Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Zeon makes the best mobile suits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
these bozos are all nazis, right

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Waffleman_ posted:

Please calm down. It's a cartoon. I'm legitimately worried about your health at this point.

they literally and unironically have the zeon stooges saying "Seig Zeon," meaning that unless the writers literally have single-digit IQs, they have to know that Zeon are neo-nazis

so why in the name of gently caress does this show keep having the neo-nazis ramble on about how they're somehow not the bad guys

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
god was that a jumble of nonsense

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If our Mechs suits are compatible, then why War?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I have no idea what's going on in the show. I was just speaking in general about the rage you've been showing towards the show.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Argus Zant posted:

they literally and unironically have the zeon stooges saying "Seig Zeon," meaning that unless the writers literally have single-digit IQs, they have to know that Zeon are neo-nazis

so why in the name of gently caress does this show keep having the neo-nazis ramble on about how they're somehow not the bad guys

There was more to Zeon then the nazi-like leaders who started the war with earth. The shows that happened before this went into more detail about it

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
I love that Bright has a framed picture of Amuro in his office

edit: and not of his family

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kick his rear end Bright.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I have no idea what's going on in the show. I was just speaking in general about the rage you've been showing towards the show.

i am angry beyond words that trash fires like this are airing on Toonami instead of shows with any form of quality

like, this has gone beyond "this show sucks" and into a combination of "how loving dare they waste precious block time with this horseshit" and "the idea that i would be entertained by this garbage is a personal insult"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I like that B is keeping the tradition of just joining whatever side talked to him last.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Argus Zant posted:

I did a cursory search, and apparently there was a moment in one of the original Gundam series where a very poignant funeral was turned into a political rally by the head Nazi dude who used it to give a big speech that ended with all those in attendance shouting "SIEG ZEON! SIEG ZEON!" The author intended it to be the chilling, horrifying moment that it was.

A lot of people thought it was unironically awesome.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Argus Zant posted:

i am angry beyond words that trash fires like this are airing on Toonami instead of shows with any form of quality

like, this has gone beyond "this show sucks" and into "how loving dare they waste precious block time with this horseshit"

Change the channel, dude

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Argus Zant posted:

like, this has gone beyond "this show sucks" and into "how loving dare they waste precious block time with this horseshit"

I solved this problem for myself weeks ago and I'd advise you to do the same.

Don't watch the bad show

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Banager: Oh poo poo, am I helping the wrong side?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
what a line read

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, you won't even have to worry about Unicorn next week because it'll be in the Nothing Hour with Naruto.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh hey I just realized that Sand Whale is gonna be making other shows run right up to the wire on their time slots for the next month or so

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SgtSteel91 posted:

Banager: Oh poo poo, am I helping the wrong side?

This is somehow the third time this has happened

There are only two sides.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's not a good show, but Akame ga Kill was way worse.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Akame ga Kill was at least fun in its badness at times, like SAO was.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is somehow the third time this has happened

There are only two sides.

See, when this happened in, say, Deus Ex, the protagonist realizes he either A) must sell his soul and principles to try to keep the world churning in relative peace or B) destroy the existing system of power one way or another. They're awful choices, but at least Denton makes the choice with conviction in the end.

gently caress this whiny little hormonal shithead.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Well I mean at least we haven't been hit with the rape/incest one two.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
You guys going in blind are going to be surprised by this episode.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Waffleman_ posted:

It was kinda soul-draining in its tonal whiplash in overall badness. What makes SAO funny is its earnestness, but AGK didn't even have that going for it.

This is just bad attempts to do Shinji again, but with far less self-awareness about how lovely the protagonist is.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't remember what happens in this episode so I'm gonna guess which one it is

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'd like to see Jormungand on Toonami. It's a less good Black Lagoon but it's fun enough

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

It's not a good show, but Akame ga Kill was way worse.

AgK had moments of unintentional hilarity and was fodder to dumb jokes, tho

it also had titties

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dangerous Person posted:

I'd like to see Jormungand on Toonami. It's a less good Black Lagoon but it's fun enough
Jormungand is literally the backstory to a Bond movie. It's good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey Feitan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

I have repeatedly referred to Jormungand as Diet Black Lagoon, and yes, it is a pretty alright show.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh, also, everyone loving dies

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
well then

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was right about what episode it was

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I see the auction is off to a great start.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh gently caress

[dies]

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Your balloon men suck rear end

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nen is complete bullshit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In other news, I finally finished the first compilation movie of the original Gundam series. Was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

uh, DUDE I THINK YOU MIGHT BE A LITTLE gently caress

• Locked thread