not get the amount owed

Why in God's name take a loan out if you don't need it ... ugh

If it's to avoid converting currency , that tells us right there that they have blown the entire fiscal budget for f42 already

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

citizens propping ortwin up as some sort of super lawyer sent down from lawyer mt. olympus or some poo poo is always entertaining to me

also trusting a corporate lawyer to give you the straight dope is funny, like they would trust activision's lawyers doing the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Does someone have Ortwin's response to the infamous refund case with the DA? That was good for a laugh.