Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Actually, a much more important question: Hard, why does Montagne have an American accent??? :colbert:

wasnt he an english major in college or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Roobanguy posted:

wasnt he an english major in college or something?

Trust me when I tell you that would not be enough for him to lose his French accent, even if he'd gone to university in the US. The only way he could have a native US accent is if he were of US origin. :v:

I can't believe Hard is ignoring my hard-hitting questions about the ~lore~.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Hard posted:

Well he certainly got mine.

:getin:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Looks like its time for a hard lesson in gameplay

I'll see myself out

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IceOrb posted:

New development:

The hacker apparently googles himself because he left me a lovely comment :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsdcRWnVz2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1sb5lZxHaw

Somebody complained on the Ubi forums a couple days before we ran into him and linked that video as proof.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I've probably played against people that could see through walls but I've never seen anything like that before :lol:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Lemon-Lime posted:

Trust me when I tell you that would not be enough for him to lose his French accent, even if he'd gone to university in the US. The only way he could have a native US accent is if he were of US origin. :v:

I can't believe Hard is ignoring my hard-hitting questions about the ~lore~.

Because videogame? :)

but i honestly couldn't answer that. English mom perhaps? Theres a few french expat here that speaks perfect english you won't hear any ze coming from them.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The real lore question is why is Rook only 63 kilo/138 pounds? IQ and Ash weigh as much or more than him. :colbert:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

Because videogame? :)

but i honestly couldn't answer that. English mom perhaps? Theres a few french expat here that speaks perfect english you won't hear any ze coming from them.

The only way he would have an American accent like that is if he had an American parent and grew up speaking English with them pretty much exclusively, but he has the Frenchest name possible. :v:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Who cares, Rook has 1 job. Put down his bag and shut up.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Lemon-Lime posted:

The only way he would have an American accent like that is if he had an American parent and grew up speaking English with them pretty much exclusively, but he has the Frenchest name possible. :v:

I mean, you could only be named with one family name and still learn both language growing up but the real boring answer might be that the french actor got sick the day of the recording and they took some other dude, who knows.

Basticle posted:

Who cares, Rook has 1 job. Put down his bag and shut up.

I'm one of those guys that pick Rook on purpose for his MP5.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The real lore question is why is Rook only 63 kilo/138 pounds? IQ and Ash weigh as much or more than him. :colbert:

It's all in dat ash. As for IQ her purple shoes are really heavy or else she'd have 5 speed.

I can come up with stupid fictional answers all day.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

I can come up with stupid fictional answers all day.

Why is montagne the best operator ?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've finally completed the utterly pointless quest to have every attachment unlocked for every gun for every operator. :toot:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hacker has responded again.

Seems pretty reasonable.

Pls don't ban Hard, lol.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 19, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
He admited it and its only when others are hacking.

All is forgiven :love:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Party Plane Jones posted:

I like the idea that Rook is actually a super skinny guy who wears several times his body size and weight in armor

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

I like the idea that Rook is actually three kids in a trenchcoat and body armour

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I hope we run into this guy again one day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XewWwqYChjY

Best way to end a night of Siege.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IceOrb posted:

I hope we run into this guy again one day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XewWwqYChjY

Best way to end a night of Siege.

I would be talking to that guy nonstop.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I don't get why you guys made such a big deal out of a guy with a funny accent, planB/hard is around often enough that you can get a near daily dose of someone who sounds silly.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

lohli posted:

I don't get why you guys made such a big deal out of a guy with a funny accent, planB/hard is around often enough that you can get a near daily dose of someone who sounds silly.
His pronunciation of Cluster Charge is perfect

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

and i get my entertainment from Para and Woop :colbert:

Also

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

lohli posted:

It was only after he switched to a female operator and started role playing as an adventure game with a high pitched scottish voice that he became the best pubbie.

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010
someone sent me a youtube link advertising a esp and wallhack program, is that actually allowed on youtube?
also what is the legality of selling something like that?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
IIRC there isn't anything legally wrong with it, the logic that gets used by companies like blizzard(who have pursued quite a few people selling cheats) tends to be that it's selling users stuff that violates the ToS/EULA or that cheat tools create a detrimental user experience which damages the reputation of the game.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009
Could also go the DMCA angle if something is cryptographically protected and is broken as part of a hack.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

8 days until season 3 reveal. So which overpowered auto shotgun will they give to a 2 speed defender this time?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't wait for the BOPE operative whose special perk is winning the game if he executes the hostage. :v:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

amitlu posted:

8 days until season 3 reveal. So which overpowered auto shotgun will they give to a 2 speed defender this time?

The striker. Also they can give him/her c4 and take it away from valk.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

amitlu posted:

We don't have a SPAS15 in the game yet so it might be one of those, could be another Super90 user though!

Lemon-Lime posted:

I can't wait for the BOPE operative whose special perk is winning the game if he executes the hostage. :v:

I hope the new map is a network of joined favela shacks.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Great Beer posted:

The striker. Also they can give him/her c4 and take it away from valk.

Also take frags away from Sledge and add them to the new attack operator, even if it makes no sense.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

An Olympics theme leveled just in in time for Rio 2016 it would be good and i would pay good money to have Tachanka swim in literal human poo poo.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
In a sense Tachanka is already swimming around in Tachanka.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I take back what I said earlier about the hacking problem not being that bad. My group has ranked up enough to be routinely matched against platinums and diamonds now and it's starting to get absurd. Two days in a row we've been in games where it's devolved to the point where they were straight up shooting us as we spawned in with no attempt to hide it whatsoever, taunting us in the chat as they did it.

The worst part is that nearly every game we get accused of it ourselves- including the two where we fought the overt hackers. We beat them both in the first round and I dunno if they rationalized that the only way we could possibly win is by hacking so "we should just hack in response" or what but it's getting pretty loving irritating.

I still think that at the lower ranks it's not much of a thing, so for new players it shouldn't be that much of a concern, but at this rank it's just unbearable.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I find it funny that these "we only hack because you are hacking" type always happens to have hack installed to switch on at a moment's notice.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

People take winning in a video game way too seriously. They rationalize that everyone else is hacking so they gotta hack too to stay competitive. To them the fun isn't playing the game, it's winning the game.

Also thanks for the Pulse buff Hard, it was really needed.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Pulse's gadget had crazy range in the beta right? How much longer was it in comparision to what we have now? Because even now it can be a bit much tbh.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Why was pulse buffed

It's loving up the game

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Duggler posted:

Why was pulse buffed

It's loving up the game

All he needs now is for his sensor to be wrist-mounted like IQ's scanner, and he'll basically be Predator with a UMP! :unsmigghh:
(Which is something I personally wouldn't mind witnessing! ...for a day, anyway :D)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Pulse's gadget had crazy range in the beta right? How much longer was it in comparision to what we have now? Because even now it can be a bit much tbh.

No idea what it was in the beta, but now it has a third as much range as it used to (13m vs 10).

• Locked thread