Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Petulant “I killed gods!” Guardian yelling at everyone is funny as poo poo and Cabal psion fanfiction is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FYI the armor perks in the armor set bundles will be random once you open the package. I previewed the Hunter set on the store and I liked the perks, like Traction on the boots. So I said gently caress it and bought it. I previewed the package (I could still refund it at that point) and the perks were all the same. Then I opened it, and they were all different. And no Traction on the boots.

I thought that if they were selling premade sets the perks would be static but nope. Serves my dumb whale rear end right for wanting to support an independent studio that makes stuff I like.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Roman posted:

FYI the armor perks in the armor set bundles will be random once you open the package. I previewed the Hunter set on the store and I liked the perks, like Traction on the boots. So I said gently caress it and bought it. I previewed the package (I could still refund it at that point) and the perks were all the same. Then I opened it, and they were all different. And no Traction on the boots.

I thought that if they were selling premade sets the perks would be static but nope. Serves my dumb whale rear end right for wanting to support an independent studio that makes stuff I like.

Yeah rip

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No 'new' Vanguard weapon (bringing a y1 gun forward)

No 'new' Crucible weapon (bringing a y1 gun forward)

The Iron Banner additions are Gunnora's Axe (slug shotgun) and Shining Sphere (the worst rocket launcher archetype)

No idea what the new content is like but it's disappointing that these extremely low efforts weren't made

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kadath posted:

Petulant “I killed gods!” Guardian yelling at everyone is funny as poo poo and Cabal psion fanfiction is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_naXlnz588

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

"We've nerfed all your super charging exotic armor, but here is the super granting gun."

^burtle fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 4, 2019

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

^burtle posted:

"We've nerfed all your super charging exotic armor, but here is the super granting gun."

Narrator Voice: the gun did not grant super

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
They should start everyone a Bad Juju with a 15 round mag, no super regen ability, and smoke that blocks field of view when ADS and have a quest to upgrade it up to the post balance patch version.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Narrator Voice: the gun did not grant super

Wasn't it super energy on kills?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
All guns give some super energy on kill

Bad Juju used to give extra bonus super energy on kill

Hilariously the best way to use a gun to generate super is to create masterwork orbs, so Bad Juju will become Good Juju only when we get the catalyst

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

^burtle posted:

Wasn't it super energy on kills?

The original D1 perk was to refill clip with free bullets, briefly increase damage, and grant extra super on kill. I don't know what it is now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Iron Banner is going to be slightly better than last season but still near franchise low

Armor is gone from reward engrams

Armor, with enhanced perks, is earned (and possibly added to the engram pool) per character based on a 5 step questline, each step granting 1 piece of armor

The new weapons are Gunnora's Axe (slug shotty) and Shining Sphere (adaptive rocket)

No new triumphs so the new guns are just in the pool

Seems like you can hand in tokens at the start of IB and only receive weapons.

Lot of uncertainty as far as whether the 7 weekly bounties will be back and what the rewards would be, since armor is granted from a quest line and not bounties.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Very excited for my number to go up

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Iron Banner is going to be slightly better than last season but still near franchise low

Armor is gone from reward engrams

Armor, with enhanced perks, is earned (and possibly added to the engram pool) per character based on a 5 step questline, each step granting 1 piece of armor

The new weapons are Gunnora's Axe (slug shotty) and Shining Sphere (adaptive rocket)

No new triumphs so the new guns are just in the pool

Seems like you can hand in tokens at the start of IB and only receive weapons.

Lot of uncertainty as far as whether the 7 weekly bounties will be back and what the rewards would be, since armor is granted from a quest line and not bounties.

Also: IB Armor can now roll with enhanced perks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
huge if true

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

[hits roach] that's an iron bummer man

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Menagerie is really good. It's the closest thing you're gonna get to a matchmade raid that actually works. I only ran it once and it was better than pretty much everything from PoE to Black Armory, and definitely better than Reckoning.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
So per psion fanfiction, the Darkness is predicted to arrive in 118 years. Are we gonna see a "118 years later" gap for D3? That would be cool and would also automatically solve the problem of how we're going to unite with the fallen or whatever

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

Menagerie is really good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

elpaganoescapa posted:

So per psion fanfiction, the Darkness is predicted to arrive in 118 years. Are we gonna see a "118 years later" gap for D3? That would be cool and would also automatically solve the problem of how we're going to unite with the fallen or whatever

We'll play D2 for one more year and then there will be a "117 years later" so Bungie can sneak in a Halo reference & their favorite number

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
118 years is long enough for all your gear to rust away into nothing. Character reset!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The menagerie makes it clear why the super refund exotics got nerfed.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Somehow we all missed the most important change: The weekly strike challenge is now: "Complete strikes using the same subclass as the currently active elemental burn."

THANK loving GOD

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Looks like you still want at least three well warlocks for the raid

titans still useless

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

melting point is still viable right?? :qq:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

Somehow we all missed the most important change: The weekly strike challenge is now: "Complete strikes using the same subclass as the currently active elemental burn."

THANK loving GOD

Wow it only took years

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Reddit is upset that you can't run whatever subclass you want (in a fireteam of agreeable teammates) and have to do the weekly subclass

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Reddit is upset that you can't run whatever subclass you want (in a fireteam of agreeable teammates) and have to do the weekly subclass

The burn requirement is in fact stupid.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Reddit can’t eat my rear end!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rubellavator posted:

The burn requirement is in fact stupid.

Actually it is you that is stupid.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually it is you that is stupid.

Complete 3 strikes however the gently caress you want

is how it should be

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
New activity is good. But long.

Wavesplitter catalyst doesn't exist still :qq: :suicide:

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 5, 2019

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

Complete 3 strikes however the gently caress you want

is how it should be

So you'd rather do a normal strike with no modifiers, instead of a strike with a burn and a modifier combo that will often make the strike take at least half as long to complete?

Why?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So you'd rather do a normal strike with no modifiers, instead of a strike with a burn and a modifier combo that will often make the strike take at least half as long to complete?

Why?

Lemme be a little clearer

Complete strikes using the same subclass as the currently active elemental burn.

I don't like this dumb requirement, that doesn't mean I want burn modifiers to go away.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

New activity is good. But long.

Lol if I had a nickel :smuggo:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

Lemme be a little clearer

Complete strikes using the same subclass as the currently active elemental burn.

I don't like this dumb requirement, that doesn't mean I want burn modifiers to go away.

Still not understanding how it's a dumb requirement.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The temporary 720 cap seems to be working well for those on the final raid boss. Without spoiling it, there's a ton of coordination and a lot of open areas where you can be killed very quickly. The final boss is at 740 I believe.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Still not understanding how it's a dumb requirement.

None of the other weekly bounties have that kind of condition to them. It's stupid, I would occasionally forget to check what other people were running, or they'd switch and the end, and I wouldn't get any credit and now I've just wasted my time. Why have it in the first place? You don't have to switch your subclass to take advantage of a burn. I'd rather play the way I want to. I'm okay with challenges, but that's not a challenge, it's a stupid gotcha

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

it's been beaten

Datto's team all got the exotic but it seems they were actually second? not sure yet

edit: okay they were actually second, it's hilarious because they are all now super salty

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

it's been beaten

Datto's team all got the exotic but it seems they were actually second? not sure yet

edit: okay they were actually second, it's hilarious because they are all now super salty

I saw that but I'm not sure why they all destroyed the exotic what was the purpose of that