Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
JPEGMAFIA just dropped a pretty bonkers new track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beXeYGXqJRQ

Crazy rear end beat. The vocal samples kind of made me think of The Avalanches for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXr5rfdB8DM

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

who the gently caress is this guy?

e ok never mind this is hot

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 20, 2020

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Marc is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZmtl3l1R9A

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

alansmithee posted:

Man this makes me really wish there was a new Portishead album. Third was so loving good. Also the Weeknd totally ripped off Machine Gun lol. Just shamelessly.

It doesn't help that "Belong to the World" is trash, and "Machine Gun" is incredible. I think it was Geoff Barrow who said he could die happy after they had Chuck D rap over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBm4sDPJDNQ

Sidenote: Barrow was trying to sound like a DJ Premier beat when he produced "Machine Gun".

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 21, 2020

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New Weeknd is okay but it goes on too long and all kinda blends together after a while

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Really enjoyed this episode. As a producer, watching Marc lay down absolutely sick loops in a matter of minutes is incredibly impressive.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

prayer group posted:

Crazy rear end beat. The vocal samples kind of made me think of The Avalanches for some reason?

this owns

this also owns. marc has the best gyrations in music.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I really enjoyed The Weeknd album

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnbL-Hm-xws

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
as the thread's premiere sada baby stan i feel obliged to let everyone know skuba sada 2 has dropped. it's just over 30 minutes of sada having fun and cracking jokes with unique flows over sick beats.

he also top 3 cave appearances don't @ me

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

What's the weeknd fan consensus on Starboy? That's the only album I've listened to of his, and I listened to it a lot and listened to it a lot, but apparently fans dont like it?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Marching Powder posted:

as the thread's premiere sada baby stan i feel obliged to let everyone know skuba sada 2 has dropped. it's just over 30 minutes of sada having fun and cracking jokes with unique flows over sick beats.

he also top 3 cave appearances don't @ me

Sada is unstoppable I can’t believe how consistently the guy is mixing things up, never the same flow twice.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Besson posted:

Sada is unstoppable I can’t believe how consistently the guy is mixing things up, never the same flow twice.

yeah he mixes it up so much i refuse to believe that he hasn't done something that's in everyone's lane at some point. i guarantee there's something you'll like on every tape of his.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

soupy. posted:

What's the weeknd fan consensus on Starboy? That's the only album I've listened to of his, and I listened to it a lot and listened to it a lot, but apparently fans dont like it?
I love it v:shobon:v

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Starboy has way more good tracks than the new one but I still find a lot of it boring.

Everyone should listen to HOUSE OF BALLOONS.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hustlers hustle

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t know who else to say this to but the owl in Animal Crossing just loving said “hootie hoo”

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

I didn’t know who else to say this to but the owl in Animal Crossing just loving said “hootie hoo”

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

hahaha

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

whoa.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Happened to me as well and it loving owned

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Escobarbarian posted:

Incredible, lol.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

prayer group posted:

He's just did an episode of People's Party with Talib Kweli. It's not the best interview Talib's done, but it's funny as gently caress.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/WESTSIDEGUNN/status/1241358920700104704

Holy poo poo.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

soupy. posted:

It has a much bigger pop sound than the stuff that got him famous. Basically if you came up on him from his Balloons trilogy stuff it's gonna sound extremely watered down. If your first experience with him was after that most likely you're a lot more neutral/positive on him. Basically he's leaned hard into more generic pop sounds than his dark rnb tinged early stuff. Which is a bit funny since I don't think his songwriting hasn't changed all that much so you get stuff about him basically being a giant user/jerk over these super poppy and polished sounding beats.

And as someone earlier mentioned, it appears largely that on his new album he's decided to be a "character" rather than making anything original or interesting.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 22, 2020

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

yes!

You all should know at this point, but @dnice is in the 9th hour of a dj set on IG. It's fun.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This could end up amazing but I have a feeling I'll be a tad disappointed. I wanna see him go all unhinged and off balance like Prodigy on Return of the Mac, but I have a feeling he'll be a bit too restrained/cool for that. That said it's a great pairing and has the potential to be as good or even better, just hope everything's over the top.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I dont know about y'all, but I'm listening to Everything's Fine.

Alkaholiks would be my second choice at the moment.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Gambino album has dropped for real this time. Spotify doesn’t even have song titles or album art for it, haha.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skuba Sada 2 still my favourite way to spend 30 minutes

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Slowpoke! posted:

Gambino album has dropped for real this time. Spotify doesn’t even have song titles or album art for it, haha.

I think those are the song names, matches itunes which has the first couple (conveniently cropped) with names

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
smh

give your songs and albums proper titles, people

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

smh

give your songs and albums proper titles, people

He should write proper music as well IMO

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
More UK drill

"Don't slip on the pitch like Gerrard cause that's 2 in your back like Neville"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztyBYVyU_XA

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/therealelp/status/1241840403105660929

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If you told me this Weeknd disc was the Uncut Gems soundtrack I would probably believe you.

I could do without everything before Faith, but I do enjoy the back half a lot. Absolutely here for the Careless Whisper-esque sax. The weakness of the writing is a lot more exposed than usual given the beats but as someone who has wanted the guy to do something different for a long time now, I dig it.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

This absolutely whips

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
After hours deluxe edition has all the right names, too bad they turned in total mid

Also hats off to the blaze for being so good at videography that they bamboozled rappers into thinking that they were also musicians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Just Blaze has been DJing live on IG for like 2+ hours now, username is justblaze