Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Ague Proof posted:

this isn't the guy who was captured (apparently) and it happened a while ago but it's indicative of the idiotic culture:

one of his idiot associates went to a college he doesn't attend. he dropped into a lecture and his chat went off blaring the n-word over and over and everyone in the room looked at him*. he lied about being a student to the professor before leaving. then he went to a different lesson and his chat called in a bomb detonation countdown causing all the students to leave. he was arrested

* it's from his pov so i felt like i was in one of those nightmares where you're suddenly naked

Why the gently caress would you livestream going to class? Auditing college credit to own the libs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Epic High Five posted:

wait, is Tariq a hotep or is he just an insane PUA-type

both

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Grimoire posted:

Why the gently caress would you livestream going to class? Auditing college credit to own the libs?

it wasn't his college. he was going to get reactions

:nws: he enters the classroom around 24:25. warning: LOUD and full of LOUD racial slurs :nws:

$5 to donate "black n*****s" 20 times
$4.20 to donate a bomb threat

Ague Proof has issued a correction as of 20:23 on Jul 6, 2018

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Awwww yeah, at least one good GenX memory is when every metal band was required to do a song about crooked televangelists. That's one of the heavier ones & easily the best cover art on the subject.

Jim Bakkers ruination was probably the watershed of the era and he's rightfully forgotten, but his wife Tammy Faye divorced his rear end and broke from the evangelist mainstream over gay rights. She started marching in Pride parades, did HIV activism, and became a drag queen icon. That loving rules.

I was always more of a Tilton man myself though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unhqk-sAtZ4

Now that's the stuff

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Crowdfunding my legal expenses one racial slur at a time

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syd Midnight posted:

Awwww yeah, at least one good GenX memory is when every metal band was required to do a song about crooked televangelists. That's one of the heavier ones & easily the best cover art on the subject.

Jim Bakkers ruination was probably the watershed of the era and he's rightfully forgotten, but his wife Tammy Faye divorced his rear end and broke from the evangelist mainstream over gay rights. She started marching in Pride parades, did HIV activism, and became a drag queen icon. That loving rules.

Now that's the stuff

My favorite is this:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

What the alt right with money are doing

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Zeroisanumber posted:

I started the Obama years as a liberal Democrat and now I'm a communist so there might be something to the whole accelerationism thing.

I went from anarchist to communist to social democrat, but I have believed in the elimination of anyone with over 7 figures worth of assets the whole time. I have also, since I was 10 or so, wondered if the US was so stupid that a benevolent dictatorship would be the only way to fix all of our poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Scafies always turn up when racism and right-wing madness need someone to write a check.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
i recently watched a video of the azov battalion descending on a roma camp with hammers and axes, and destroying all the buildings while harassing the few inhabitants who hadn't fled. there was something deeply upsetting about the way that they would ask for likes after making an especially racist joke about the women whose houses they were demolishing.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-far-right-vigilantes-destroy-another-romany-camp-in-kyiv/29280336.html

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoluboiOgon posted:

i recently watched a video of the azov battalion descending on a roma camp with hammers and axes, and destroying all the buildings while harassing the few inhabitants who hadn't fled. there was something deeply upsetting about the way that they would ask for likes after making an especially racist joke about the women whose houses they were demolishing.

also, the narrator was speaking russian despite being a ukrainian fascist.

Don't talk poo poo about the heros defending European Ukraine from Putin's nazi aggression

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Reclines Obesily posted:

if you guys remember the whole ice poseidon streamer bus poo poo from a month ago youll be pleased to know alot of these guys who were banned from twitch/twitter for racism etc are now pulling in less than 100 viewers on youtube... or facing multiple year long prison sentences. hell one of them was scooped up today by bounty hunters while streaming, 6 felonies and probably won’t get bail

ice poseidon is still going, his fanbase hates him now tho (not cause hes racist unfortunately)

Could someone who understands the economics of being a streamer explain how the platform switch to YouTube fucks these guys over so bad?

I mean, people are spending hours watching these idiots, why don't they watch them on YouTube?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Azathoth posted:

Could someone who understands the economics of being a streamer explain how the platform switch to YouTube fucks these guys over so bad?

I mean, people are spending hours watching these idiots, why don't they watch them on YouTube?

I think it's because you lose out on Twitch Bits (basically a donation system) and Subscriptions (paid membership to the channel).

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
youtube is smaller market for streaming and are stingy with revenue sharing. twitch is the network tv of streaming

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Azathoth posted:

youtubes UI is rear end compared to twitch

they both have donation and sponsorship systems but there’s one huge difference, if you have amazon prime you have twitch prime automatically and twitch prime lets you subscribe to one twitch channel for free. that streamer gets the full $10 from that subscription a month, amazon don’t take a percentage out of that

now imagine all the kids who don‘t have credit cards but their parents have amazon prime they can use. the thousands of people who pop in to watch a stream once a month and subscribe with prime and just leave it subbed for years without noticing

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
being exiled to youtube is a death sentence for 99% of streamers unless they have a high youtube subscriber count (100k+) or a dedicated audience

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Azathoth posted:

as someone tangentially aware of them: youtube monetization is significantly lower-payout than twitch monetization as a ground level, any time someone jumps platforms they lose the vast majority of their audience and building it back up is a huge pain in the rear end, and also twitch makes giving streamers money to acknowledge your existence significantly easier.

why exactly youtube pays so much less is a subject of some discussion in the streamer community, my guess is that google is in a position to see exactly how low the clickthrough rate on ads are and is paying these people something approximately proportionate to their actual value-add to the platform

that being: zero

(twitch has a mechanism to get stream viewers to watch ads in exchange for Twitch FunBuxx. that may be relevant.)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

as someone tangentially aware of them: youtube monetization is significantly lower-payout than twitch monetization as a ground level, any time someone jumps platforms they lose the vast majority of their audience and building it back up is a huge pain in the rear end, and also twitch makes giving streamers money to acknowledge your existence significantly easier.

why exactly youtube pays so much less is a subject of some discussion in the streamer community, my guess is that google is in a position to see exactly how low the clickthrough rate on ads are and is paying these people something approximately proportionate to their actual value-add to the platform

that being: zero

(twitch has a mechanism to get stream viewers to watch ads in exchange for Twitch FunBuxx. that may be relevant.)

Natural monopolies are good and not bad

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Reclines Obesily posted:

youtubes UI is rear end compared to twitch

they both have donation and sponsorship systems but there’s one huge difference, if you have amazon prime you have twitch prime automatically and twitch prime lets you subscribe to one twitch channel for free. that streamer gets the full $10 from that subscription a month, amazon don’t take a percentage out of that

now imagine all the kids who don‘t have credit cards but their parents have amazon prime they can use. the thousands of people who pop in to watch a stream once a month and subscribe with prime and just leave it subbed for years without noticing

You got a lot of the details wrong but the idea is correct. Twitch has its own ecosystem and manages to keep viewers on their platform

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
this is just what ive learned from destiny who gets 9k a month from twitch prime alone

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
who coincidentally now finds himself on a month long vacation on youtube after having a “heated gaming moment” on twitch

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Natural monopolies are good and not bad

the number of things that would lead to a very different world at this point is not small, but the most recent chapo touched on one I hadn't considered

when Obama sent some comm team dipshits to silicon valley to ask "hey uh do you guys have any idea how we should handle this fake news online thing," and were summarily given the brush-off? what happens if you send someone from the DOJ along and say "hey, so, we have this problem, and I have someone telling me you guys should be subject to anti-trust action. can you help us with this problem? or should I have Mr. Holder solve it."

there's no way in hell the Obama team would have considered actually using the power of the office to try to bring about political change, but goddamn

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reclines Obesily posted:

who coincidentally now finds himself on a month long vacation on youtube after having a “heated gaming moment” on twitch

lol what did he do

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

freckle posted:

lol what did he do

It's a word that rhymes with the opposite of smaller, I think

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

freckle posted:

lol what did he do

Given the trend so far? Probably "accidentally" screamed the entire 1943 Sportspalast Speech in the original German.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
oh actually i was wrong, twitch said he got banned for saying the US should have shot all cubans. he was saying to his mother that maybe the US should have shot all the cubans swimming over like what she wants trump to do with illegals

destiny is cuban and his mother is qanon, birther, fundie-mega-chud

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Trump’s suggestion that U.S. immigration policy has become a magnet for criminals and gang members is rejected by most Americans. Roughly 4 in 10 say the biggest reason most people enter illegally is to flee danger in their own countries, with another 4 in 10 saying they are drawn because of economic opportunities. Just 6 percent nationally say most people enter as part of the drug trade or gangs.

from the wapo poll today, ms-13 tho

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
yeah he was debating neonazis for a while before he realized that actually debating the chuds was a complete waste of his time.

as a side effect of his actually being pretty good at it, he now has an entire community of alt-right nerdlingers desperate to get him chucked off every platform imaginable as revenge for making Richard Spencer/ the french rapist guy behind that Bloodsports Radio thing/ probably a half dozen other people look bad in Reasoned Debate.

he attempted to do some grandstanding about how this proved they weren't interested in Reasoned Debate. completely unsurprisingly this changed none of their minds.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

best part is its giant lies too. they basically attack random people or weaker people and then they get their heads kicked in by others.

Syd Midnight posted:

Now that's the stuff

doesn't bakker just sell fake food and survival poo poo to people now?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

yeah he was debating neonazis for a while before he realized that actually debating the chuds was a complete waste of his time.

as a side effect of his actually being pretty good at it, he now has an entire community of alt-right nerdlingers desperate to get him chucked off every platform imaginable as revenge for making Richard Spencer/ the french rapist guy behind that Bloodsports Radio thing/ probably a half dozen other people look bad in Reasoned Debate.

he attempted to do some grandstanding about how this proved they weren't interested in Reasoned Debate. completely unsurprisingly this changed none of their minds.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/andywarski
https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/jfgariepyvideo

the two rising superstars of the alt right according to the daily shoah circa march 2018, look at those numbers!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
sorry, still stuck on processing social blade dot com

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

while you were out partying I studied the social blade

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

:thermidor:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Zikan posted:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Zikan posted:

and now that SJWs are clapping back at your gates you have the audacity to ask me for help?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

My favorite is this:

I'm from the same area as those guys. Slaughter In The Vatican is still one of my all-time favorite albums. Exhorder's 2 albums will always be way up there for me.

Also, the original album art got that record banned in stores lol.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kurtofan posted:

Any examples

I don't usually screenshot stuff because I'm too busy shitposting and calling them all idiots, but I did get banned for posting in a 'raid thread' for two days sometime while I was asleep, probably one of the ones calling them all crybaby morons getting upset over a balloon. :v:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

interesting thing is that texas cities report few hate crimes relative to other large cities. as an aside, i was once subjected to anti-semitic abuse in san antonio by a group of guys passing in a car. i am not jewish. :thunk:

Are you an intellectual looking Italian, because my dad has gotten that kind of thing before.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grape posted:

intellectual looking Italian

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
eyy im a (((fuckin nerd))) ova hea