Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DrChud posted:

What was the best way to wash LEGO again? I remember it involved a washer. My friends new cat apparently has been using his sons LEGO storage crate as litter box

Separate out any printed pieces and any pieces with stickers.

Put all printed pieces in a pot and use dish soap and cold water. Just use your hand to swirl stuff around and rub each piece with your fingers. Rinse with cold water.
Anything with stickers use a paper towel that might be slightly damp.
Everything else, separate into mesh bags like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Laundry-Hosi...98028585&sr=8-5

Wash in a top load washer in cold water with detergent on the gentlest setting. Rinse twice.

Lay out all pieces to dry on a towel. You can have a fan blow over them or just cover with another towel. You can arrange them with the bottoms facing down to dry faster, as well.

Some people like to separate the trans pieces from the rest and do those by hand. I've had no problems in the washer the way I do it.

One last little thing is some pieces will dry slower due to holding water. You can whack them into your palm to dislodge some of the water. This isn't really needed but can speed up the process on bigger bricks. This doesn't ever seem to be necessary on plates.

There is a different wash procedure for cloth pieces. But I won't go into that at this time.

I'd avoid washing in a dishwasher as there is no agitation. And most pieces aren't going to get the same amount of water on them. It seems a good way not to get your pieces very clean.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I dry my Lego with a salad tumbler. Just swirl a bit, stop so they settle at the bottom, swirl a bit, etc. Every time they settle some of the pieces change orientation so after a few swirls you have sentrifuged most of the water out of them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ineptitude posted:

I dry my Lego with a salad tumbler. Just swirl a bit, stop so they settle at the bottom, swirl a bit, etc. Every time they settle some of the pieces change orientation so after a few swirls you have sentrifuged most of the water out of them.

Ah yes. I forgot to add this step.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If the cat is pissing in the legos, you're going to have to remove any stickers, because you're not getting cat pee out of stickers.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My brother asked me to re-create another famous scene. Quick and dirty.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

now do goatse, there isn't a lego version out there and yes I googled for one.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
We do not deserve legoatse

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
that lego artist guy should make a giant lego goatse, that yellow guy opening himself up is halfway there

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Groverhaus floorplan would actually make a decent Lego house since none of the design features need to be in sync with reality when housing minifigs

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Think about how many of these pieces you’ll need to construct Lego Groverhaus and you won’t even see them after the walls and stairs are finished.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

To be true to the original they’d need to make you balance some of the beams on the edge of unattached plates, and possibly demand you build the whole thing on a pillow.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

My brother asked me to re-create another famous scene. Quick and dirty.

lol

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Anias posted:

To be true to the original they’d need to make you balance some of the beams on the edge of unattached plates, and possibly demand you build the whole thing on a pillow.

Load-bearing #57895.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
A random smattering of new HP and SW sets was at Target today. Not the dang AT-AT that I wanted though.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Lego Art set review: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/08/21/lego-art-31199-marvel-studios-iron-man-mosaic-7000-piece-ultimate-build-review/

Does not seem especially fun but I like that the colors are separated.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/_rabbbit/status/1297008937187733504

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress this knock off lego, the peices are and go together well, but the instrustions are poo poo and there's lots of weird illegal poo poo going on... i'll finish it though

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I took a break from my big MOC when Corona blew up as i was preparing it for an event that got cancelled due to the fact.

I've recently picked up the MOCing again and the first order of business is to count the lots of the last few orders i received, as i never counted them back early this year.

The orders seems to have gotten purged from Bricklink. Anything i can do here to get them back? The way i count is to paste the BL purchase order web page into Excel (keeping destination formatting) , doing some quick formatting to get it the way i like it then mark the lots as i count them.
The list of parts in an order in the emails you get when placing an order doesn't let me format in the same way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Seems like people have been dumping on lego for being a horrible garbage company the past few pages, so let's flip that around with this:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ieksi4/we_are_the_team_behind_the_fanmade_openworld_rpg/

Big faceless corporation actually allowing a fan made game to exist? It's a 2020 miracle.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Any Florida goons know what the big LEGO meet ups are? I liveclose to Orlando, so the closer the better. Obviously if/when The States ever get past covid.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

VaultAggie posted:

Any Florida goons know what the big LEGO meet ups are? I liveclose to Orlando, so the closer the better. Obviously if/when The States ever get past covid.

There’s this one in Brooksville, FL, which is about an hour out west from Orlando on route 50.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Dogen posted:

A random smattering of new HP and SW sets was at Target today. Not the dang AT-AT that I wanted though.

It's been out of stock for ages here in australia on lego.com https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/at-at-75288

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's not even officially released yet. Comes out next week.

Both Target and Wal Mart have it available to order online right now in the states, though so who knows. Lego site says AUG 24th.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 22, 2020

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

I almost want to build one of the architecture sets entirely out of star wars grey or one of the star wars sets entirely out of architecture beige at this point with how monochromatic those two themes keep trending.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I’m sure part of that is to do with the source material. It’s your job as the builder to make the :pcgaming: version

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah realistically what are they going to do with Star Wars? The source material has a ton of gray stuff. It doesn’t make for the funnest builds around but ultimately people want stuff to have accurate colors.

The early Star Wars stuff had a lot of weird/inaccurate colors. I suspect it was because LEGO was resistant to making such monochromatic sets, but the result was that it kind of looked like poo poo.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah realistically what are they going to do with Star Wars? The source material has a ton of gray stuff. It doesn’t make for the funnest builds around but ultimately people want stuff to have accurate colors.

The early Star Wars stuff had a lot of weird/inaccurate colors. I suspect it was because LEGO was resistant to making such monochromatic sets, but the result was that it kind of looked like poo poo.

Errant Venture set that opens to have the multi deck bazaar with microfigs. :rock:

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

It was my daily FaceTime call with the kids yesterday and my 6 year old son pipes up, "HEY DAD, CHECK OUT WHAT WE GOT"

Oh sweet, it's one of the Mario sets. I told their mom, "Holy poo poo, that is pricey, you got that for him?"

"Oh, it was only $20." You see where this is going.

This was my full weekend with them and the hunt was on, we needed to get the Mario. I wanted to have a dinner picnic with them at the beach so I reached out to a mall out by the beach and we made the trek. Oh if it only it was so easy.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/e3GFedC.jpg:nws:

So I found out my son doesn't like going down escalators. My 4 year old daughter? No problem. I fell running up those loving stairs twice before I got my son. And now he won't stop telling me about how I should've just taken the other stairs so I wouldn't get hurt.

These sets better be loving sick.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The star wars sets I've liked most are the ones with lots of colors.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
On the subject of monochromatic Star Wars, I picked up the Grievous fighter and it’s a really nice little model that’s mostly dark grey with splashes of pearl gold, and then whatever the striping on the wing roots is.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 23, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Who is the white guy in the cowboy hat?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 23, 2020

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Just placed my first order on Pick a Brick. They actually have an absolutely enormous selection of pieces on the website compared to the physical store. Says it will take 20 days- we'll see how it goes!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Ordered the new SW things I wanted because I am a consumer whore. Weirdly the Bespin set is indeed launching separately as promised on the 27th I guess because it's not up tonight like I thought it might be.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Lego experts: What are the odds that I'd be flushing money down the toilet/getting my identity stolen if I assumed this was a legit deal?
http://shop.toyshouse.shop/

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

IG-88 posted:

It was my daily FaceTime call with the kids yesterday and my 6 year old son pipes up, "HEY DAD, CHECK OUT WHAT WE GOT"

Oh sweet, it's one of the Mario sets. I told their mom, "Holy poo poo, that is pricey, you got that for him?"

"Oh, it was only $20." You see where this is going.

This was my full weekend with them and the hunt was on, we needed to get the Mario. I wanted to have a dinner picnic with them at the beach so I reached out to a mall out by the beach and we made the trek. Oh if it only it was so easy.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/e3GFedC.jpg:nws:

So I found out my son doesn't like going down escalators. My 4 year old daughter? No problem. I fell running up those loving stairs twice before I got my son. And now he won't stop telling me about how I should've just taken the other stairs so I wouldn't get hurt.

These sets better be loving sick.

They kinda suck.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Lego experts: What are the odds that I'd be flushing money down the toilet/getting my identity stolen if I assumed this was a legit deal?

You mean you don’t think that Lego has a site that sells everyhting for a 1/10th its normal value? Was it the fact that one of the tabs in the menu is spelled INFORMATIONS that gave it away?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Lemniscate Blue posted:

High. Very high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

drgitlin posted:

You mean you don’t think that Lego has a site that sells everyhting for a 1/10th its normal value? Was it the fact that one of the tabs in the menu is spelled INFORMATIONS that gave it away?

Honestly just go on AliExpress and order bootleg sets there, at least you'll get a legit bootleg copy set.