Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
shin GOLD ramyun. added like half a rotiss chicken and all its congealed fat to the pot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Brunch was a big hash brown topped with sliced avocado, bacon, tomato and egg

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Tonight my Lady made ramen, however she overcooked the noodles which extracted the starches and make for such a luxurious mouthfeel, but while sacrificing the chew of the noodles.

Next time we make ramen we are going to throw in 5-10% of the ramen noodles when building broth and let them dissolve into nothing, then blend it.

That should make a really complex texture that will let us cook the remainder of the noodles and veg to perfection.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Pre-marinated "Greek inspired" pork tenderloin marked down to $1.99 total, baked potato with cottage cheese, Costco fire roasted melange vegetables, and some weird small canned biscuits that were on sale.

The pork is super salty. I mean more than the usual pre-marinated stuff. Everything is good though!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Unless it's wildly over the top something too salty is something I'll clock but still go with

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Instant pot chicken Tikka, rice, and naan. It's nuts how cheap indian food is when you make it yourself. Next step is learning to make my own naan, make it even cheaper.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
naan is really easy, and even simpler if you've got a pizza stone laying around

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Roundup Ready posted:

Instant pot chicken Tikka, rice, and naan. It's nuts how cheap indian food is when you make it yourself. Next step is learning to make my own naan, make it even cheaper.

Indian cusine is "poor people food+" it's perfect for the money conscience and if you add more expensive ingredients, you can upfrade it significantly.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

MANWICH!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a can of Manwich in my cupboard and about 5lbs of frozen ground beef in my freezer. Separated into 1lb bags.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Pre-marinated "Greek inspired" pork tenderloin marked down to $1.99 total, baked potato with cottage cheese, Costco fire roasted melange vegetables, and some weird small canned biscuits that were on sale.

The pork is super salty. I mean more than the usual pre-marinated stuff. Everything is good though!

Exactly this again.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I have a can of Manwich in my cupboard and about 5lbs of frozen ground beef in my freezer. Separated into 1lb bags.

Exactly this again.

Manwich….hotdog

With shaker parm on top

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a sexual elk posted:

Manwich….hotdog

With shaker parm on top

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I do this with leftover vegetables - It's probably not healthy.

I've found a new ingredient to play with; Twaróg. I went in armed with a recipe this time - unlike the last time with tofu.

These are called Syrniki - cottage cheese pancakes. I just drizzled some honey on top - they were great.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Woah. That sounds right up my alley.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

chorizo and bell peppers on mango pineapple salsa w queso and cilantro garnish

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Trying to read the secret message the peppers spell out like it’s some cryptic custom liscense plate

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Clearly H_K to start. HSK? HCK?

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Please solve this captcha to verify that you're human.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Reheating some wild mushroom risotto that I made last night. Paired with steamed broccoli. Just tossed a strawberry rhubarb crisp in the oven for dessert. Rhubarb is from our back yard, is basically a weed at this point.

Edit: poo poo, I should grab some ice cream to top the crisp with

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This again for the 3rd night in a row. I, as always, made way too much.

I'm going to try to make some sort of sauerkraut soup with the rest of my leftover pork loin. I've only made like one or two soups ever in my life. I have a recipe that I'm looking at but I think I'm just gonna mostly play it by ear.

Here goes nothing!

It looks pretty plain but it quite flavorful. I wish I didn't make so freaking much of it though.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

going to see skating polly at cat's cradle. got chorizo burritos

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I've eaten a lot of chorizo of late

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I've eaten a lot of chorizo of late

The correct choice.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

This again for the 3rd night in a row. I, as always, made way too much.

Soup freezes really well. I love to make soup, but I live alone, and always make too much. My dad got me these silicone freezer molds that make one cup pucks of frozen soup. You can freeze them and then put them in a Ziploc bag for future reheating

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Roundup Ready posted:

Reheating some wild mushroom risotto that I made last night. Paired with steamed broccoli. Just tossed a strawberry rhubarb crisp in the oven for dessert. Rhubarb is from our back yard, is basically a weed at this point.

Edit: poo poo, I should grab some ice cream to top the crisp with

Turned out really well, and I happened to have some ice cream in the freezer. Really tasty

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love rhubarb. When I was a kid and stayed home sick from school I'd go to my grandma's and we'd pick rhubarb from her garden and make a pie. She'd give me some cut up stalks to dip in a bowl of sugar.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Souvlaki!

Got some stuff to toss into pita when it's done

Edit: lettuce, feta, cuc, cherry tomatoes, hummus, and garlic sauce.

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 27, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Chili dogs and burgers

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Made beans and rice with all the fixins.

We made a few pickles yesterday (cucumber w/ too much arbol, onion with significantly less arbol, serrano w/ vinegar, and carrot lox) so I picked one, onion, and used it for tonight's dinner. My Lady chose the hellish cucumbers.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Kung pao tofu

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

That looks really nice, gotta love the chili crisp too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
One of those Meijer brocolli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts, potato with cottage cheese, Costco fire roasted veggies, and biscuits. :yum:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Chicken broccoli parm pasta

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

humble basil & tomato

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going to try to make meatloaf and mashed potatoes tonight.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I'm going to try to make meatloaf and mashed potatoes tonight.

It took a while but I did it. I bought ground beef on sale 2 months ago and froze a bunch. I had to buy a potato masher because I never make my own mashed potatoes. Everything turned out pretty good. I used a recipe for the meatloaf and as usual didn't realize how much it would be. It's just 2lbs of beef but the breadcrumbs really filled it up. It's a little grainy but tastes great and mostly held it's shape but it's still a little loose. That's the hard part.

I like keeping the skin on the mashers. For the broccoli it was just frozen but I tossed it with a little balsamic vinaigrette.

:yum:

I used a packet for the gravy. It was lumpy and the lumps would not come out. :mad:

Overall it was good though! I'm just glad all of us are cooking at home! :chef:

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Made a garlic parmesan mushroom zucchini with diced jalapeno. Put it on mashed potatoes with some diced pickled serrano mixed in.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

I like keeping the skin on the mashers. For the broccoli it was just frozen but I tossed it with a little balsamic vinaigrette.

Consider mixing cooked broccoli into the mash. Not only is it pretty but its drat tasty.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Sounds amazing actually...