Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Oh yeah, the good ol "Just gonna let my heel skate across the fast moving pavem-" FWOOSH!! "OW gently caress is my hip dislocated why does my ankle hurt so bad??'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

is there some kind of scooter that can't roll backwards, or is this person just stupid?

https://i.imgur.com/3MBj4GC.mp4

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Search your heart

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
A crime has been committed

From this

To goddamn this

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I feel physically nauseous now. Thanks.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I felt a pang of anguish when I saw the second pic, gently caress you

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Googling if Oregon has the death penalty

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

At least give it a bosozuku style exhaust

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
What The gently caress

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That looks suspiciously like "wrecked and busted all the plastic and decided to cheap out on replacement parts".

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

At least give it a bosozuku style exhaust

A good bosozuku bike would have kept the fairing, just like 3 feet above the rider

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Midjack posted:

That looks suspiciously like "wrecked and busted all the plastic and decided to cheap out on replacement parts".

This is 98% of cafe racer listings yes

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Some build crime in progress pics

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

For gently caress'S sake. Straight to loving prison

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
When you really really only want to go straight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8MR01Lwgv0

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
This hurts, that poor innocent bike

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

All that “effort” and left the tires mismatched :hellyeah:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Some build crime in progress pics

Okay what the gently caress.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

For gently caress'S sake. Straight to loving prison

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Making it look easy: the supercut

Honda CB400 Super 4 tear down and fixup https://imgur.com/gallery/V8Og14o

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I love those bikes

The perfect balance of stupid and sensible

ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Making it look easy: the supercut

Honda CB400 Super 4 tear down and fixup https://imgur.com/gallery/V8Og14o

Palate cleanser after the previous atrocity. Everything laid out on trays like a parts fiche is very calming.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fake, never have there been a rack of carbs that have come off that easy, much less come off that easy from a Honda

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Runs on propane lookin rear end bike

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Slide Hammer posted:

Just casually lowering a limb into a 1-grit belt sander.

This made my day, and holy rollercoaster of a thread since then.

Some sweet rear end family pics nicely done droogs

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

After 3 months (and perhaps 1 or 2 days of actual work) this thing's on the road again, for now.
I did a fork revision for the first time in my life, but i turned out to not just need the seals, but also need the sliding bushings too - which i at first tried to source separately but couldn't find. Eventually bought a full revision set.
It's a huge difference, much less dive under braking.

It also had a case of squishy brakes after sitting for a few months, which was caused by the front brake line running in a kind of 'hump' and it took me a while to see that bubbles can get trapped there. Which is caused by the brake master being from a gixxer, which makes the brake line run in a weird way.
Not completely satisfied with the brake performance, i'm gonna order some fresh pads because they appear as if some crap has crumbled off, they're done for even though they have plenty of material left.

Now to do a revision on the SV650s rear brake. At least i have one functional bike now.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

(smoked Christmas ham)

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Kudos to yall riding in the cold, winter havers. While I’ll complain about getting cold in my leathers when it’s in the 60s.

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
Has this gem from the OSHA thread been posted yet?

https://i.imgur.com/JzA085t.mp4

You can tell which vehicle he loves the most, I can empathise.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

We've had a couple of posters over the years who've had their bikes burn down while working on them, too. That's why you always keep the fire extinguisher right next to you when you're doing any work involving the fuel system. Even that little weeny one he got from his truck might have been able to take care of it if he'd used it in the first couple of seconds.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chopped up metric cruiser owner getting what they deserve

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

At least pop the truck in neutral and let it roll back. The wiring and hoses are gonna be toast, and at least initially it wasn’t actually on fire, just above one

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
It was cold today, but I managed an hour ride, my fingers were pretty cold when I got back. The heated grips are good to about 45F and it was 43 when I left and probably colder up here overlooking Portland.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Very nice. I was out on my KX250 in the Tillamook State Forest for a couple hours yesterday. 34 miles of trails

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Rusty posted:

It was cold today, but I managed an hour ride, my fingers were pretty cold when I got back. The heated grips are good to about 45F and it was 43 when I left and probably colder up here overlooking Portland.

Nice! Yamaha should do more gold wheels.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Rusty posted:

Sweet!

I spent about 3 hours out today, riding down to McMinnville and back up to Portland. It was gorgeous when I left and then about 20 miles from McMinnville I hit a wall of cloud cover and it dropped a good 10-20 degrees F.

Not my most interesting trip, but all my favorite places involve a lot of tree cover or elevation change and both those things tend to mean ice this time of year. I can’t loving wait until April or May when it will be wet, but nothing will be frozen.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The valley had a lot of low cloud cover/fog yesterday. Once I got up to Brown's Camp, it was sunny and about 45 degrees. Forest Grove was foggy and 42, for comparison

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Sounds fun, I need a bike I can ride to Brown's camp. Also more gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey_Redd
Jun 12, 2008
That poor Yamaha :(

Joey_Redd fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 3, 2024