Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Every day is 3/28 day. Forever and ever, until time immemorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Every day is 3/28 day. Forever and ever, until time immemorial.

Amen.

Falconing; Falconed
noun
1. Nearly achieving greatness before failing in the most dramatic way possible
"Man, we nearly closed that huge sale before Jerry Falconed it"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The proper celebration starts at 2:08.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I look at that image and I still don't believe it lol

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

weird Asian candy posted:

I look at that image and I still don't believe it lol

It blows me away every time.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

It blows me away every time.

Just the sheer amount of stuff that had to happen for them to blow that lead still boggles my mind. All the what ifs come back. And despite all that, if they would have just run the ball after that amazing sideline Julio catch and kick a fg (granted Bryant had to make it but he isn't called Money Matt for nothing) they still would have won in spite of themselves. lol this franchise.

Maybe one day...sigh...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

The proper celebration starts at 2:08.

gently caress this dead, gay earth.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Just the sheer amount of stuff that had to happen for them to blow that lead still boggles my mind. All the what ifs come back. And despite all that, if they would have just run the ball after that amazing sideline Julio catch and kick a fg (granted Bryant had to make it but he isn't called Money Matt for nothing) they still would have won in spite of themselves. lol this franchise.

Maybe one day...sigh...

THAT loving NEAR INTERCEPTION THAT BECAME A CIRCUS CATCH

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

THAT loving NEAR INTERCEPTION THAT BECAME A CIRCUS CATCH

Yeah man, so much stuff had to happen looking back it's almost comical. Brady probably should have thrown at least 5 picks that game and 2 pick 6's. The Free whiffed block. The Jake hold. The tipped balls that ended up in Pat's receivers hands. The failure to run. The failure to kick the fg to go up by 11.

Almost. This franchise is cursed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Yeah man, so much stuff had to happen looking back it's almost comical. Brady probably should have thrown at least 5 picks that game and 2 pick 6's. The Free whiffed block. The Jake hold. The tipped balls that ended up in Pat's receivers hands. The failure to run. The failure to kick the fg to go up by 11.

Almost. This franchise is cursed.

It's the whole city, man. All those hall of fame pitchers for so many years and only 1 loving world series. Curses are the only acceptable explanation.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It's the whole city, man. All those hall of fame pitchers for so many years and only 1 loving world series. Curses are the only acceptable explanation.

Very true. Those Braves squads should have been a dynasty.

Then there's the Hawks.

lol

Atlanta musta been built on an ancient indian burial ground like Poltergeist.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Nah just all the dead people burned alive by Sherman

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Very true. Those Braves squads should have been a dynasty.

Then there's the Hawks.

lol

God drat, the HAWKS, man. We've got a grade A point guard in Dennis Schroeder. He put up 40 points the other night, he's an absolute animal...

But he's a lovely leader, a bad attitude, and he's probably going to jail for beating the poo poo out of a guy in a bar.

Don't meet your heroes, kids. I miss Jeff Teague.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The DISRESPECT is real!

https://twitter.com/Bucs_Nation/status/979184683232710657?s=19

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol 25 of 32? I think that's pretty reasonable. wtf

e: 20-25 are pretty interchangeable but anything higher than that is wishful thinking for Bucs

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 29, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I like how the author admits that he has no good arguments for why they should be higher lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Gil is usually pretty level headed as a writer but the Bucs are right where they should be.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Gil is usually pretty level headed as a writer but the Bucs are right where they should be.

Finished last in the nfc: south.

Agreed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I am glad the falcons lost the super bowl.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

Same.

Probably the only falcons fans I feel any sympathy for on the entire planet are itt.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

wandler20 posted:

Bucs are one of those teams that will tease you with success. The idea of Mike Evans and Desean Jackson and OJ Howard catching passes from Jameis Winston should be scary, if everything pans out. They have a couple good pieces to build around on defense, like McKoy.

But yeah, I can’t see anyone slotting them above 20 until Winston makes the leap from young and talented to actually good.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Sup 0-2 fam :hfive:

We are doing it the right away. Just lol if you have already experienced the pinnacle of your fandom just lol

:smithicide:

Also you are all good people itt. NFSS >

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Slowpoke! posted:

Bucs are one of those teams that will tease you with success. The idea of Mike Evans and Desean Jackson and OJ Howard catching passes from Jameis Winston should be scary, if everything pans out. They have a couple good pieces to build around on defense, like McKoy.

But yeah, I can’t see anyone slotting them above 20 until Winston makes the leap from young and talented to actually good.

His shoulder injury derailed the season but when he came back he was pretty good for the last 5 games. 19:11 TD:INT ratio is a huge improvement for him. He did have fumble issues last year which is because he tries too hard to make plays at times. You have to assume that gets better with age.

Ugh, all those close losses.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean, jokes on both of us, really. Both Franchises up to 2 losses on the biggest stage now?

Slowpoke! posted:

I think the problem with the Buccs offense has been that Joe loving Hawley is considered a starting center on that line.

I like Joe Brawley as much as the next guy, but an under-sized guy isn't gonna be great in pass protection situations.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 29, 2018

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, jokes on both of us, really. Both Franchises up to 2 losses on the biggest stage now?

We feel your pain :smith:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

I think the problem with the Buccs offense has been that Joe loving Hawley is considered a starting center on that line.

I like Joe Brawley as much as the next guy, but an under-sized guy isn't gonna be great in pass protection situations.

Yeah, the line was pretty bad last year. Adding Ryan Jenson to C and moving Marpet back to guard should help. I wouldn't mind seeing them draft Nelson and cutting Sweezy, who is terrible.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A few of those Winston fumbles came from snaps too. Marpet never really could seem to get the exchange down and lead to high/bad snaps and turnovers. I know they added a lot along the D-line but I think the biggest immediate improvement is going to be at center.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

One of these years the Bucs are going to be legit, they are gonna march right through the playoffs to the superbowl and win it and I'm gonna be sitting here like wtf

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

The idea of Mike Evans and Desean Jackson and OJ Howard catching passes from Jameis Winston should be scary, if everything pans out.

Again, this was me in the last offseason. Somehow, it didn't pan out and it wasn't scary.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

One of these years the Bucs are going to be legit, they are gonna march right through the playoffs to the superbowl and win it and I'm gonna be sitting here like wtf

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Yup, that's what'll happen. Meanwhile we are over here with our 99.99% win probability trophy!

:cool:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Yup, that's what'll happen. Meanwhile we are over here with our 99.99% win probability trophy!

:cool:

I wanna fuckin' diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chilichimp posted:

Falcons and Panthers both lost to the Patriots and Broncos.

loving weird man.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

loving weird man.

The most annoying thing is how it happened. Falcons fans have obviously had it shoved in their faces a million times over but in the Panthers denver game.

The turf was absolute dogshit which hinders offenses massively and Panthers receivers slipped and slid a lot, so did the offensive line (I fully acknowledged they were outmatched). Thomas Davis broke his arm in the lead up. There was a really bad call on a 24 yard pass to Cotchery that was disallowed, 2 plays later Von Miller scored on a fumble recovery. There was a weird punt where the Panthers gunners just looked at the returner thinking he'd waved a fair catch and he scooted 61 yards for a return. Gano doinked an easy field goal. Then there was a a typical Ginn moment where he slapped a ball into the safeties hands for an INT. Tolbert fumbled 3 times on drives where the team looked effective.

Just loving weird ugly game from Carolina where everything that could go wrong did.

Everyone goes back to the Cam fumble but there was a 10 point swing resulting from the most bizarre poo poo I've ever seen in a Panthers game.

I kept thinking this was the worst thing to happen to an NFC South team in a superbowl. Luckily the Falcons weren't to be out done.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CannonFodder posted:

loving weird man.

Maybe they'll get the chance to lose to Pittsburgh

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

BlindSite posted:

I kept thinking this was the worst thing to happen to an NFC South team in a superbowl. Luckily the Falcons weren't to be out done.

but what if...we became the best in the nfc south at losing? doh hoh hoh, delightfully devilish quinn

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

but what if...we became the best in the nfc south at losing? doh hoh hoh, delightfully devilish quinn

I'm pretty sure we sealed that up in February 2017.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chilichimp posted:

I'm pretty sure we sealed that up in February 2017.
To keep with the Simpsons, :thejoke:

Panthers went 15-1 and brought a high scoring offense and a great defense to the Super Bowl. The defense was solid and the offense was a wet fart. Oh and during the kick that was doinked Aqib Talib was way offsides.

Falcons the next year said "I'm gonna pass instead of run the ball. That always works against the Patriots. Hold my beer."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

To keep with the Simpsons, :thejoke:

Panthers went 15-1 and brought a high scoring offense and a great defense to the Super Bowl. The defense was solid and the offense was a wet fart. Oh and during the kick that was doinked Aqib Talib was way offsides.

Falcons the next year said "I'm gonna pass instead of run the ball. That always works against the Patriots. Hold my beer."

The Falcons woulda beat the Broncos. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

The Falcons woulda beat the Broncos. :911:

They couldn't when they had their chance.

• Locked thread