Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Privateer didn't want to risk pissing people off who had bought fifteen Mad Dogs is the problem

they added a pt to the berserker to say "see? We made both of them bad now :smuggo:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

You can box spam and just walk into people with your second line of jacks and buy attacks instead of charging. Even if you charge the feat only does 'nothing' on the charge attack, your other attacks are still boosted damage, which can be your weaker weapon in the case of juggernauts or whatever that aren't packing doubles of the same weapon. Box spam usually allows you to do that pretty comfortably, it's not that hard. The berserker chassis change is reaaaally weird though and definitely bad.

El_Pato
Dec 27, 2007

rydiafan posted:

When MK3 dropped I was of the opinion that battle boar negated the gorx. Having played 50-some games with Arkadius since then, I've changed my mind. The +1 str and pain response makes a gorax a far better beast against high armor targets, and that's what exists right now. Overtake and berserk is nice, but I'm not seeing enough infantry to justify it. Usually what I do see can be handled with the road hog and primal shock.

I've played Arkadius twice now and seen the light. I feel weird about having zero pathfinder though. How do you deal with that?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
People complaining about the karchev nerf need to just accept that having 16 heavies on the board was never OK. He's still perfectly good. Khador is still really good. It's gonna be OK.

albany academy posted:

they added a pt to the berserker to say "see? We made both of them bad now :smuggo:"

I feel like mr. Berserker needs 1 more point of mat or murderous or something like that to make him a lil better, but also think that heavies really shouldn't be less than 10 pts ever, for any reason, so i dunno.

E: i'd also argue unstable can be a benefit. Having a nearly 8" pow14 blast is sweet. It'd be a lot better if you could choose to fail your unstable check.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 23, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Khador still has probably the deepest roster of really good units and y'all should try fielding more of those .

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

S.J. posted:

You can box spam and just walk into people with your second line of jacks and buy attacks instead of charging. Even if you charge the feat only does 'nothing' on the charge attack, your other attacks are still boosted damage, which can be your weaker weapon in the case of juggernauts or whatever that aren't packing doubles of the same weapon. Box spam usually allows you to do that pretty comfortably, it's not that hard. The berserker chassis change is reaaaally weird though and definitely bad.

Just walk into people with your mighty speed 4 warjacks

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

List of khador warcasters that can speed up warjacks:
Vlad1
Vlad2
Vlad3
Butcher2
Butcher3
Irusk1
Irusk2
Sorscha1
Sorscha2
Old witch
Harkevich
Malakov2
Kozlov
Strakhov
Karchev

S.J.
May 19, 2008

chutche2 posted:

Yes, after they come into you. That list does not need to hit first to win. Unless you're suggesting your opponent is just going to not walk into range to contest zones ever or something? I know it's your gimmick, but stop being disingenuous.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 23, 2016

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

People complaining about the karchev nerf need to just accept that having 16 heavies on the board was never OK. He's still perfectly good. Khador is still really good. It's gonna be OK.

I feel like mr. Berserker needs 1 more point of mat or murderous or something like that to make him a lil better, but also think that heavies really shouldn't be less than 10 pts ever, for any reason, so i dunno.

E: i'd also argue unstable can be a benefit. Having a nearly 8" pow14 blast is sweet. It'd be a lot better if you could choose to fail your unstable check.

Pretty much. They just don't feel worth the points, especially compared to the marauder.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

S.J. posted:

Yes, after they come into you. That list does not need to hit first to win. Unless you're suggesting your opponent is just going to not walk into range to contest zones ever or something? I know it's your gimmick, but stop being disingenuous.

The strength of MdoW2 was being on scenario first with a poo poo load of jacks. The SPD thing was definitely important to how well it performed at tournies.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

List of khador warcasters that can speed up warjacks:
Vlad1
Vlad2
Vlad3
Butcher2
Butcher3
Irusk1
Irusk2
Sorscha1
Sorscha2
Old witch
Harkevich
Malakov2
Kozlov
Strakhov
Karchev

He was talking about karchev. Karchev only speeds jacks up after they've started killing already.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

albany academy posted:

The strength of MdoW2 was being on scenario first with a poo poo load of jacks. The SPD thing was definitely important to how well it performed at tournies.

That was a huge part of the reason why it was dominating every scenario it played into. It can still get into scenarios quickly, just not with every jack in the list at the same time. Plus it still has counter-charge, it just has to actually commit resources to try and get an alpha rather than take a meaningless point of damage while Karchev remains untouchable.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Privateer didn't want to risk pissing people off who had bought fifteen Mad Dogs is the problem

Yeah but I don't see how they accomplished that

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

chutche2 posted:

He was talking about karchev. Karchev only speeds jacks up after they've started killing already.

Well with counter charge on everything your jacks are a turn a head in terms of where they threaten

S.J.
May 19, 2008

And with Caine 2 and Madrak 2 nerfs, that leaves lists open to more comfortably taking infantry than before, so his actual threat extension spell might end up getting some use with widowmakers.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Karchevs still got tricks for sure, it's just that fleet for jury rigged definitely did a lot to neuter MDoW2 in itself, as it relied on that easy button of having heavy jacks run 12" and threaten counter charge 18" on the first turn.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

Road to war procs off any kill, not just battlegroup. Widowmakers are 2 points each.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

S.J. posted:

did they nerf p butcher or is karchev feat just his but worse in every way

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I feel that without a hit buff anymore he's just not very good. He doesn't really have a feat, and mat 7 isn't exactly an auto hit. It's nice but you're still missing vs def 13+ often enough for it to matter.

I definitely rank him behind butcher1, strakhov, and vlad1 for running jacks. Butcher1 with full throttle and feat can make some devastating battlegroups even if they don't have threat extenders. Free charges is really good for focus efficiency with large battlegroups, which is something I've found karchev really needs. Counter charge isn't that hard to work around. And he does combined arms incredibly well, which karchev doesn't. Butcher1 can take 4 or 5 jacks and then also be buffing infantry.

And with 14 point destroyers, I might put harkevich ahead of him too. I've been really enjoying him because of mobility and the +arm feat, cheap destroyers is fantastic for him to get off those feat shots. Broadsides is still mainly a trap spell but it can work if you don't need mobility on a given turn.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 23, 2016

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I AM THE MOON posted:

did they nerf p butcher or is karchev feat just his but worse in every way

Karchev's feat also gives magic weapons but yeah

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The huge difference, of course, being that butcher1 doesnt support his jacks for poo poo.

Anyways karchev is still really good, you guys. Road to war is strong as gently caress in a faction that loves to slam/bulldoze poo poo. Never mind jumpstart, battlecharged, and eruption.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

The huge difference, of course, being that butcher1 doesnt support his jacks for poo poo.

Anyways karchev is still really good, you guys. Road to war is strong as gently caress in a faction that loves to slam/bulldoze poo poo. Never mind jumpstart, battlecharged, and eruption.

You're right, full throttle, vengeful, and an additional damage die isn't supporting jacks for poo poo.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

chutche2 posted:

You're right, full throttle, vengeful, and an additional damage die isn't supporting jacks for poo poo.

Full throttle costs 3 on a 6 focus caster with 3 upkeeps.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I think Karchev's pretty bad now (at least in relation to the multitude of other casters Khador can field) and they didn't need to hit him AND the berzerker chassis but I also agree that Khador's perfectly fine without them. Irusk 2 got off largely unscathed, and Khador's non-zerker jacks are still mostly decent to really, really amazing. Would've been nice to see a couple of the weaker casters get something, or some of the heavy infantry, but on the whole it's not like there's a lack of good things to field.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

chutche2 posted:

One of those spells is jack support, the feat is probably used better with a mix of things and getting maximum damage out guns and melee in the same turn.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

S.J. posted:

One of those spells is jack support, the feat is probably used better with a mix of things and getting maximum damage out guns and melee in the same turn.

Yes, it is better with a mix of things.

The khador all jack list is dead. We need to look at options that can go jack-heavy while bringing some infantry and support along, and Karchev isn't the caster that does that.

Also, if you're not casting vengeful on a jack, what exactly are you casting it on?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 23, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I want to live in a world where butcher1 just runs like 6 units of WGI. Pow15 weapon masters for 1 pt yes please.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

chutche2 posted:

Also, if you're not casting vengeful on a jack, what exactly are you casting it on?

A Drakhun or Butcher. Or nothing at all because he's pretty focus strapped a lot of the time.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

People who were shadow banned on the PP forums have begun to figure out that the PP forums have shadow banning, and it's delightful.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I assume it was the most toxic shitheads anyways?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

chutche2 posted:

Yes, it is better with a mix of things.

The khador all jack list is dead. We need to look at options that can go jack-heavy while bringing some infantry and support along, and Karchev isn't the caster that does that.

Harkevich marauder spam actually got better, so you're wrong.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rydiafan posted:

People who were shadow banned on the PP forums have begun to figure out that the PP forums have shadow banning, and it's delightful.

Is there a special someone I should know about? Also that's amazing.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone here because somehow the most entertaining, thoughtful and civil WHM discussion on the internet is on comedy forum something awful dot com.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Shadowbanning is bullshit even if it hits the right people.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah but I don't see how they accomplished that
Yeah, I was gonna say.
If they changed FA people would still get to use some of their Mad Dogs.
Now they'll probably use 0.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah, I hope they re-evaluate the cheap heavy/combat light costing in a general sense more.
But they could have made those jacks more expensive and given them something in exchange.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Wait so the Maurader is 10 points and with the changes, mad dogs and zerkers are 9? I can see that being a bit of a no-brainer. I've always thought the marauder was awesome, standing slams is even more useful now with the stupid power attack change (I am super salty about it). If they still have that particular ability. Why didn't they reduce the number of boxes on the chassis or lower the armour further or both? Assuming that was the bigger issue (high arm/boxes) as I have never encountered the original list?

I want to try out the Bokur with a bunch of the Minions casters, they generally want to play forward or they are medium based. So I think he will be going into pretty much every list for the foreseeable future, possibly my favourite errata change. He is probably sold out already :cry: . From all Troll and Skorne players finally getting a decent shield guard :allears:

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 23, 2016

S.J.
May 19, 2008

head58 posted:

I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone here because somehow the most entertaining, thoughtful and civil WHM discussion on the internet is on comedy forum something awful dot com.

I am willing and ready to take all of the credit

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
He's FF with minions too. Not that familiar with them, what kind of shenanigans can you get up to because of that?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

El_Pato posted:

I've played Arkadius twice now and seen the light. I feel weird about having zero pathfinder though. How do you deal with that?

There's no solid solution. If it's a small enough piece you can just avoid it. If it's big and/or in the way you have to use your feat to get the extra movement to either go around or through it. If there's a shitload of rough terrain in important areas, play your other list.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

chutche2 posted:

He's FF with minions too. Not that familiar with them, what kind of shenanigans can you get up to because of that?

I'm more familiar with pigs, so I might be missing something on a gator caster, but we don't have any super nice "target friendly faction solo" spells, like Storm Rager. We have stuff like Defender's Ward, but that's usually better on a beast or unit. He'll benefit from poo poo like Dash and Deceleration, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Outside Sturm and Drang and Helga what I am looking to test out is having a cheap meat shield with shield guard. He is big enough to block Los when you need it and he can also dish out decent damage or slam in a pinch. In Gators you have the Blindwalker, but it is hard to get mileage out of rites of power and shield guard simultaneously. Neither Gators or Pigs have many single target spells that aren't better cast on something else. He adds a layer of protection to the squishy casters who have to play forward to maximise their abilities. Especially since I don't often find the points to spluge on the Blindwalker for shield guard or occasional spell I want arced.