Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Somebody has an animation of these photos as an avatar, I forget who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Crosspost from pyf funny pics

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Me with my baaaaaaaes.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I'm pretty sure this is a baby robin, but it also looks exactly like Danny Devito.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There has to be a natural law that says all baby birds look like they are just fed up with your poo poo.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There has to be a natural law that says all baby birds look like they are just fed up with your poo poo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Okay, maybe not all of them. Courtesy of a tumblr with all the cranky and dopey baby birds you could ever want.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Not exactly a baby, but still a juvenile Night Heron:

(source)

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Edminster posted:

Not exactly a baby, but still a juvenile Night Heron:

(source)

Wanna see if I can bum some smokes off this birb.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Mizuti posted:

Okay, maybe not all of them. Courtesy of a tumblr with all the cranky and dopey baby birds you could ever want.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hypha posted:

Cute is just natures way of saying "I'm sorry but I am not good at this whole living thing yet. "

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 09:39 on Jul 9, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hypha posted:

Cute is just natures way of saying "I'm sorry but I am not good at this whole living thing yet. "

Reposting from the schadenfreude thread:

Well, I thought the kid was adorable :3:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Haruharuharuko posted:

Puppy doesn't understand hiccups.
http://i.imgur.com/Gtrcqt0.webm

how could you post this without sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QslV86odco

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Vet-related tantrum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAqsDZQQrc4

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That chuckle is loving terrifying amidst all the unholy cthulonic mutttering. That is an evil Cockatoo. By even cockatoo standards.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Frogmouths are the best :kimchi: When they catch sight of you staring at them (which is hard to do if you don't know they're around), they veeeeeeeeeery sloooooooooooooooooooowly follow you with their eyes as you move, like a creepy statue. They're also very hard to spook, and usually stay in branch mode even if you try to scare them!
Potoos do the exact same, from what I've read.

Also, I'm not quite sure which of the two species looks more cartoonish.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That chuckle is loving terrifying amidst all the unholy cthulonic mutttering. That is an evil Cockatoo. By even cockatoo standards.
Around 2:30 was pretty nerve wracking. "Don't follow him into the darkness, nothing good can come of this!"

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

CommissarMega posted:

Well, I thought the kid was adorable :3:

OH MY GOD

I am losing it every time she Frankensteins around after dropping the hoop.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Centripetal Horse posted:

OH MY GOD

I am losing it every time she Frankensteins around after dropping the hoop.

If it were a boy i'd think someone went back in time and secretly taped me with a hula hoop as a kid. :kimchi:

The Dreamer
Oct 15, 2013

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

They should probably swing by a church and have that thing exorcised as well.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Cockathulhu

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I imagine waking up in the middle of the night with the bird talking like that must be incredibly terrifying even if you know it does that.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
A Dream Workshop with the New York City Ballet

It's upworthy but gently caress the haters. :3: A mom writes to the NYC Ballet asking for a workshop for her daughter who has cerebral palsy.. so they set up four workshops and invite nineteen kids to come check it out.

They've apparently decided to make this a permanent fixture as well for future kids.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

OldTennisCourt posted:

I imagine waking up in the middle of the night with the bird talking like that must be incredibly terrifying even if you know it does that.

I used to work for the SPCA in Alberta, and we fostered a lot of animals. Usually cats and dogs, but occasionally we'd get weird stuff, like cockatoos. We got a Goffin and an umbrella cockatoo after a couple was evicted from their house, so we kept the birds for about two months. The umbrella cockatoo got really attached to me and so it was easy to teach him a few words, and my favourite was "hello", which he decided was not as fun and went with "holla" instead. He'd do it whenever someone walked into the house, he thought it was great fun. It scared the poo poo out of a lot of people, though, especially if they didn't know we had a bird.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Max the cockatoo is usually a much happier guy, like when he gets treated to a shower via spray bottle and hair dryer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irzPEAYypFw

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Apparently he does those unholy mutterings because his former owner used to work with CB radio equipment or something. Max is great, his owner puts up a new video every day and they're almost always hilarious.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

For those who didn't get this on [their favourite social media channel] today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A4Z4N3JZXA

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Well that's just lovely :kimchi:

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Nordick posted:

Potoos do the exact same, from what I've read.

Also, I'm not quite sure which of the two species looks more cartoonish.

IMO, the hierarchy of muppety birds is:
1. Potoos
2. Frogmouths
3. Bitterns
4. Burrowing Owls
5. Night Herons

Also, I came across a mother river otter taking her baby out to fish on Monday. I shot a lot of footage and tried to record some audio of the baby's squeaks, but they were pretty faint and there were some hippies having a jam session in the background so I don't know if I'll be able to salvage much of the audio. In the mean time, here's a clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eGuq4GuKJ8

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

mcbexx posted:

For those who didn't get this on [their favourite social media channel] today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A4Z4N3JZXA

I loved the look on the face of the girl with the red top. :3:

And that ballet video was beautiful.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
What no I can't handle this.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

It's a caterpillar

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Dreamer posted:

They should probably swing by a church and have that thing exorcised as well.

I have this awful mental image now of his owner tossing the pet carrier onto holy ground just for the whole thing to go "WHOOMF" up in flames the moment it crosses the threshold.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

If it were a boy i'd think someone went back in time and secretly taped me with a hula hoop as a kid. :kimchi:

Or me as an adult about a week ago.

loving things are magical. Damned if I can get the hip wiggle working right, but I'ma keep tryin.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

https://imgur.com/a/vqe2j

The story of a beat up cat that got a loving home named Tank. Not my kitty but it is so cute.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I love this picture a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
On my walk to work I saw this note on the ground near a freeway onramp.

• Locked thread