Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

shut up blegum posted:

Lmao he changed the number though

also changed "very little impact" to "positive impact"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shut up blegum posted:

Lmao he changed the number though

Art of the deal :smugdon:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/borzou/status/1244999174401253376

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

my president can't even come up with new tweets, low energy, sad

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

one of the writers for vox said this car emissions thing is kind of a pure example of trump pushing something solely because obama did the opposite; in this case, there's almost no constituency for this, as the car companies don't want it, the rightwing base isn't particularly fired up about it, there's no big groundswell for it from republican lawmakers or pundits, it's almost entirely trump's personal obsession with obama driving this

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
it's called shifting the focus and hes a fuckin master at it

bigly levels

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five posted:

did that tweet get scheduled to go out a year late or whatever? how long ago was it he was fighting with the manufacturers about their refusal to adopt laxer emissions standards?

literally last august

the more i think about it the more i think gavin newsom pissed him off in the governors conference call today and because he is a petty moron he lashed out with the first attack he could think of

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

wow! $3500! dismissing environmental factors...how much more money will you spend on gas over the ownership period?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

eric ciaramella posted:

not having a mail service is literally uncobstituinal so good luck getting rid of it

Paging joementum to the thread.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I love that "be healthy and make healthy life choices" is a culture war issue now. Probably always was, but now more than ever.

Never forget that Christianity started out as a Jewish doomsday cult.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

he's never copied a tweet like that before has he?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

:hai:

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

quote:

“For a long time, the president has enjoyed an epic bromance with Xi,” a senior administration official said.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
could he lower ventilator costs by increasing their emissions similarly?

only time will tell!!!

narrator: time did not tell

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

tacodaemon posted:

he's expressing the usual rightwing view that reducing emissions makes cars unsafe in a crash by making them lighter, but in the fox newsish way where you already have to know the entire background argument to make any sense of what he's saying

so if you are au fait with the fox news cinematic universe you know that safer cars means cars that pollute more, and that obama wanted to reduce pollution so we would all die in car crashes

lmao cars are rapidly approaching the weight where they start to do serious damage to the roads

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Bring! Back! Leaded! Gas!

Bring! Back! Leaded! Gas!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1245074518885806080

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

too bad they haven't made vr a mainstream thing yet

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

C-Euro posted:

I love that "be healthy and make healthy life choices" is a culture war issue now. Probably always was, but now more than ever.

Never forget that Christianity started out as a Jewish doomsday cult.

I pretty much knew that Bible Belt Chuds would go crazy over this and believes things like Jesus protecting them from CV.

Our dumb country.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

etalian posted:

I pretty much knew that Bible Belt Chuds would go crazy over this and believes things like Jesus protecting them from CV.

Our dumb country.

im so excited, i cannot wait

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

When members die they get big probate checks.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
especially since many of the biblesucking chuds i know of are hilariously unhealthy by any measure

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Plinkey posted:

the gently caress

I’ll have him promise healthy yet tasty strombos for you

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Impkins Patootie posted:

drat i feel like taking a drive

i know that feeling and the only way to deal with it is to mute the tv while youre at the marvel vs. capcom character select screen

lol one of my favorite dumb jokes was to invite friends over and then casually start chatting with them while we were picking characters about anything just to distract them for a moment

then id say "hey, you know, after this we should hop in my car and go for a little ride."

"why?"

"dunno, just in the mood."

then id just stare at the screen for like 30 seconds until they got it

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurieRoberts/status/1245061065118908416

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

VectorSigma posted:

wow! $3500! dismissing environmental factors...how much more money will you spend on gas over the ownership period?

Oil is 5 bucks a barrel.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Epic High Five posted:

did that tweet get scheduled to go out a year late or whatever? how long ago was it he was fighting with the manufacturers about their refusal to adopt laxer emissions standards?
today, the president's bizarre twitter fixation is *spins wheel*... car emission standards!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1245076016965566464
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1245076282859237377
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1245076618604875779

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

juche avocado posted:

CNN - Moon bases could be built using astronaut urine

on the moon it's called pissa hut

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm working with Groupees again for a music, audio book and comic bundle with proceeds going to the DirectRelief Coronavirus Relief Fund. If you're interested in some good stuff to get you through your quarantine while contributing to a good cause, here's your chance :)

Link Here

Of note, and while not presently reflected on the web page, all of my share is going directly to the fund... That should be reflected shortly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This ia even more amazing when you consider the fact that air quality has increased in major metropolitan areas that have locked down and have shelter in place orders.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

can't wait to create a new leaded generation

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Vim Fuego posted:

???

He's back on this? When was the last one?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164169890917433346?s=20

August 2019?
What teh everloving gently caress

Wow he lowered the price of his cars by $500 in between just a few months! THANK YOUBFOR PUTTING AMERICA FIRST AGAIN MISTER TRUMP

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/amandahess/status/1245088105817944064

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Drive a car through their office

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

kaleedity posted:

can't wait to create a new leaded generation

Let's face it, this one did pretty well

Adbot