Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Cavauro posted:

dave meltzer forced multiple joshis to get abortions.

oh right i did read about that but people keep shouting it down for some reason so its kinda stayed secretive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MotU posted:

when did dave kill a child

He gave Nicholas' Wrestlemania match a dud rating.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
https://twitter.com/laceyevanswwe/status/1105654107333935106?s=21

Why didn’t she walk out this episode in the middle of that cool segment to ruin it?!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Tag Teams currently in the WWE Hall of Fame as Tag Teams:

The Valiants (Jimmy and Johnny)
The Blackjacks (Mulligan and Lanza)
The Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika)
The Brisco Brothers (Jack and Gerald)
The Funks (Terry and Dory Jr.)
Road Warriors (Hawk/Animal)
The Four Horsemen (I guess Tully and Arn?)
Bushwackers (Luke and Butch)
Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts/Garvin)
Rock N Roll Express (Morton/Gibson)
Dudleys (D-Von and Bubba)
DX (Road Dogg and Mr. rear end)
Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)

Tag Teams currently in the WON Hall of Fame as Tag Teams:
The Fabulous Kangaroos
Road Warriors (Hawk/Animal)
Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts)

Midnight Express (Eaton/Lane/Condrey)
Rock N Roll Express (Morton/Gibson)
Assassins (Hamilton and Renesto)
Sharpe Brothers (Ben and Mike)

Additionally of the WWE tag HOFers, Jack Brisco and both Funk brothers are in individually. So from Dave/WON's perspective the only team that's gone into WONHOF that there's a chance in hell of WWE honoring are probably the Midnights, but they're older than Harlem Heat and don't have Booker T as a sort of perma-legend appearing on WWE programming. Since I feel like that aspect (and them being retired and ideally alive to give a speech) are sort of the important things for WWE's selection process, there aren't a ton of teams better suited for a WWE Hall of Fame push.

Which is also why the WWE HOF is not something worth thinking deeply about.

https://twitter.com/mrlariato/status/1004267965678866432

Why not put the PYT Express in? Koko B. Ware is already a Hall of Famer, Percy Pringle is a Hall of Famer, his namesake for this gimmick The Big Boss Man is a Hall of Famer, and Michael Jackson is in the news a lot lately so bringing up this gimmick would get mainstream attention, maybe? Get Nakamura to induct them, he already has the jacket.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

STAC Goat posted:

I guess the Steiners for sure. I weirdly always think of them as an 80s team but they're really a 90s team. I guess it was just the look that tricked me.

The only way Scott Steiner is going into the HoF is if it's posthumously. They're never going to let him get near anything WWE-related ever again, and they're especially not going to give him a mic during a live broadcast.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

The Holy Demon Army was the best tag team of the 90's. Fight me nerds :colbert:

if Kawada and Taue can't make the Observer Hall as a tag team than Harlem Heat is way down the line.

WWE Hall is WWE hall so whatever

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vandar posted:

The only way Scott Steiner is going into the HoF is if it's posthumously. They're never going to let him get near anything WWE-related ever again, and they're especially not going to give him a mic during a live broadcast.

What would you put his odds at?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
buncha fruit booties ITT not thinking stevie ray deserves an induction

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If WWE were to induct the Midnights, they would most certainly also induct Jim Cornette as a member. The question would be how many members of the Midnights would be inducted? Would it just be Eaton and Lane? Or Eaton and Condrey? Or Eaton,Lane, and Condrey, as it is in the WON HOF? I can see Heyman pushing the WWE to induct Randy Rose as a member (as well they should, since the Condrey/Rose version was a very successful territory team, in addition to being AWA World Tag Team champions).

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That Rick Rude video man. It is always so amazing just how old school Wrestling ECW was because watching old ECW tv, that right there would have fit in pretty much perfectly with a style change and maybe some different music, and only maybe, because they would play stuff you wouldn't expect.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Just straight-out ripped off The Fabs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPI5lmU68n8

Shameful.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MotU posted:

when did dave kill a child

everytime he tweets fire

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Speaking of ripoffs, is there any reason behind the proliferation of "Express" tag teams in the 1980s besides "Midnight Express took their name/entrance theme from a heroin smuggling prison drama of the same name"? Did it just become shorthand for "tag team" or something and carny promoters hoping someone might think the US/Can-Am/Orient/PYT/etc. Express were a rebranded Rock N Roll or Midnight Express? Were there a lot more train enthusiasts in the wrestling fanbase back in the day?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

Speaking of ripoffs, is there any reason behind the proliferation of "Express" tag teams in the 1980s besides "Midnight Express took their name/entrance theme from a heroin smuggling prison drama of the same name"? Did it just become shorthand for "tag team" or something and carny promoters hoping someone might think the US/Can-Am/Orient/PYT/etc. Express were a rebranded Rock N Roll or Midnight Express? Were there a lot more train enthusiasts in the wrestling fanbase back in the day?

While I can't say for certain, I'm going to guess it was a carny thing to either trick people or go "hey remember this thing? Here's something just as good!". You also had stuff like "The Midnight Rockers" (although allegedly that came from the Judas Priest song "Living after Midnight" but come on now).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1105848315537702912

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Yikes

He looks like a 90s era Batman movie henchman

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 13, 2019

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
fuckin lol @ tryhard metal dad chris jericho

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol i fuckin' love jericho

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If he's a heel I love it

But then again that may be the preferred headwear of many wrestling fans out there so

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's been a heel post-WWE

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hi this is bam margera and this is called have a midlife crisis

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you haven't seen the evolution of Chris Jericho from funny WWE list man to insane clown metal dad do yourself a favor, go to NJPW World and go watch his run from the last year. It's incredible to watch a man who's had to deal with idiots like Vince and Bischoff his whole career suddenly have no restrictions at all and just go completely out of his loving mind while coincidentally having some of the best matches of the current landscape.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Dean Ambrose: Leaving WWE because he doesnt want to do hokey poo poo

Chris Jericho: Leaving WWE because he wants to do hokey poo poo

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Angry middle aged emo dad clown Jericho is incredible.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

Isn't Ambrose staying now that Roman's cancer has been... uh... we'll say 'dealt with'

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Isn't Ambrose staying now that Roman's cancer has been... uh... we'll say 'dealt with'

As of this weekend still no

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Good for him

I'm sure we all have our own opinions on using Roman's issues for storylines but somehow saying "Look, your sick friend who you thought was dying is back!" to get him to stay is particularly hosed

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Midnightghoul posted:

The difference is it's his hokey poo poo he gets to do, not Vince's.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Hi this is bam margera and this is called have a midlife crisis

probably dont want to look at bam's current midlife crisis then

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Last time I went back where are they now style was after Ryan Dunn splattered himself on a tree being a spectacularly dumbass drunk driver and Bam tried to kill himself a few times

I'm guessing it only got worse from there

Steve-O got sober and other than being arrested a few times for protesting sea world and dumb poo poo like that he seems to have gotten out of that lifestyle well so there's a good ending

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

well he went on cumtown and it only got worse from there

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't know what cumtown is and I don't know that I'd go there crisis or not

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
No evil clown makeup? Weak.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mirror Universe Kid Rock?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tks_6VzRjXk

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Y2J go on cum town

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vj9V_pX8yw

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Is Jericho going through a divorce?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Meltzer is back to arguing with random fans on Twitter about Roman's cancer, again. Dude doesn't learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's bam up to