Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like there is a lot more bullshit going around with this newest patch. People lagging through door or walls and all sorts of mad headshots.

I got hit once with an AK and got knocked down while wearing level 2 armor and hat and it said I got hit by a head shot, but my helmet was undamaged and still on my head.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

There was a dude earlier who was just mumbling "Obamacare... Obamacare.." and walked into the ocean.

lmbo

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Gotta say once I went from hiding in fields to running through fields I got alot better at this.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
lived the dream tonight, got the see/shoot through walls bug. ruined the night for several people, felt gewd

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Good soup! posted:

Man I love coming within inches of getting a solo chicken dinner only for the game to lag the gently caress out at a crucial moment

early access :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHXr23vW7Fs

Kind of an old post to reply to but this isn't exactly lag and can be reproduced quite often. It's some kind of pathing/sync issue, it happens very frequently around corners, and in some cases trees/other players. The guy saying this is your internet connection is a retard hth

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

At the end of the day we are all retards swimming in a diving pool of chewed eggo waffles and maple syrup

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Apparently there's a bug where you can kill someone with squadmates still alive skipping straight past DBNO.

https://streamable.com/93ohd

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Badfinger posted:

Apparently there's a bug where you can kill someone with squadmates still alive skipping straight past DBNO.

https://streamable.com/93ohd

lol holy moly

they got owned
cars: still good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSFx9hHCcjM

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
that kinda looks like the opposite, the dbno guys should have died when their last squad member was downed

edit: that said, today i shot a guy who was the 2nd person in his duo and he went dbno for about 0.5 seconds and then died (because his squad mate was dead)

LE
Oct 19, 2002

Good to see the physics engine is still in top form after the patch.

https://streamable.com/ta5e4

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It finally happened. After a third place finish just a couple games earlier we made a call to play one more game for the night. Felt good man.

Props to Inspector666 for being the last man standing after the firefight in the final circle (and getting to watch the final kill die to the blue wall)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm still riding that adrenaline high. :dong:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

LE posted:

Good to see the physics engine is still in top form after the patch.

https://streamable.com/ta5e4

I hope they never ever fix this kind of thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

played a few rounds of solos and duos tonight

i have to admit that goons were right, the game was lag-ical tonight so im cutting my losses and going to bed

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
we always play squad games 3-handed so we have a slight handicap but we've been chicken dinnering basically every night recently.

pro strat is basically always drive to the center of the circle after picking up enough gear for fights, then find a big house (big enough to dodge grenades). nothing beats a house since it's extremely safe to revive people.

since there's no real way to go ninja with a big group, positioning is everything. that's our take on it anyway.

also, always land on those big apartments together so you don't have people randomly dying early on but still get enough loot for everyone.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I guessed I lucked out on NA tonight because I didn't have any noticeable lag. Even made second place in a solo and might have won if I'd stood up with a gun in my hands instead of nothing after throwing a flashbang.

On second thought, I started playing while the flashbang was removed so I've never actually seen how (in)effective it is in this game. Maybe that was a dumb play anyhow.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
bike trip report:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Bikes: Good

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Just had some VSS scope shots miss by about 5 feet right at 200 m. There isn't east-west wind considerations on sniping right? Just bullet drop?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pleads posted:

Just had some VSS scope shots miss by about 5 feet right at 200 m. There isn't east-west wind considerations on sniping right? Just bullet drop?

Correct.

The current hot take on the VSS is "just use an UMP instead"

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

:smith:

May be the only time I ever see the drat thing.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I love the vss

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I was in a game with MrGrimmz and he died immediately :( I made it to final 9 then died to blue because of the lovely inventory management system :v

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The one useful thing about the VSS is the rangefinder on it actually works. Put the guy in the slopey bit, it tells you how many hundreds of meters away the dude is based on lining up his feet with the bottom and head with the top. Then switch to a good gun and zero it for that distance to take the shot.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

NA server lag (I guess?) is bonkers right now. Anything that requires USE to do is a 50/50 crapshoot on whether your guy will do it or not. This update also changed the layout of the bunkers, there is a lot more cover on the long hallways now.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Lag/stuttering is hugely improved for me, but I ran into the DBNO bug a few times. I'm guessing that one will be fixed rather quickly.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Correct.

The current hot take on the VSS is "just use an UMP instead"

Yeah I feel like I've given it a fair shot now, and it's just not very good. Tiny magazine, ridiculously slow bullets, crappy range and damage. The 4x and the best silencer in the game mean that it probably does have some situational uses, but in a straight up gunfight it's poop, and as a sniper it's poop. Maybe if you've got a really good hiding place in one of the final circles it can shine, but that magazine capacity even then...

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Bardeh posted:

Yeah I feel like I've given it a fair shot now, and it's just not very good. Tiny magazine, ridiculously slow bullets, crappy range and damage. The 4x and the best silencer in the game mean that it probably does have some situational uses, but in a straight up gunfight it's poop, and as a sniper it's poop. Maybe if you've got a really good hiding place in one of the final circles it can shine, but that magazine capacity even then...

I'm assuming it has the same damage as the UMP through the little bit of testing I've done with it. It's 5 hits on level 1 or 2 armor, 7 on level 3 and 6 hits on legs/arms to kill. It's just not worth the bad damage and bad capacity, combined with the slow reload time.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
It has an extended mag tho?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
if there's updated damage for guns + new gun lemme know and i'll fix the damage chart for the op

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Static! posted:

It has an extended mag tho?

So you get up to 20, which means up to half of the UMP's max. It's a gun that requires volume to kill, 10 certainly doesn't cut it and 20 isn't amazing either. And again, the reload times are long.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
got on a bike, went about 200 m, hit a slight bump and flipped forward in the air, smashed against the ground and died.

bikes are excellent

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Utgardaloki posted:

got on a bike, went about 200 m, hit a slight bump and flipped forward in the air, smashed against the ground and died.

bikes are excellent

high risk high reward

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Lag wasn't any different from normal after the update, well, until about half an hour ago. I got a minute of standing still in a field because it said my connection was poo poo and the game froze me, then it went back to the regular jank for me. Everyone else on the server seemed to have big problems with it. I came upon three separate people who looked like they lagged out, they were just sitting in a building or behind a rock and noisily I ran up to them with no response, even after shooting one of them they didn't react. The circle stopped contracting for a good five minutes until it started back up again.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
The VSS is an extremely powerful early game/early mid game rifle that should be replaced once you find a rifle and optics, or a silenced UMP.

It's a fairly niche gun that I can see getting a buff by the next patch.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Yeah I think it's under powered as well. The 9x39 bullets are massive and it could model one of the better types of rounds that have some penetration.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Jigoku San posted:

Yeah I think it's under powered as well. The 9x39 bullets are massive and it could model one of the better types of rounds that have some penetration.

The bullet has twice the weight as a 9x19mm round, which should count for something. I mean if an SKS can do more damage than an AK for balance purposes, then the VSS should do more than than the UMP.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

The bullet has twice the weight as a 9x19mm round, which should count for something. I mean if an SKS can do more damage than an AK for balance purposes, then the VSS should do more than than the UMP.

9x39 is roughly comparable in bullet weight and velocity to .45 ACP. It should be doing .45 damage at the least.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Verviticus posted:

that kinda looks like the opposite, the dbno guys should have died when their last squad member was downed

edit: that said, today i shot a guy who was the 2nd person in his duo and he went dbno for about 0.5 seconds and then died (because his squad mate was dead)

It's possible and that guy was just massively salty, but there were still at least parts of 2 squads active in town. We got wiped in the next couple minutes and there were people fighting in multiple places there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

You're always meant to be DBNO if squadmates are alive? I never knew that. I thought you could insta-die if the person shooting you landed a really damaging headshot or close-range shotgun blast to the abdomen. I've instantly died so many times and just thought it was normal.

• Locked thread