Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Normy posted:

I had a headache today but I drank coconut water instead of taking Tylenol. Will I die?

Yes but only because anything from coconut is disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Wirth1000 posted:

Yes but only because anything from coconut is disgusting.

But coconut oil bro...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Postess with the Mostest posted:

But coconut oil bro...

Ok, alright, I guess every disgusting thing has at least one thing going for it.... like how Conservatives.... uh.... hm... yah, coconut oil is great.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, alright, I guess every disgusting thing has at least one thing going for it.... like how Conservatives.... uh.... hm... yah, coconut oil is great.

We can meet in the middle and say that anything that tastes like coconut is disgusting.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I grew up eating and drinking young coconut and I find the current coconut water products loving disgusting.

Once again white people

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

namaste faggots posted:

I grew up eating and drinking young coconut and I find the current coconut water products loving disgusting.

Once again white people

Agreed. And I'm white.

e: marketed coconut water just tastes like stale industrial byproduct whereas the real thing has a subtle taste and is quite thirst quenching

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ive had a few bad experiences with coconut water but otherwise coconut owns

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Not to be confused with Dollarama's "Island Bar" which is... well it is to people who like Bounty what people who hate coconut things say Bounty is.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

why are you buying candy and chips at dollarama?

ugh

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm amazed Dollarama hasn't been sued cause a lot of their knockoff candy packaging is practically a spitting image of the real things.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Development posted:

ugh

For science, of course.

The branded ones are fine.

also

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Development posted:

ugh

Whoa dude, calm down. You're not you when you're hungry. Here, have a Titan.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm amazed Dollarama hasn't been sued cause a lot of their knockoff candy packaging is practically a spitting image of the real things.

Dollarama is pretty careful to have anything they produce a knockoff of to have expired patents so they can't be sued for that reason. Anything they can't knock off they goto to the company and ask them to make a smaller portion of so they can sell it for 2 bux.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
TSE:DOL is a solid choice, welcome to the future of retail.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

We can meet in the middle and say that anything that tastes like coconut is disgusting.

Here's the rule: sweet things with coconut are gross, savoury things are fine. Coconut flesh itself is to be considered sweet for purposes of this rule.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Best part is buying a 2 dollar bag of skittles thinking you just found a cheap way to get skittles but then realize they are made with cheaper ingredients and taste like poo poo

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Look at all you loving poors

Development
Jun 2, 2016

when I was a kid BiWay actually had a decent amount of 'ok' stuff.

miss u BiWay

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Femtosecond posted:

lol ok. Maybe if Minister responsible for Translink Fassbender had actually delivered on any sort of transit expansion whatsoever while the Federal Liberals were dangling bags of cash to do so he would have been reelected and the Liberals wouldn't have gotten roasted in Metro Vancouver.

I bet Abbotsford South MLA Darryl Plecas probably thinks they weren't right wing enough. What a bunch of clueless morons.

When Fassbender was elected in 2013, everyone went and said, "he's going to fix TransLink due to his time on the Mayor's Council" and then we ended up with the stupid referendum failing because the Liberals opted for its failure.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

CIBC trying to whitewash pride into some kind of patriotic event, like its not even about gay people anymore. STAND FOR CANADA :patriot:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://thebreaker.news/news/caucus-showdown/

quote:

“I talked to the caucus the day before [her July 28 resignation], I asked them all, did they want me to stay, did they want me to go?” Clark said July 31 in Vancouver. “Every single person in the room asked me to stay.”

That is not the way it went down, according to two independent sources intimately familiar with the caucus retreat at the Penticton Lakeside Resort. Clark chose to quit instead of being dumped.

IN PENTICTON, PROF. PLECAS PRESSED PREVIOUS PREMIER.

Clark had repeatedly vowed to stick around as both the MLA for Kelowna West and the opposition leader — “as long as my caucus wants me to” — after losing the June 29 confidence vote that led to the NDP’s John Horgan becoming premier. The June 22 “clone speech,” which copped parts of the NDP and Green platforms that her party campaigned against, backfired and threw the party into an identity crisis. She was a lame duck.

The sources told theBreaker that, during the retreat, Abbotsford South MLA Darryl Plecas demanded a review of Clark’s leadership. He even threatened to quit caucus and sit as an independent when the Legislature reopens this fall.

Plecas was not alone in the release of pent-up anger directed at Clark. Of the prevailing mood at the retreat, one of the sources said bluntly: “It was really ugly.”

lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

THC posted:

CIBC trying to whitewash pride into some kind of patriotic event, like its not even about gay people anymore. STAND FOR CANADA :patriot:

I for one welcome the rapidly approaching singularity of intersectional branding

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

I for one welcome the rapidly approaching singularity of intersectional branding

I look forward to the intense backlash from gays in wheelchairs.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 26, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

James Baud posted:

Isn't this black lives matter's fault?

BLM manages marketing strategy for CIBC?

I look forward to the intense backlash from gays in wheelchairs.

Right? It's ableist as gently caress.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

James Baud posted:

Isn't this black lives matter's fault?

To you, what is BLM at fault for? :allears:

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

so what you're saying is they're just as dumb as you are

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

James Baud posted:

Are you being intentionally obtuse? BLM Canada made it very clear last year that Pride is also all about generic fringe group causes du jour so CIBC's marketing department has reacted by trying to be inclusive of those kinds of things in a vague "yeah, it's whatever you want it to be" way.

Yeah, the I Stand For ______ isn't BLMs fault, it's the LGBTQs community for being overly inclusive to their own detriment. Should've drawn the line after LG in my opinion, good walls make good neighbours. eg

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

^^^I don't even want to know where you had to go to find that.

So we're back to BLM co-opted pride, because you can be PoC or LGBTQ, but not both.

Also, the group protesting disproportionate use of force against PoC is fringe.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ezra Levant: Oh yeah? We'll build our own YouTube, with hookers and blackjack! But we need you to pay for it.

You know, 'cause YouTube hurt our revenue stream when they lumped us in with ISIS.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

James Baud posted:

I'd call my state benignly not giving a gently caress.

Alternate theory: they were having a hard time settling on which random string of letters and symbols following LGB would offend the fewest people, and avoiding it altogether evidently worked swimmingly.

For someone who claims to benignly not give a gently caress your takes are still both incredibly stupid and surprisingly concerned.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Ezra Levant: Oh yeah? We'll build our own YouTube, with hookers and blackjack! But we need you to pay for it.

You know, 'cause YouTube hurt our revenue stream when they lumped us in with ISIS.

Haha. I'd like to see them handle such a monumental task without going bankrupt. Levant has no clue about how much in the way of resources you need for such a service.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

James Baud posted:

Are you being intentionally obtuse? BLM Canada made it very clear last year that Pride is also all about generic fringe group causes du jour so CIBC's marketing department has reacted by trying to be inclusive of those kinds of things in a vague "yeah, it's whatever you want it to be" way.

Sorry. I cannot get over the whole "BLM kills babies" or whatever flavour you're trying to distil today. Tell me, do "all lives matter" to you?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Lain Iwakura posted:

Levant has no clue

This would probably suffice. Although that supposes they have any intention of actually building a content distribution app.

e: If they ever find they have to show some work they'll probably just license some white-label streaming app and some overseas video hosting service that doesn't give a gently caress about content.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 4, 2017

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 26, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

What is it you dislike about BLM?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

your entire argument is based on strawmanning blm and lgbt rights you dumb fucker lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

What is it you dislike about BLM?

I don't like the melanin shaming tbh, not one bit. I was born this way, I can't change it!