Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

What is the story behind that drop? Doctor Spaz has always had a special part in my heart - I really hope he did have anal sex "a couple of times," but I suspect that it that drop is probably taken wildly out of context

Haha, it was a gay caller who said that he's passed out before while having anal sex. Bruce told him to go to a doctor and report that because there could be serious damage. The caller asked him what he should tell the doctor, and he replied with the infamous drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

UltraRed posted:

Haha, it was a gay caller who said that he's passed out before while having anal sex. Bruce told him to go to a doctor and report that because there could be serious damage. The caller asked him what he should tell the doctor, and he replied with the infamous drop.

haha awesome!

To give back to the SA community, I'll share this link (which probably isn't work safe, since I saw a risque advertisement on it when last I was there):

:nws:http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/play/826970/:nws:

It is from embaumsworld, a site I normally think isn't worth the time it takes to load the page, but this soundboard is surprisingly comprehensive so it may be worth your looking at. Playing a few drops on it is like strolling down memory lane.

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 11, 2010

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

What is the story behind that drop? Doctor Spaz has always had a special part in my heart - I really hope he did have anal sex "a couple of times," but I suspect that it that drop is probably taken wildly out of context

Just an out of context (bruce) drop.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The guest stars....bah. Goddamnit I do not listen to Loveline to hear Mike or whatever the Adam-substitute's name is suck off any drat celebrity they managed to get on the show. Yes, it's cool for you to pimp your new movie or book or comedy show..but once. Don't do it every half hour. Maybe I'm just listening at the wrong times, but there's been a few guests (I think Andy Dick was one) who had callers hang up because they were waiting for several minutes on hold while the guest raved and ranted about something unrelated.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
I'm posting to complain about Anderson.

The guy is such a bad person to his core. He's just so angry at himself for being a failure and angry others for their successes. How are he and Brian even friends?

Ive seen a lot of people complain about Brian not being able to carry a show and I think its actually Anderson thats the problem since he shits on every single point and has nothing to say beyond what amounts to "gently caress you im angry". Who does he think he is? Why is Carolla employing him?

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
Long shot probably but at around 45:46 of the 2004-06-27 show they come in with some music for a bumper and Adam quickly tells Anderson to turn it off, just wondering if anyone can ID the song, I tried using shazam but it was too short of a clip.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It's definitely from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I thought it was Maps, but I dont think it is.

EDIT: It's Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Y Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjPFAV1foU#t=01m10s

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 11, 2010

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Wow that was quick, thanks. Weird rear end video.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

The Senate posted:

I'm posting to complain about Anderson.

The guy is such a bad person to his core. He's just so angry at himself for being a failure and angry others for their successes. How are he and Brian even friends?

Ive seen a lot of people complain about Brian not being able to carry a show and I think its actually Anderson thats the problem since he shits on every single point and has nothing to say beyond what amounts to "gently caress you im angry". Who does he think he is? Why is Carolla employing him?

Listening to an episode now from 2001, with the guy from Smash Mouth. Anderson keeps playing a short bit of Smash Mouth's cover of "I'm a Believer" just to piss the guy off. It's hilarious.

Adam explains how he would love nothing more than the guy from Smash Mouth going through the glass to beat the poo poo out of Anderson. Awesome.

frobert blamble
Feb 6, 2009

by T. Finn
Happy birthday Anderson :toot:

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
So whats the low down on the Loveline and/or Dr. Drew books out there? Are they a worthy companion to the show's 97-03 golden era, or are they just mercenary cash ins? The amazon reviews go all over the map.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The only one I've read is Cracked, and it was very good. Doesn't really have anything directly to do with Loveline though, it's about addiction and Drew's experiences at his hospital. Certainly interesting for anyone into Loveline, of course.

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007

CatchrNdRy posted:

So whats the low down on the Loveline and/or Dr. Drew books out there? Are they a worthy companion to the show's 97-03 golden era, or are they just mercenary cash ins? The amazon reviews go all over the map.

The Dr. Drew and Adam book on relationships has some funny parts to it. It reads like a bunch of loveline transcripts.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Bamm Bamm posted:

Listening to an episode now from 2001, with the guy from Smash Mouth. Anderson keeps playing a short bit of Smash Mouth's cover of "I'm a Believer" just to piss the guy off. It's hilarious.

Adam explains how he would love nothing more than the guy from Smash Mouth going through the glass to beat the poo poo out of Anderson. Awesome.

Most people doing that would make me laugh, I admit that. But, Andersons does it from a really dark place. One of anger and jealousy and its really transparent. He's just a bad person and its ruining The Film Vault for me.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

The only one I've read is Cracked, and it was very good. Doesn't really have anything directly to do with Loveline though, it's about addiction and Drew's experiences at his hospital. Certainly interesting for anyone into Loveline, of course.

I agree with this review. It's about the patients he treats and his time in the hospital.

The Dr. Drew and Adam book can be passed on. It repeats a bunch of stuff from the show... but people who listen to the show are the ones who'll buy the book... huh?

The one book I really look forward to is his future book, "I never knew adults would be this dumb" / "I never knew so many people were bad at their jobs."

I could add a chapter to that book at least 2 or 3 times a week.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

The Dr. Drew and Adam book is funny just to see the contributions to the book from B-to-C List celebrities circa 1997.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I bought that "Mirror Effect" book that Dr. Drew wrote and I made it maybe halfway through before I put it down for good. It's incredibly dull and consists of name dropping reality shows and unstable celebrities du jour, punctuated with how concerned he is for their behavior, over and over.

Bamm Bamm posted:

I remember listening to that episode when it aired, but I don't really remember any animosity between Adam and Anderson, or Anderson really having that much input in anything. I guess I never paid much attention to those parts. I do think the guy from Smash Mouth should be shamed at any possible opportunity though.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 12, 2010

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

raditts posted:

I remember listening to that episode when it aired, but I don't really remember any animosity between Adam and Anderson, or Anderson really having that much input in anything. I guess I never paid much attention to those parts. I do think the guy from Smash Mouth should be shamed at any possible opportunity though.

It wasn't animosity, more of an "Anderson could use a good rear end-kicking" kind of thing.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Bamm Bamm posted:

It wasn't animosity, more of an "Anderson could use a good rear end-kicking" kind of thing.

Yeah, like a friend of yours that hits on chicks with boyfriends... you don't exactly want him to get ruined, but it would be gratifying from a karmic standpoint.

I think if Anderson really grates on a person, it's because they didn't grow up with a guy (or guys) like him. They are entertaining to watch take someone down and somewhat enlightening when they turn on you. I could see a person with good esteem or no esteem getting along with Anderson, anywhere between there is a crapshoot.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I enjoy Anderson, and I like the Film Vault, but he IS kind of a pretentious douche. He could barely bring himself to play Totally Topical TiVo Trivia because it wasn't his idea.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Nemo posted:

I enjoy Anderson, and I like the Film Vault, but he IS kind of a pretentious douche. He could barely bring himself to play Totally Topical TiVo Trivia because it wasn't his idea.

This. I'd never deny Anderson is an rear end in a top hat but I love him anyway.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

JGdmn posted:

Yeah, like a friend of yours that hits on chicks with boyfriends... you don't exactly want him to get ruined, but it would be gratifying from a karmic standpoint.

I think if Anderson really grates on a person, it's because they didn't grow up with a guy (or guys) like him. They are entertaining to watch take someone down and somewhat enlightening when they turn on you. I could see a person with good esteem or no esteem getting along with Anderson, anywhere between there is a crapshoot.

Or we grew up with people exactly liked that. They are never really able to tear someone down because the only people they attempt tear down are those that have accomplished so much more than they will ever, ever, be capable of. It's always because they feel sorry for themselves and it shows. Its very pathetic.

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 13, 2010

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

EnsGDT posted:

There's nothing safe about eight penises.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

The Senate posted:

Or we grew up with people exactly liked that. They are never really able to tear someone down because the only people they attempt tear down are those that have accomplished so much more than they will ever, ever, be capable of. It's always because they feel sorry for themselves and it shows. Its very pathetic.

Tell that to Adam Carrola.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Grand Fromage posted:

This. I'd never deny Anderson is an rear end in a top hat but I love him anyway.

Anderson is Anderson.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

JGdmn posted:

Anderson is Anderson.

He's set in his ways!

phuzzylodgik
Oct 20, 2005

Fuck this filter shit.
Summer construction has destroyed my commute, so I've been listening to Loveline quite a bit in the car as of late. I'm a bit obsessive about MP3 tags/album art, so I captured an image from Michael Narren's site.
Figured somebody else might want it, so here you go:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Oh this in incredible. They've got this 'spergin 16th year old complaining that he can't get girls even though he writes poems for them and sings Jack Johnson and can play drums like John Bonham.

EDIT: Oh holy hell now they're having him recite his poetry to a female caller.

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 13, 2010

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Is this an Adam show? What date? For god's sake what date?

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

One of my favorite Lovelines is when they got this caller on who was on his second or third 40 oz., and Adam keeps him on a strict schedule of a decent sip every 45 seconds and checks up on him every minute to make sure he's got the timing down. Then he includes the guy in the rest of the calls for the night.

And if you haven't listened to the one with the guy who ripped a head off a corpse to use as an aquarium decoration you're missing out

slipped
Jul 12, 2001

Magnificent Quiver posted:

One of my favorite Lovelines is when they got this caller on who was on his second or third 40 oz., and Adam keeps him on a strict schedule of a decent sip every 45 seconds and checks up on him every minute to make sure he's got the timing down. Then he includes the guy in the rest of the calls for the night.

And if you haven't listened to the one with the guy who ripped a head off a corpse to use as an aquarium decoration you're missing out
bahahahaha ive heard the aquarium corpse episode, not the first one though. do you have any idea which episode this was?

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

slipped posted:

bahahahaha ive heard the aquarium corpse episode, not the first one though. do you have any idea which episode this was?

Someone else might know. I caught it as part of a random stream and never checked the date on it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If you guys wanna know what episode is playing or recently played on the stream, you can check it out here. It also lists the current episode playing on the bottom of the main page.

The stream is always full now, I'm trying to get more slots opened up without doubling my hosting rates. Might drop the bitrate a bit to do it.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008

Magnificent Quiver posted:

Someone else might know. I caught it as part of a random stream and never checked the date on it.

It's Loveline - 2004-01-06 (Guest - Jeremy McGrath)

I remember because of the guest

slipped
Jul 12, 2001

TomSellek posted:

It's Loveline - 2004-01-06 (Guest - Jeremy McGrath)

I remember because of the guest

thanks!

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

phuzzylodgik posted:

Summer construction has destroyed my commute, so I've been listening to Loveline quite a bit in the car as of late. I'm a bit obsessive about MP3 tags/album art, so I captured an image from Michael Narren's site.
Figured somebody else might want it, so here you go:

There's also this one from Loveline's website:

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

BorderPatrol, I just started using your stream and I wanna say thanks a lot. Working great, stoked to be able to have a stream going again :)

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

slipped posted:

I believe that was Kenneth, and he actually called in twice.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The aquarium corpse head is April 23, 2003 with Dominic Purcell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My host was generous enough to drop the bitrate from 64kbps to 48kbps and double my listener limit, so everyone should be able to listen now. I can't tell any difference in the sound, so enjoy!

• Locked thread