Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

James Baud posted:

I'd call my state benignly not giving a gently caress.

Alternate theory: they were having a hard time settling on which random string of letters and symbols following LGB would offend the fewest people, and avoiding it altogether evidently worked swimmingly.

so yes basically your argument is that they are just as dense and ignorant as you are and should never talk about gay pride ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

THC posted:

CIBC trying to whitewash pride into some kind of patriotic event, like its not even about gay people anymore. STAND FOR CANADA :patriot:

Cultural appropriation. But really, Christmas is commercialized, why not Pride.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
how come there's no sexy burqa float at pride

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

namaste faggots posted:

how come there's no sexy burqa float at pride

BLM asked them not to march in uniform because of past discrimination

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
There is a gap in inclusivity by not including cis-burqa wearers

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I think it speaks glowingly about our culture that Pride is so low-stakes that an intersectional minority of a minority was able to shut it down and make threats that were seriously considered, while at the same time corporations are deeming it profitable and advantageous to brand such events. I look forward to Pride's increasing irrelevance in the years to come.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ugh, where is Straight Pride Day!?!?!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
What about White History Month??!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
As soon as pride becomes so mainstream that it insists on the same extremely bland completely inoffensive all inclusiveness in programming and performers that most Canadian events strive to achieve it's going to stop being any good to attend.

At least the Canada Games stuff includes athletics so it's still interesting enough to attend.

MB won bronze in women's bball Man that was a good game. The shortest player on the MB women's team was also one of their best players holy hell she had eyes on the back of her head.

Watching the men's game now but TBH it's not nearly as interesting, they need to raise the net for men's bball.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Pride should be whatever the people from the LGBT community organizing it what it to be in every city. If they don't want straights or cops or BLM or maybe they do, whatever, it's their parade/protest. Always has been, always will be.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

DariusLikewise posted:

Pride should be whatever the people from the LGBT community organizing it what it to be in every city. If they don't want straights or cops or BLM or maybe they do, whatever, it's their parade/protest. Always has been, always will be.

But what if you fall into the person of colour camp and into the pride camp. Or the police officer and pride camp?

Should we have white non law enforcement queer day separate from person of colour ttc operator appreciation day?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

1969: We need to rally against people getting detaining and beaten by police for just being LGBT
2017: Cis-gendered white straight people getting upset because the mean gays don't like them being at their parade

Risky Bisquick posted:

But what if you fall into the person of colour camp and into the pride camp. Or the police officer and pride camp?

Should we have white non law enforcement queer day separate from person of colour ttc operator appreciation day?

I hope you are being facetious

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Genomics: Tackling the big problems:

https://www.helix.com/shop/vinome-wine-explorer
https://www.basepaws.com

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Honestly forget pride, go to Khalsa day because the Sikhs welcome all AND you get great food. I bet you Jagmeet would be there too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SO9A8KXjdc

DariusLikewise posted:

I hope you are being facetious

The truth is out there

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 4, 2017

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

James Baud posted:

Does that come from too much time on Twitter?

No, Tumblr. Get your facts straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js79Kywe_2c

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Does khalsa day have a float in memoriam to victims of dowry homicide

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 26, 2018

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 26, 2018

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/JodieEmery/status/893530011919142912

Hahaha they're loving garbage people. Just shows how capitalist these fuckers are.

Can't wait for Pat Brown to release a statement saying "Drugs are bad mmkay" to please his socon voters.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Why don't they hire goon weedlord hero Frank's happy place

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Follow up to show she's covering all her bases.
https://twitter.com/JodieEmery/status/893555265806708736

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

James Baud posted:

I checked what the video was and that's actually pretty fitting since you're still trying to hit those strawmen out of the park.

What next, maybe an absurd avatar for me from American History X or something as an enduring token to how warped your reality is?

The BLM Canada chick is an idiot and a discredit to the legitimacy of a decent cause. I'd liken her to Eric Grenier, getting wildly disproportionate and undeserved attention because she adds some local colour.

Who the gently caress cares about Eric "I never took stats" Grenier

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

That's not surprising. There's an overlap of NDP/CPC voters; it's a small demographic but it does exist

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

James Baud posted:

The BLM Canada chick is an idiot and a discredit to the legitimacy of a decent cause. I'd liken her to Eric Grenier, getting wildly disproportionate and undeserved attention because she adds some local colour.

heyooooooo

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

There's absolutely a group of what I'd call "weed libertarians" that are hard right on economic issues and totally a grab bag on social issues other than LEGALIZE WEED. They vote for any party that will legalize weed, but held in almost equal regard is all the same poo poo "small business" folks eat up. They want low/no taxes on their business, they want to be able to pay their staff nothing and follow no labour laws. A lot of these people are ex drug dealers or failed day-traders or lovely "serial entrepreneurs" looking for the next get rich quick scheme and they think pot is it. They feel very much like people associated with the whole "vape industry", absolute scum looking to push a product to make as much money as possible.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I bet they have blockchain startups on the side

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Arabian Jesus posted:

That's not surprising. There's an overlap of NDP/CPC voters; it's a small demographic but it does exist

wheres the marxist lennists though

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Risky Bisquick posted:

Honestly forget pride, go to Khalsa day because the Sikhs welcome all AND you get great food. I bet you Jagmeet would be there too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SO9A8KXjdc

The truth is out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Nl7VYFEaI

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm the Canada Research Excellence Chair in Weed Brains at Laval University.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/benwest/status/893650493410553860

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

In more important news: Canada geese used to feed D.C. homeless, with this photo:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
so you're telling me a bunch of those annoying making GBS threads pests got killed, and also a bunch of homeless people got food out of the deal?

What's the downside?

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

Besides the lack of goodwill from the previous government, what slowed down the provincial investigation? Anemic staff and resources?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

Besides the lack of goodwill from the previous government, what slowed down the provincial investigation? Anemic staff and resources?

There bclp did nothing. Literally loving nothing.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

eXXon posted:

In more important news: Canada geese used to feed D.C. homeless, with this photo:

We should do this here

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You don't want to scare away the job creators. If you punish them for their misdeeds, they'll move their mine somewhere else.

lol gently caress BC

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I unironically love Canadian Geese and, yes, I've been chased by many and have had to alter my daily life to go around their nests.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Major, 5 figure donations to the BC Liberal Party by the mining company and key people in it

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
How is that not criminal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Lol. Welcome to BC.