Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ramadu posted:

isn't he the dick pic guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So yeah, he sent a dick/underwear pic to a goonette that posted it here for us to laugh at. There's also an extensive PM chain where the dude goes into the red on creepiness.

Anyway, we started making fun of him publicly for this and here's what he wrote to the goonette:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fun fact, guys like Obey-the-fist and Postapocalyptic_Sky on reddit genuinely believe we photoshopped all evidence of Wulf Knight's depravity.

e: I've been in touch with Obey and he has mentioned that he thinks Wulf is a creepy weirdo and that the chat logs/dick pics are genuine. It seems the great unifier in life is thinking internet creeps are creepy.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 28, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If SC ever does come out griefing that community will be one of the best games ever.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Fun fact, guys like Obey-the-fist and Postapocalyptic_Sky on reddit genuinely believe we photoshopped all evidence of Wulf Knight's depravity.

Sheesh. I mean, we photoshop a lot of stuff. But who has time for all that?

M'lady

M'lady!

M'LADY!!!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

If SC ever does come out griefing that community will be one of the best games ever.

you know, for this alone i kinda wish it would really exist. just to grief them to tears.

gently caress id prolly spend a hundred bucks just to build a grief-chariot.
good thing it will die as a feverdream.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

so even though he is a massive creeplord his supposed dick pic is really more of just a hairy gut pic

:mediocre:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Yolomon Wayne posted:

you know, for this alone i kinda wish it would really exist. just to grief them to tears.

gently caress id prolly spend a hundred bucks just to build a grief-chariot.
good thing it will die as a feverdream.

Here's a page from the Goonrathi tactical manual.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Of course.

Given the awesome-sauce of CIG open development we have to fabricate these things to keep our goon minds entertained.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Ubik_Lives posted:

I have a question for finance goons. Let’s assume that this is indeed a loan the size of their tax return, that’s there to see them to the ‘cons. Their tax return is collateral for the base amount, and everything else F42 owns covers the interest.

But what happens when F42 gets the tax return? It’s sixty days between a default and the bank clearing you out. That’s more than enough time to spend that money. If CIG is still failing at that point, what incentive is there to pay off the loan over keeping the plates spinning for two more months, and what protections does the bank have against this?

I think you got some things mixed up. This appears to be a discount loan, and Freyermuth has called it as such in his statement. A discount loan is a short term loan where the interest is "discounted" from the principal from the beginning, e.g. I borrow $100 from you for 12 months, but only receive $90 in cash from you; a year later I pay you back the full $100. The $10 difference was the discounted interest I paid in advance. CIG's projected tax rebate is the principal, not a collateral, and there will be no interest payment later, it's discounted from the get-go, e.g. they calculated their tax rebate to be £1 million this year and they agree to pay this amount to Coutts in 12 months, in return Coutts gives CIG an advance of £0.9 million today. Everything F42 owns was posted as collateral to cover this arrangement, so if they fail to get the tax rebate next year or for some reason refuse to turn over the tax return to Coutts, Coutts can claim the collaterals. That's their protection against malfeasance.

Freyermuth made it sound like a sure thing, because "they get the money from UK government", but the risk is not that the UK government being unable to pay, but that CIG would not qualify for a tax rebate later on. Otherwise there would be no need to post collaterals (e.g. obtaining short term unsecured credit through commercial papers, if CIG was a blue chip).

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dreams...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/so-star-citizen-is-going-to-have-a-single-shard

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The guys who can't make a loving door work are going to make networking magic. I can't wait.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

AtlantisMantis posted:

Hey Lazrin, is 3.0 out yet?

I have it on really good authority that 3.0 is coming before the end of June and SA tears will flow because it is going to make the game so good!

On a slightly related note--does a "game" have to have any game mechanics to be considered the Best drat Space Minimally Viable Product Ever? Or is the absence of game mechanics simply considered an open world sandbox with emergent game play?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

When I want frank and honest input from my team I insist on them being filmed.

Jeez you people.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

The guys who can't make a loving door work are going to make networking magic. I can't wait.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

lol

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ןoן

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Shanghaied posted:

Freyermuth made it sound like a sure thing, because "they get the money from UK government", but the risk is not that the UK government being unable to pay, but that CIG would not qualify for a tax rebate later on. Otherwise there would be no need to post collaterals (e.g. obtaining short term unsecured credit through commercial papers, if CIG was a blue chip).
"It's totally risk free!"
*posts everything they own and will ever own as collateral at the pawn shop*

Even funnier is that for a few million quid apparently you too can hold in mortgage the entirety of CIG's work on S42. Even when examined in the best light favorable to the company it still looks like poo poo.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

I think you got some things mixed up. This appears to be a discount loan, and Freyermuth has called it as such in his statement. A discount loan is a short term loan where the interest is "discounted" from the principal from the beginning, e.g. I borrow $100 from you for 12 months, but only receive $90 in cash from you; a year later I pay you back the full $100. The $10 difference was the discounted interest I paid in advance. CIG's projected tax rebate is the principal, not a collateral, and there will be no interest payment later, it's discounted from the get-go, e.g. they calculated their tax rebate to be £1 million this year and they agree to pay this amount to Coutts in 12 months, in return Coutts gives CIG an advance of £0.9 million today. Everything F42 owns was posted as collateral to cover this arrangement, so if they fail to get the tax rebate next year or for some reason refuse to turn over the tax return to Coutts, Coutts can claim the collaterals. That's their protection against malfeasance.

It's obvious that CIG doesn't need the money, if they did they would have waited to get the tax rebate rather than give a percentage of it to the bank to get an advance.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

HycoCam posted:

I have it on really good authority that 3.0 is coming before the end of June and SA tears will flow because it is going to make the game so good!

On a slightly related note--does a "game" have to have any game mechanics to be considered the Best drat Space Minimally Viable Product Ever? Or is the absence of game mechanics simply considered an open world sandbox with emergent game play?

It's less of a sandbox and more of a litterbox.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Exinos posted:

Everyone also looks super thrilled.

This is the pre-emotive videoing of the next heartfelt message to backers about how hard they try. Look at the tears in their eyes! Almost there, too. They just needed another week and it'd be ok!

And then wrap it up with a "don't forget our new concept sale!!!"

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Guys, it's because they all know the uk currency is totally about tank because brexit or whatever. They know that getting money now is going to be worth more than getting the same amount in a few months. So they'll take the loan, convert it to USD, watch £ droplike a rock and then revert the original loan back at like 10x the original amount. Crobutts is a visionary currency forecaster, you see.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This is the pre-emotive videoing of the next heartfelt message to backers about how hard they try. Look at the tears in their eyes! Almost there, too. They just needed another week and it'd be ok!

And then wrap it up with a "don't forget our new concept sale!!!"

They think that because the suckers bought it the last time they did it they think that is going to work again. CIG fails to be able to make a ship and on anything seamlessly and they can hang the whole thing up. None of the other features they have cut will mean squat. But let those ships not land on a planet/asteroid or whatever they are calling it and it is game over.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

TheAgent posted:

also that camera he's using is like $15,000 and up

lol

How else will the documentary capture the pixel changing colour at cr direction?

bill_murray
Apr 27, 2016

XK posted:

I remember Lando was streaming when the news broke of Ben's site. You could see him get distracted, hurriedly click through a couple links, then just gets this super aggravated look on his face.

It was one of my favorite SC moments.

Oh fun, got a link to that video?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Of course.

Given the awesome-sauce of CIG open development we have to fabricate these things to keep our goon minds entertained.

It's true. In fact, I fabricated Chris Roberts in his entirety. Everybody thinks he's an old game dev come back to ruin PC gaming but in reality it's just me and kayak in a beige trash bag.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beet Wagon posted:

It's true. In fact, I fabricated Chris Roberts in his entirety. Everybody thinks he's an old game dev come back to ruin PC gaming but in reality it's just me and kayak in a beige trash bag.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Krycek posted:

Guys, it's because they all know the uk currency is totally about tank because brexit or whatever. They know that getting money now is going to be worth more than getting the same amount in a few months. So they'll take the loan, convert it to USD, watch £ droplike a rock and then revert the original loan back at like 10x the original amount. Crobutts is a visionary currency forecaster, you see.

I think they're hedging against an increase in Sterling, to be honest. Insulating yourself with 7 points against the dollar is kinda 'meh' as a move, so it's almost entirely just an advance.

taxe:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
That sure does look like a cool cat with extravagant taste and lots of disposable income. MoMA?

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
WORM WAS NOT A JOKE

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Hav posted:

I think they're hedging against an increase in Sterling, to be honest. Insulating yourself with 7 points against the dollar is kinda 'meh' as a move, so it's almost entirely just an advance.

taxe:

What does a cat need with a switchblade..?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

The cat is only 13, so it needs to be able to defend itself from Seraph or Ben

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

But feel free to donate via prepaid credit card to https://www.patreon.com/BoredGamer!

Too lazy to check if any cig employees are supporting him but he's making $500/month.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Viktor posted:

But feel free to donate via prepaid credit card to https://www.patreon.com/BoredGamer!

Too lazy to check if any cig employees are supporting him but he's making $500/month.

"Thank you for your Patronage user S_Gardiner! We appreciate your monthly support!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Roflan posted:

What does a cat need with a switchblade..?

Oh, I suppose a small packet of catnip on the floor is the cat's too? Can't a legitimate business cat be in the same room as a weapon without that whole 'rodent murder' thing coming to the fore?

You people make me sick, with your automatic assumptions and easy stereotypes. Cat lives matter.