Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

For_Great_Justice posted:

Corrode will defend GW no matter what it does its honestly pointless arguing. Someone start the ritual to banish him back to his discord where he bans anyone looking at GW cock eyed.

You will completely ignore facts in order to hate on gw, so I don't know why corrode is bothering to argue with you. It's like yelling at a wall, only the wall is likely to be more coherent than you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
A third lets fo for four people dog piling an opnion they don't like.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

New names for the ignore list.

drat ignored by the worst poster in TG, I'll never recover from this

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

A third lets fo for four people dog piling an opnion they don't like.

Please stop being a tool about it. This started because Corrode had an opinion you didn't like.

quote:

Corrode will defend GW no matter what it does its honestly pointless arguing

If it's pointless arguing then why are you (badly) responding to people with a different opinion than you. I'm sure if you keep posting in the chat thread about everybody being bad, somebody will listen to you about how awful everyone else is besides you, I'm sure.

richyp fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 10, 2018

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:ironicat:

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

IGNORE ME

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

weird flex but ok

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473706394009759744?lang=en

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Corrode will defend GW no matter what it does its honestly pointless arguing. Someone start the ritual to banish him back to his discord where he bans anyone looking at GW cock eyed.

Corrode posted:

Sorry that making factual statements upsets you.

Where’s the lie tho

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Corrode posted:

"Blood Bowl survived in spite of GW" would have been a perfectly reasonable statement. There was a decade+ where Blood Bowl carried on thanks to its strong community.

"Blood Bowl survives in spite of GW" is an idiotic statement. There's been 2+ years of continuous support for the game and a bunch of new releases.

I am sorry the presence of a letter bothered you so much

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zaphod42 posted:

I am sorry the presence of a letter bothered you so much

Yeah it's funny how if you use different letters words have completely different meanings

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Do people not get how a new edition and two years of support with quarterly plastic releases has helped Blood Bowl grow and develop?

Titanicus is also doing very well for sales and I say that as someone selling it.

Neither of these are played in store but communities and events are being developed.

If your hobby isn't tabletop gaming but bitching about GW then think for a while as to what you get out of that as a hobby. Is that level of negativity good for you? Why do you seek out things to then not enjoy them? Is that a use of your time that you'll be happy with on your deathbed?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Bitching about GW is v fun though. Dorks jump out of the woodwork to defend their favorite corporation

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
There have always been at least a few folks playing Blood Bowl at my FLGS for just about as long as I've been frequenting it.

I'm not sure if there are more now, but they are buying more stuff through the store, so that's nice to see.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Squats died a hard death in 1997 when the new Epic 40k came out. For the longest time, you could only stumble on someone selling them in a forum or pay outrageous prices on eBay. The Goliath megacannon was going for $35 at one point and Thunderfires for just as much. I turned to CinC for Thunderfire proxies (forefront with green stuff sandbags because the unit moves very slowly) and for the price of one Goliath I picked up six big cannons used by the Raj in Dystopian Wars. Slapped some bits on it and here we have my WIPs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Heaven forbid people express enjoyment in something.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only enjoy things that are in the proper scale and GW has hosed me over for the final time

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Hustlin Floh posted:

I only enjoy things that are in the proper scale and GW has hosed me over for the final time

Space marine would be 8 feet in real life and are 8mm in new scale. Human would be 6mm.

GW rescaled the titans from 1/500, which was what they used to be. You can still use your old epic models, there are just new titans.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Squats died a hard death in 1997 when the new Epic 40k came out. For the longest time, you could only stumble on someone selling them in a forum or pay outrageous prices on eBay. The Goliath megacannon was going for $35 at one point and Thunderfires for just as much. I turned to CinC for Thunderfire proxies (forefront with green stuff sandbags because the unit moves very slowly) and for the price of one Goliath I picked up six big cannons used by the Raj in Dystopian Wars. Slapped some bits on it and here we have my WIPs.

This owns and you have inspired me

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thundercloud posted:

Space marine would be 8 feet in real life and are 8mm in new scale. Human would be 6mm.

GW rescaled the titans from 1/500, which was what they used to be. You can still use your old epic models, there are just new titans.

It was a joke, fella

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Speaking of Blood Bowl, some content.

I went to play at Warboar on Saturday, for a ~32 player tournament.

I'd spent the entire week uhming and arghing about which team to take - Dark Elves or Humans. The tournament pack had provided a weird setup - it was 1.2million TV, with 3 skills for the Elves or 3 skills and a double for the Humans.

In the end, I went for the Elves, as that's what I'm running in my league and I can do with the practice against some good opponents. I decided on 3 rerolls, 4 Blitzers (1 with Dodge, 1 with Tackle), a Witch (Block), 5 linos, and the two positions I've never really tried - a Runner and an Assassin.

My main aim was to have a better experience than my last tournament:

• Play against new opponents - at the previous one, 50% of my games were against people playing in the league I'm running.
  • Have a better performance than 1W, 1D, 2L.
  • Not play against a bloody Dwarf team with Guard spam.

First match was against Humans. My opponent had taken a pretty standard build, but had dropped one of the Blitzers and used the rest of the cash to roster Griff Oberwald. I won the toss and elected to defend. He managed to push his cage pretty far down the pitch, but I managed to slow it down enough and apply enough pressure that he scored in turn 6, giving me plenty of time to counter-score before the end of the half. I went into the second half feeling pretty confident I could slowly score and win 2-1... but it wasn't to be. He applied enough pressure that I had to abandon my cage for a panicked touchdown, only to fail my dodges. A hand-off from a thrower to Griff meant the ball was suddenly far from my nearest players and I wasn't able to prevent a last-minute touchdown.

Second match was against Skaven. 3 Gutter Runners, 2 Blitzers is pretty standard, but he also had a Rat Ogre and Glart Smashrip Jr. This... worried me. Frenzy could be devastating for ruining my positioning, and Glart's ST4, Block and Claw could spell real trouble for my AV8 Elves. However... it wasn't to be. The first half was plagued with awful dice for my opponent, failing multiple blocks, dodges or wild animal rolls. I was able to wear down his team with some ridiculous rolls - 4 double 6s for casualty rolls, across different dice. With rolls like that, it wasn't hard to steal the ball and score. By this point my opponent was salty, to the point where the game wasn't fun at all. He'd said about conceding, but when I pressed him on that, we played the second half. Thankfully, his dice got a lot better, and mine settled down to something closer to average. For me, the second half was the game. It was tough to score, the Rat Ogre was really effective at forcing me to make difficult decisions and Glart shut down one flank. We both slowed the game down, but it meant that after scoring, he had three turns to score and I just managed to hold him off. 2-0 victory, and I'd caused 5 casualties.

Third and final match and I'd been placed on table 7. Now... this was a weird match. My opponent was an ~8 year old kid, who'd come along with his father (who was sat at the pitch next to us, playing his own game). He'd taken Lizards, with a pretty standard build of max Sauri, Krox and filled the rest out with Skinks and rerolls. He won the toss and elected to receive. It was all going fine until I casualtied a Saurus, managed to force his cage into the side of the pitch and slowed the game down. He sent his ball-carrier down the sideline and... left it unprotected. He even commented that he knew what I'd do next, which seemed like a weird thing to mention while not doing anything about it. So I crowd-surfed him, grabbed the ball and hoofed it up pitch. And that was the last time he really bothered with the game, which then meant I was forever trying to get his attention when moving models or rolling dice. It was pretty frustrating. I'd hoped for a close, tough final game - and instead had a game where the biggest battle was finishing it. I don't know if he'd beaten his opponents to get to that table or they'd thrown the game. In the end, I set up an easy TD for him just to try and get him interested in the game again, and because I didn't want to be "That Guy" about crushing a 7 year old. 2-1 at the end, with a surprising casualty score for the Elves.

Despite the weirdness of the last match, I'd had a fun day, and sneaked into the top 10. And didn't have to play bloody Dwarves.

(Oh and hi ineptmule! Ran into you at the start but didn't see you for the rest of the day!)

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Moola posted:

This owns and you have inspired me

Thank you! I have a ton of stuff I am doing and will be posting more pics if no one minds. I have a ton of resources for Epic so always ask questions.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

glitchkrieg posted:

Speaking of Blood Bowl, some content.

I went to play at Warboar on Saturday, for a ~32 player tournament.

I'd spent the entire week uhming and arghing about which team to take - Dark Elves or Humans. The tournament pack had provided a weird setup - it was 1.2million TV, with 3 skills for the Elves or 3 skills and a double for the Humans.

In the end, I went for the Elves, as that's what I'm running in my league and I can do with the practice against some good opponents. I decided on 3 rerolls, 4 Blitzers (1 with Dodge, 1 with Tackle), a Witch (Block), 5 linos, and the two positions I've never really tried - a Runner and an Assassin.

My main aim was to have a better experience than my last tournament:

• Play against new opponents - at the previous one, 50% of my games were against people playing in the league I'm running.
  • Have a better performance than 1W, 1D, 2L.
  • Not play against a bloody Dwarf team with Guard spam.

First match was against Humans. My opponent had taken a pretty standard build, but had dropped one of the Blitzers and used the rest of the cash to roster Griff Oberwald. I won the toss and elected to defend. He managed to push his cage pretty far down the pitch, but I managed to slow it down enough and apply enough pressure that he scored in turn 6, giving me plenty of time to counter-score before the end of the half. I went into the second half feeling pretty confident I could slowly score and win 2-1... but it wasn't to be. He applied enough pressure that I had to abandon my cage for a panicked touchdown, only to fail my dodges. A hand-off from a thrower to Griff meant the ball was suddenly far from my nearest players and I wasn't able to prevent a last-minute touchdown.

Second match was against Skaven. 3 Gutter Runners, 2 Blitzers is pretty standard, but he also had a Rat Ogre and Glart Smashrip Jr. This... worried me. Frenzy could be devastating for ruining my positioning, and Glart's ST4, Block and Claw could spell real trouble for my AV8 Elves. However... it wasn't to be. The first half was plagued with awful dice for my opponent, failing multiple blocks, dodges or wild animal rolls. I was able to wear down his team with some ridiculous rolls - 4 double 6s for casualty rolls, across different dice. With rolls like that, it wasn't hard to steal the ball and score. By this point my opponent was salty, to the point where the game wasn't fun at all. He'd said about conceding, but when I pressed him on that, we played the second half. Thankfully, his dice got a lot better, and mine settled down to something closer to average. For me, the second half was the game. It was tough to score, the Rat Ogre was really effective at forcing me to make difficult decisions and Glart shut down one flank. We both slowed the game down, but it meant that after scoring, he had three turns to score and I just managed to hold him off. 2-0 victory, and I'd caused 5 casualties.

Third and final match and I'd been placed on table 7. Now... this was a weird match. My opponent was an ~8 year old kid, who'd come along with his father (who was sat at the pitch next to us, playing his own game). He'd taken Lizards, with a pretty standard build of max Sauri, Krox and filled the rest out with Skinks and rerolls. He won the toss and elected to receive. It was all going fine until I casualtied a Saurus, managed to force his cage into the side of the pitch and slowed the game down. He sent his ball-carrier down the sideline and... left it unprotected. He even commented that he knew what I'd do next, which seemed like a weird thing to mention while not doing anything about it. So I crowd-surfed him, grabbed the ball and hoofed it up pitch. And that was the last time he really bothered with the game, which then meant I was forever trying to get his attention when moving models or rolling dice. It was pretty frustrating. I'd hoped for a close, tough final game - and instead had a game where the biggest battle was finishing it. I don't know if he'd beaten his opponents to get to that table or they'd thrown the game. In the end, I set up an easy TD for him just to try and get him interested in the game again, and because I didn't want to be "That Guy" about crushing a 7 year old. 2-1 at the end, with a surprising casualty score for the Elves.

Despite the weirdness of the last match, I'd had a fun day, and sneaked into the top 10. And didn't have to play bloody Dwarves.

(Oh and hi ineptmule! Ran into you at the start but didn't see you for the rest of the day!)

Hey dude! Good trip report. My day was pretty abysmal, but it serves me right for bringing Vampires. I do love the bitey ones though.

2-1 loss vs Goblins, 1-0 loss vs Flings, 1-1 draw vs Chorfs... bizarre scoresheet! My team only really woke up for the final game (which I nearly won!)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

ineptmule posted:

Hey dude! Good trip report. My day was pretty abysmal, but it serves me right for bringing Vampires. I do love the bitey ones though.

2-1 loss vs Goblins, 1-0 loss vs Flings, 1-1 draw vs Chorfs... bizarre scoresheet! My team only really woke up for the final game (which I nearly won!)

Ouch! What was your roster in the end? I had a quick go at trying to make one, and couldn't think of a decent setup - Vamps have no decent/affordable stars to cover the only-one-skill-per-player problem.

Will you be going to the one in January? I'm tempted but it depends if I go to the Underworlds tourney at WHW.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Roster was:

3 Vampires - 2 Block, 1 Dodge
9 Thralls - 1 Sure Hands, 1 Kick
Wilhelmina Chaney
3 Rerolls
1 Fan Factor

You’re right, overcoming the 1 skill per player limit is hard. It’s why a reasonably priced star like Chaney is desirable. He’s a bit of an all rounder, a Move 8 Catch player synergises well with having AG4 players so you can set up a pass and run, and a ST4 Frenzy player opens up surfing options. The Claw is just gravy, without Mighty Blow the chance of getting his hits to stick is still fairly low, but it’s better than nothing. Wrestle has been useful a couple of times in combination with Frenzy and two hypno Vamps to pop the ball from a cage.

But Vampires are not a great tourney team (or a great team at all really, they also can really struggle in League.) You really need Nuffle’s blessing to get anywhere.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Thundercloud posted:

If your hobby isn't tabletop gaming but bitching about GW then think for a while as to what you get out of that as a hobby. Is that level of negativity good for you? Why do you seek out things to then not enjoy them? Is that a use of your time that you'll be happy with on your deathbed?

berzerkmonkey posted:

Heaven forbid people express enjoyment in something.

Nobody said poo poo about people enjoying things.

The point was just that GW didn't support BB for years even with lots of demand.

This is a fact and getting defensive over GW and screeching "you just wanna poo poo on gw!" accomplishes nothing.

Heaven forbid people discuss the past of the hobby. You're railing against a non existent strawman of your own creation. Don't do that.

The entire point was that people do like blood bowl.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 14, 2018

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Nobody said poo poo about people enjoying things.

The point was just that GW didn't support BB for years even with lots of demand.

This is a fact and getting defensive over GW and screeching "you just wanna poo poo on gw!" accomplishes nothing.

Heaven forbid people discuss the past of the hobby. You're railing against a non existent strawman of your own creation. Don't do that.

The entire point was that people do like blood bowl.

My response was in response to Hixon's "bitching" comment.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Squat Thunderfires

I got you bro

How many do you need? (if you want trackless I can do that too)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Zaphod42 posted:

This attitude wherein anyone who doesn't agree with you is dismissed as some sort of unreasoning GW 'fanboy' is really lovely, and doesn't help any of the points you try to make.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Is every single one of these GW-game threads just a toxic argumentative mess?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Endman posted:

I know you are, but what am I?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Endman posted:

pretty much

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

Endman posted:

Some folks get unseasonably defensive about "their thing" in this case gw. Its ok to critique things, its one method of improvement, but there is a pretty hard wall when it comes to man dollies apparently. Usually met with claims of poo poo posting, psychological problems, or just straight go F yourself an die responses.

Over lovingly painted toys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

This attitude wherein anyone who doesn't agree with you is dismissed as some sort of unreasoning GW 'fanboy' is really lovely, and doesn't help any of the points you try to make.

Show me where I remotely said that, that's total bs

Like what in the hell. Were you even following the thread or did you just jump to conclusions?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Zaphod42 posted:

Like what in the hell. Were you even following the thread or did you just jump to conclusions?

I think you know the answer already.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Prepare to be crushed by logic

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Some folks get unseasonably defensive about "their thing" in this case gw. Its ok to critique things, its one method of improvement, but there is a pretty hard wall when it comes to man dollies apparently. Usually met with claims of poo poo posting, psychological problems, or just straight go F yourself an die responses.

I mean how is critique of the game to fans of the game going to help improvement when none of these people are responsible for creating the game. Quit tryin’ to hide your shitpostin’ and just embrace it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If people feel like moderation is required please report specific offending posts. I don't follow this thread very much so I don't have any context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

People defend "their thing" because they enjoy it. And the problem isn't their defense of that thing, it's the unwavering "your thing sucks, and you're defending it because you're a fanboy and/or corporate shill and any opposition to my goading is going to be met with snark."

I don't think any who enjoy GW products disagree with the fact that GW has made huge mistakes. The truth is that GW has stepped up it's game and is actually making good (albeit expensive) products and has earned some goodwill. I'm pretty sure nobody is going to get into a death match over this stupid circular discussion, but the trolling is tiresome.