Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
In his first episode I was annoyed with Austin mostly because I wanted the cool bald handyman to keep winning, but Austin has quickly grown on me. Dude is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

What was the deal with Jennie? During the interview segment she said used to be a management consultant, but then she had an accident so she couldn't do that anymore, so she became an actor instead.

So what accident could make you incapable of consulting but still capable of acting? There's something's odd about her story, Was her accident caused by her poor consulting?
Management consulting usually requires a lot of travel. It may have left her unable to safely drive or fly.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

In his first episode I was annoyed with Austin mostly because I wanted the cool bald handyman to keep winning, but Austin has quickly grown on me. Dude is cool.
He's like David Costabile's weird little brother

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I would walk out of any bar that had a dipshit like him working the bar.

You remind me that a lot of trivia nerds are weird and not in a good way.

Austin is cool and fun!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
he's trying way too hard to project the image that he's quirky and fun

in reality, he is a pile of slowly decaying filth, just like you and me

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Your nihilistic answer appeals to me but I have to disagree. Austin is still cool and fun regardless of the fact that we are all dying in this hell together.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I like Austin, he seems like he's having a ton of fun winning out there.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Soothing Vapors posted:

he's trying way too hard to project the image that he's quirky and fun

in reality, he is a pile of slowly decaying filth, just like you and me

that's the way you have to act to be a bartender

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Just chiming in to say I'm on Team Austin, even if he doesn't like the Eagles.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
And tonight's game is why. Holy moly.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Didn't get to see it. I look forward to the day the big 4 networks realize there's absolutely no need to do a "special report" on something we've all been reading about on Facebook all drat day. I want to end the day with something fun, dammit!

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't care what you think about Austin's mannerisms; he's a hell of impressive Jeopardy! player.

$15000 on that daily double holy sh*t

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My NBC station shows Jeopardy at 7:30 so I saw it right after news coverage interrupted Wheel of Fortune

Wheel is a stupid show anyway

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Sir Lemming posted:

Didn't get to see it. I look forward to the day the big 4 networks realize there's absolutely no need to do a "special report" on something we've all been reading about on Facebook all drat day. I want to end the day with something fun, dammit!

Ditto, ABC in NY ran an extra half hour of coverage on Las Vegas. Maybe I'll be able to catch whatever Austin did on late night tonight after Kimmel. Sounds amazing though.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
The guy has balls.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
Dude walked out with $65,600 after Final.

That's not that far under Roger Craig, and only a thousand under the Emancipation Proclamation kid.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I don't care what you think about Austin's mannerisms; he's a hell of impressive Jeopardy! player.

$15000 on that daily double holy sh*t

Can't even argue. Dude is incredible

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Is there any way to legally watch episodes online? I got preempted today.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Is there any way to legally watch episodes online? I got preempted today.

Legally? My solution is a HD Homerun, an antenna, and DVR software for my computer.

Don’t think there’s any other way to watch local channels when you’re away from home. PS Vue has locals blocked unless I’m on my home WiFi I think that’s true of the other providers too.

Illegally? Might want to give r/jeopardy a quick glance.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Was is just me or did Ryan give Austin a gently caress you look?

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 4, 2017

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
drat.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Part of me was thinking "Poor Ryan". The other part of me was thinking "The Poor Ryan". Both would've been correct.

No but seriously, I almost wanted Austin to deliberately leave out an article at the beginning of something. But that would be cruel.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wanna gif Austin doing the Single Ladies dance and caption it “If you knew it then you should have buzzed in on it”

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm a few episodes behind but I love Austin. Everything about him.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
$69,000. Nice.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

The single ladies dance, jesus christ

But that total is insane for 5 days

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Austin really has been killing it these last two games, it's amazing. I wish Keith Williams was still updating his Final Wager site so I could see where his single game winnings match up against the records. Last I checked, probably at least third and fourth all time... Leaves me wanting to see how far he'll wind up going.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
All it'll take for Austin to lose is for him to mess up a Daily Double gamble (or not even get one in the first place). I don't think he'll be around too much longer.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Agreed. His star shines too brightly. He'll crash and burn because it just takes getting stumped once on his double jeopardy questions. But gently caress, with a total like that already I'd be happy as hell if I were him.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
How can they be that bad at calculus.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He'll prob invest in some poo poo microbrew and lose his winnings within a year.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

banned from Starbucks posted:

He'll prob invest in some poo poo microbrew and lose his winnings within a year.

A double IPA called "Double Hoppardy!"

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Every time I try to remember what this guy looks like I only see TJ Miller in my head

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I liked how the $2000 Calculus clue was pretty much the first thing you learn in Calculus.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MisterZimbu posted:

I liked how the $2000 Calculus clue was pretty much the first thing you learn in Calculus.

Second thing, after derivatives (which was also a clue).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
All Jeopardy questions are basic knowledge of their categories.

The question pool is a shallow ocean.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Austin is poo poo at math.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

austin really lives or dies on those daily doubles

thought he was a goner tongiht

god help me, he's growing on me

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

nooneofconsequence posted:

Austin is poo poo at math.
Pretty sure he was being honest about not picking up a word of what he knows in school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Austin owns get on the train motherfuckers