Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The next Diamond Joe article is going to be really sad.

:(

I don't think they'll do anything, it just doesn't fit the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
The Saga Continues! J.K. Rowling Just Announced She Will Be Releasing New Stories Where Ron Dies Every Day For A Year!

This article literally killed me.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Arrested Ex-FIFA VP Cites The Onion In Strange Self-Defense Video

quote:

Today in Dumb FIFA Man, arrested ex-VP Jack Warner tried to thank his supporters and clear his name during a strange Facebook video in which he cites a report from The Onion to prove FIFA’s generosity.

The “article” states FIFA awarded the United States an impromptu World Cup after the the U.S. handed out corruption arrests to FIFA officials in Zurich last week. Around the 5:00 mark of the video, Warner becomes entirely too woke when he picks up the article printout and says, “If FIFA is so bad, why is it USA wants to keep the FIFA World Cup?”
http://screamer.deadspin.com/arrested-ex-fifa-vp-cites-the-onion-in-strange-self-def-1708043041

The Onion article in question:
http://www.theonion.com/article/fifa-frantically-announces-2015-summer-world-cup-u-50525

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Welcome to Something Awful, Mr. Grint!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:stare:

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

:(

I don't think they'll do anything, it just doesn't fit the character.

A motorcycle stunt spectacular in memory of Beau? Shooting to the edge of space in a rocket of his own design to spread the ashes? There are some pretty awesome things the Diamond Joe character could do.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Segmentation Fox posted:

A motorcycle stunt spectacular in memory of Beau? Shooting to the edge of space in a rocket of his own design to spread the ashes? There are some pretty awesome things the Diamond Joe character could do.

Beau has gone to live with Worm now.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Segmentation Fox posted:

Nah, Diamond Joe would fake his son's death for reasons involving a large pot growing operation in the basement of the Lincoln Memorial.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

"When I Started Writing ‘Game Of Thrones,’ I Didn’t Know What Horses Looked Like"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Asian-Americans Defying Traditional Stereotypes

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

A few months back I made it a project to read two pages of this thread a week. Just reading the onion article titles gave me a chuckle, occasionally reading the thing if someone emphatically assured me the last sentence was worth it. Then a year ago in thread time clickhole came out and I ravenously upped the consumption of this thread's history. Click hole is extremely my poo poo. Goddamn. I had been passed one or two clickhole articles before but goddamn. I'm hooked on clickhole. My clickhole score is 3619.

I googled chords for night moves to solve the mystery of skull island. I've been banned from the internet and banned from ever learning another language. I love it. I've seen every fish in the sea married to a deathless diver from before time. I've been told I haven't flicked nearly enough wind chimes and goddamn it they're right. I have every bone there is.

I'm constantly surprised by how much effort they put into looking low effort.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just headlines, but:

Sepp Blatter Resigns From FIFA With Generous Severance Bribe

Pigeon That Flew Down Into Subway Going To Need All His Wits To Get Out Of This One

:3:

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
My new favorite Onion article!
http://www.theonion.com/article/wealthy-teen-nearly-experiences-consequence-2551
As a guy who grew up going to school with people like this, this really speaks to my heart lol

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This series is do goddamn dumb but I laugh every time:

We Asked 22 Science Teachers About The Longest Name For Albert Einstein They Ever Taught Their Students

We Asked 22 Priests What’s The Heaviest Thing They Ever Threw At The Devil

We Asked 22 OB-GYNs What’s The Weirdest Thing They Ever Delivered

Dr. Arbitrary has a new favorite as of 02:44 on Jun 3, 2015

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Incredible! Listen to These People Talk About The Worst Jobs They Ever Had

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This Woman Answers The Question Every Man Wants To Know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YULrEiQ9Xhs

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
Science FTW: IBM Just Announced A Robotics Competition To Stop The Winner Of The Previous Competition

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

6 Things That Could’ve Been Bought With The $1.5 Trillion The Government Spent Developing The F-35 Fighter Jet

Is this the plane that won't work if there's rain, or sand, or at all?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

That Australia bought seventy-two of, well after it was known how much of a failure they were, yes. And even if it can fly, it can only do so for like, less than an hour.

The list of faults with the F-35 would look like an Onion article if you read them all in one.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 11:03 on Jun 3, 2015

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

Expectations are high!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Finally! A Family Lineage Website That Just Tells You The Bullshit You Want To Hear
the site in question

quote:

Who are the people who make up your family’s past? We’ll tell you some bullshit and you can choose to want to believe it.

You are related to the Wright brothers and Bryan Cranston and Genghis Khan
Nice....!!!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

New Music Festival Just Large Empty Field To Do Drugs In

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Don't forget this one:

We Asked 22 Crab Fishermen About The Most Famous Person They Ever Trawled Up Out Of The Ocean

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
We Asked 22 Strangers How Far They Think They Can Throw Ellen Page

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

New Clickventure About Something!

e: vampires

Real good one, but short. I didn't fall for any nonsense and stuck to science

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Jun 4, 2015

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

bad language in this one that I don't like but yeah sadly, this is not as much of a parody as one might think. Everyone thinks they are related to Obama or the Clintons or the Kennedys or something.. yeah right!!!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

A3th3r posted:

bad language in this one that I don't like but yeah

You sound like youre a great guy to hang out with.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Five Tips to gently caress Good.

quote:

gently caress so good that you win an award: One of the top ways to gently caress great is to gently caress so good that you win a prize or trophy for how good it is. Then if someone asks if you gently caress good, you can say, “Well, I won a prize for good loving, so you tell me, idiot.”

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

My favorite articles are the ones that read like they were written by Brick from Anchorman. :3:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Nation’s Dogs Vow To Keep Their poo poo Together During 4th Of July Fireworks

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

GAP

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Here's a fun article about Clickhole that gives some insight on how they create their articles.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2015/06/clickhole_writers_explain_their_craft_how_the_onion_s_internet_parody_spinoff.1.html

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ready To Feel Old? Kids Born In 2001 Are Already Getting Tried As Adults

:corsair:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Franz, Suzie, and Eileen aren't being straight with us :colbert:

Jonah's just being a kid though, so that's all right.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Heartwarming: Watch This Dad Totally Accept His Gay Son Coming Out And Then Eat 12 Tacos

Gwyneth Paltrow Tried To Survive A Week On Food Stamps And She Died

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Everyone In Dream Smells Smoke

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jean's back once again!

quote:

I won’t bore you with what you already know, but I made my apologies and meant them. I absolutely didn’t mean to offend anyone with my December 2014 column, “Homophobe And Loving It!” I think you all understand that now, but I still apologized anyway and didn’t fight the imposed sabbatical. I swear, I honestly thought that “homophobe” meant someone who hated cleaning their house. I did occasionally wonder why there was an “o” after the “m” instead of an “e,” but I checked the dictionary to verify the spelling. However, I only noted the spelling and didn’t follow through with reading the definition. I really should have, as I used the word a lot in the column, and turns out it means something totally different.

:allears:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

There's a new 404 page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

It's a real number.