Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Avshalom posted:

at first it's a good day for doctor sexman, phd. he hires eight books from the library without even bothering to check goodreads and only seven of them are so historically inaccurate that he can't enjoy the hilarious satire about society and politics in the golden age of colonial america. an actual expert comes into the everest thread, finally bringing some sense and objective fact into that wasteland of petty malice. he sees some excellent loss edits, very ingenious and hard to recognise unless you're an expert on the comedic cybersphere (and doctor sexman is better informed than most, not that he's bragging). the houston hotfranks beat the mississippi bayou bandits thanks to the excellent coaching of jankerton brill, esquire, just as he predicted on the forums two days ago. finally he'll get some goddamn respect from the trolls and worthless individuals that plague him every waking second of his life. during class he makes a droll observation about donald drumpf that causes a ripple of polite appreciation among the stamp collectors and full-time guerilla yarnbombers that are his people, the intellectual elite. but then things turn sour. an urban youth on the bus has his music up so loud that the artless doof-doof-doof interferes with sexman's quiet self-reflection. his coffee date pronounces it "expresso" and doesn't even know what adolf hitler's mother was named so he tells her that maybe instead of beauty school she should think about going to high school and leaves the cafe in tears. everywhere he looks is wanton sluttery. a plain girl at the library in a singlet, shoulders bared for all to see when there are people trying to learn. couples kissing in the park, right next to the kindergarten. a gay pride rally blocks his lunchtime stroll and someone has spraypainted a vulgar word on the steps where he likes to sit and phonepost about football statistics. when he arrives back in the office he goes straight to his favourite curated comedy archive the something awful thread "post your favourite something awful quotes" and finds that yet again they're posting something unfunny. no matter how many times he tells them things are unfunny they just keep finding it funny. it's not funny! it's unfunny! there's nothing funny about women being whores. they want to gently caress jfk, they want to gently caress ariel sharon, they want to gently caress centaurs, they want to gently caress each other, they want to gently caress the queen (probably), all these women just slinging their vaginas all over the shop and saying outrageous things like "kill all males" even though killing half the world's population would have a devastating impact on the economy and still the clever hegel girl won't give him her number no matter how many times he tells her he's an educated man. his fury boils over and he erupts in salty flames. when forensics arrives on the scene they find nothing left of the nutty professor but a small pile of ashes and a pool of watery bourbon-coloured ejaculate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Way to emptyquote someone smarter than you to try and ride their coattails in a completely unrelated thread that they probably don't even read, I guess.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

did you vote the thread 1 yet

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

did you vote the thread 1 yet

Because it's a good thread, usually?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Way to emptyquote someone smarter than you to try and ride their coattails in a completely unrelated thread that they probably don't even read, I guess.

what kinda bitchmade post is this, dude

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Don't stop, my doc is almost ready...

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Avshalom posted:

at first it's a good day for doctor sexman, phd. he hires eight books from the library without even bothering to check goodreads and only seven of them are so historically inaccurate that he can't enjoy the hilarious satire about society and politics in the golden age of colonial america. an actual expert comes into the everest thread, finally bringing some sense and objective fact into that wasteland of petty malice. he sees some excellent loss edits, very ingenious and hard to recognise unless you're an expert on the comedic cybersphere (and doctor sexman is better informed than most, not that he's bragging). the houston hotfranks beat the mississippi bayou bandits thanks to the excellent coaching of jankerton brill, esquire, just as he predicted on the forums two days ago. finally he'll get some goddamn respect from the trolls and worthless individuals that plague him every waking second of his life. during class he makes a droll observation about donald drumpf that causes a ripple of polite appreciation among the stamp collectors and full-time guerilla yarnbombers that are his people, the intellectual elite. but then things turn sour. an urban youth on the bus has his music up so loud that the artless doof-doof-doof interferes with sexman's quiet self-reflection. his coffee date pronounces it "expresso" and doesn't even know what adolf hitler's mother was named so he tells her that maybe instead of beauty school she should think about going to high school and leaves the cafe in tears. everywhere he looks is wanton sluttery. a plain girl at the library in a singlet, shoulders bared for all to see when there are people trying to learn. couples kissing in the park, right next to the kindergarten. a gay pride rally blocks his lunchtime stroll and someone has spraypainted a vulgar word on the steps where he likes to sit and phonepost about football statistics. when he arrives back in the office he goes straight to his favourite curated comedy archive the something awful thread "post your favourite something awful quotes" and finds that yet again they're posting something unfunny. no matter how many times he tells them things are unfunny they just keep finding it funny. it's not funny! it's unfunny! there's nothing funny about women being whores. they want to gently caress jfk, they want to gently caress ariel sharon, they want to gently caress centaurs, they want to gently caress each other, they want to gently caress the queen (probably), all these women just slinging their vaginas all over the shop and saying outrageous things like "kill all males" even though killing half the world's population would have a devastating impact on the economy and still the clever hegel girl won't give him her number no matter how many times he tells her he's an educated man. his fury boils over and he erupts in salty flames. when forensics arrives on the scene they find nothing left of the nutty professor but a small pile of ashes and a pool of watery bourbon-coloured ejaculate

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I was expecting pictures of Ariel Sharon but instead all I got was a stupid block of text. What the gently caress?

But yeah, I'm also in the camp of constantly teetering between liking IDEOTV and being annoyed by it. For me it's mostly that some episodes are successful, where they manage to have an interesting discussion about the book as a whole, and some episodes one of the hosts or guests get caught up in something very particular they didn't like in the book and talk mostly just about that, to varying levels of entertainment.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I generally enjoy most episodes aside from the biography ones, because those often require some background in music or wrestling or whatever. The notable exception there is Diablo Cody, but that's not really much of a biography.

I still listen to it every week though, and it's the most enjoyable bad books podcasts I've listened to. (Yes I've listened to more than one.)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Meat posted:

I was expecting pictures of Ariel Sharon but instead all I got was a stupid block of text. What the gently caress?

I have my own crazy forums stalkers.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It's funny, almost all the Ridiculists I've seen photos of look more or less like what I thought they'd look like except for Nutshell and Jack Chick.

I assumed Nutshell was a blonde upper midwesterner with stress lines from having to smile politely at the constant comments about how she should make a tater tot hot dish when someone came over for dinner. I my mind Jack Chick was really tall, as thin as Iggy Pop, and had really long black hair. Because he likes metal.

My imagination was remarkably on point regarding Boots' appearance. This exact picture is what I had in mind:

Phlegmish posted:

By the way, the F-Plus people are pretty much all goons, right? I've been wondering about that. Everything seems to point to it, from the choice of subject matter to their implied political beliefs and the fact that they charge a one-time membership fee of $10 for ballp.it.

They talked a bit about this in the 200th episode retrospective. Being from PoE, a few of them apparently have a bit of a grudge against SA because of the goons' habit of touching the poop back in the day.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also saying things like "touching the poop".

Speaking of which... it's Friday night, time to give myself an enema and listen to Warrant!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is Jack Chick really that beautiful guy, I assumed that was a model in his ridiculists picture. I like IDEOTV a lot especially the biographies because so often the person thinks they come across as cool but really they come across as an unholy rear end in a top hat. The Bill O'Reilly book is probably the best episode.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Jack Chick is basically a stout Ash Ketchum with metal guy hair.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
You can see him in the first video from F Plus Live 4. There was also a gallery somewhere of photos from Live 3, but I can't find it anymore.

Edit: Found it. Here's Jack Chick hanging out with Lemon. There's another of Jack on his own, but it's a really unflattering head-on flash photograph.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 19, 2016

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
also A Meat you looked stupid with a Bonzi Buddy so I fixed that.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I still can't believe that Bunnybread looks like an androgynous Asian twinkie.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Also saying things like "touching the poop".

Wasn't that a PoE expression, though?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ag Bengip posted:

Wasn't that a PoE expression, though?

they called it "the Prime Directive" or something

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Alaois posted:

Oh, right. Sorry.

(That's even worse, IMO)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

I thought it was "Safari Rules".

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Let's learn about oversharing with the Experience Project
Edit: aaaand the mp3 404's. Oops!

Spaced God fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 19, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:siren: JIMMYFRANKS RETURNS :siren:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
FPLUS-SENPAI POSTED MY EPISODE~~~~~ :swoon:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Foreverially clownitized with full acrylic paint face...

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
*snip dick*

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
girl what are you doing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is that Hitler's?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Don't leave us Avs

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Thanks, I just got fired from the night shift at the mutilated penis factory.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Oh hey, it's Avshalom, have you ever considered posting a photo of Ariel Sharon's son? He kind of looks like a giant baby with glasses

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It is like Chrestomanci

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hey, so I just came to this thread to post a funny drat.dog pict--

:yikes:

Anyway...

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wikihow really is the gift that keeps on giving. I really want to believe that it's all 100% sincere and not actually a bunch of trolls intentionally making ironic articles and art.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wikihow really is the gift that keeps on giving. I really want to believe that it's all 100% sincere and not actually a bunch of trolls intentionally making ironic articles and art.

The art is definitely sincere. Terrible, but sincere.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hello, The Deep End, so nice to see you again!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Improbable Lobster posted:

The art is definitely sincere. Terrible, but sincere.

Wikihow editor dominating a reader who can't even handle the power of art

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Midnight Voyager posted:

Hello, The Deep End, so nice to see you again!

WHOA! WHOOOOOOOAAAAAA! Okay! Let me get my seatbelt on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've been watching Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends again and I'd definitely recommend it for any fplus fans. It's a BBC documentary series from the early 2000s where the world's most British man spends time with various subcultures. Each episode is just under an hour and the show covers stuff from swingers to sovereign citizens to UFO believers and born again Christians. Louis is great because he is just there to meet these people and find out about their lives and doesn't openly judge or try to make himself the focus of attention. He doesn't shy away from asking embarrassing questions either. Cringe tourism at its finest and the whole series is on Ireland/UK Netflix, I'd recommend trying S02E02 - Swingers as an introduction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ3UDsUXRSQ