Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
"Holy poo poo Andrew just finish home stuck and finish whistles the clown"
-- K C Green

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jan 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I owned whistles the clown once. That book was hosed up. I wonder if I still have it.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Whistles was pretty great.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
He should write a script for the second half and pay people to draw it for him.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also make a physical copy of AIDS please.

I kind of wonder if it's still possible though. I think he sold a few original pages for charity. Hope he has good digital scans of them.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

TinTower posted:

Y'all are talking about the second worst character, right? Because the worst character is objectively Cronus.

Counterpoint: because of Cronus, this exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqj6PykWlww

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Bobulus posted:

Keep us up to date. (Not sarcasm. I enjoy hearing new reader reactions)

Terezi's password keeps coming up and its killing me waiting to find out what it is.

I am at the part where Scratch is narrating. Clicking through the scrapbook photo's. Dead Vriska is going on a dream date with DaveJOHN who I think is the dead DaveJOHN from the alternate timeline that Vriska killed so he doesn't know her yet in this cosmically elegant joke. Loved the duality between the banner and the frame as two screens.

Karkat continues to have hilarious ALL CAPITAL ONE LINERS. (Also his future and past selves selfhating to being whatever relationship a Spade is until Jade blunted it to a Club I thought was kinda clever, just as I think the whole Troll social system is confusing yet clever.)

I was enjoying it the most when all the stable time loops were still vague and mysterious. But I fully expect things to get confusing again.

EDIT: JOHN who for being the "Hero" also manages to be the essential strait man in this joke.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 25, 2015

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Not TOO spoilery, I hope, but nah stable time loops are generally pretty straightforward. It's a narrative thing as well as a plot thing (i.e a Stable timeloop has to make sense, or it's not stable.)

Well, no more confusing than time travel in general.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

ikanreed posted:

Hussie is clearly the best troll.
New thread title?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

M_Gargantua posted:

Terezi's password keeps coming up and its killing me waiting to find out what it is.
It's going to make sense quite a ways in the future, so try to put your death on hold for now.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

I am at the part where Scratch is narrating. Clicking through the scrapbook photo's. Dead Vriska is going on a dream date with Dave who I think is the dead Dave from the alternate timeline that Vriska killed so he doesn't know her yet in this cosmically elegant joke. Loved the duality between the banner and the frame as two screens.

Karkat continues to have hilarious ALL CAPITAL ONE LINERS. (Also his future and past selves selfhating to being whatever relationship a Spade is until Jade blunted it to a Club I thought was kinda clever, just as I think the whole Troll social system is confusing yet clever.)

I was enjoying it the most when all the stable time loops were still vague and mysterious. But I fully expect things to get confusing again.

You mean John right? Also yeah don't worry about Homestuck getting too simple.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'd actually be really interested to see the reaction of someone reading the comic for the first time who manages to actually guess one of Terezi's passwords. It might actually simulate how strange the retcons are for characters experiencing them as they happen.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I just watched Cascade for the Nth time. It never stops being cool, and I always spot a new detail or a scene that makes sense for the first time.

Jade with the planets rules all.

e: Do we know who bit Kanaya on the meteor and turned her into a rainbow drinker?

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 26, 2015

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Plom Bar posted:

Counterpoint: because of Cronus, this exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqj6PykWlww

I can't stop watching this.

What have you done to me?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

e: Do we know who bit Kanaya on the meteor and turned her into a rainbow drinker?

Nobody did, she just became one when she died

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

Zoe posted:

I can't stop watching this.

What have you done to me?

It didn't take the thread to get here, did it?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

sirtommygunn posted:

Nobody did, she just became one when she died
There's a chance Karkat's class and aspect had something to do with it. Even though her dreamself died, he still kissed her hoping she'd revive.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The Dolorosa was a drinker as well, so I think it's just inherent in Kanaya—she's the troll equivalent of a dhampir or something.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

The Dolorosa was a drinker as well, so I think it's just inherent in Kanaya—she's the troll equivalent of a dhampir or something.

If I remember correctly, there's a conversation between her and Porrim in MeenahQuest part 3 which says that, despite all the buildup and mystery, coming back from the dead as a glowing bloodsucker is completely normal behaviour for jadebloods.

Sometimes it almost seems like Hussie's making this poo poo up as he goes along, huh?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

I actually kind of like her. She's Phycho and ruins everything, like the ultimate Munchkin. But she's got a lot of character and a cool design.

The people who hate Vriska for her "ruins everything" aspect better fuckin' hate Gamzee and Caliborn twice as much.

Fuckers are like king poo poo of fuckup mountain of ruining everything.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This is also glorious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKfP9N28buk

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
This might've been posted before in this thread (I'm not going back to check) and it was done by the same person who did the Cronus video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L_gOBfGl2A

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

kurona_bright posted:

This might've been posted before in this thread (I'm not going back to check) and it was done by the same person who did the Cronus video.

Oh good, more videos I can watch over and over. And no Cronus so less shame.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Zoe posted:

Oh good, another video I can watch over and over. And no Cronus so less shame.

I take delight in your decreased productivity. :)

Also the artist for the Cronus and not-Cronus video is working on a much longer work that'll feature all the ancestors. I think she said that she'll be finished with it in like February or March, after around like 2 years?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This one will do until a gut-punch comes along. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWC16tibFcE

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Note to Self posted:

Sometimes it almost seems like Hussie's making this poo poo up as he goes along, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8HOWTja_s&t=37s

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Oxyclean posted:

The people who hate Vriska for her "ruins everything" aspect better fuckin' hate Gamzee and Caliborn twice as much.

I think the real issue is that Gamzee and Caliborn are SUPPOSED to screw everything up.
Caliborn is an immature shitinfant (:allears: Thanks, Karkat) and Gamzee is a horrible clown whose job it is to gently caress everything up.

Vriska seems to have no real character anymore beyond "gently caress everyone elses plans up, execute badly planned strategy relying entirely on luck (which isn't unforgivable, considering), then when that fucks up repeat". It felt more novel when she was actually learning, but now she got a LITERAL reset, so...

I liked her, but the character arc is really played out at this point. Maybe she'll have actually changed when 8r8k is over.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If this thread is in the "let's post Homestuck videos that need to be seen over and over again" phase, here's the one that should never be forgotten:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Cat Mattress posted:

If this thread is in the "let's post Homestuck videos that need to be seen over and over again" phase, here's the one that should never be forgotten:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

This video retroactively justifies the entire existence of Homestuck and all things related.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQwLbNY21VU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This one will do until a gut-punch comes along. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWC16tibFcE
Is it time to post tear jerkers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0100eT9plg

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dear, sweet, precious Fefetasprite Nepeta :smith:

edit: Lovin that even in the afterlife Eridan is sad and friendzoned

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

kurona_bright posted:

This song pretty regularly gets stuck in my head thanks to this video. I've definitely liked some of her other work too!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Screw breaking out tear jerkers for 'feels' and such, have a comedy number.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like where this Paradox Space is going.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Oxyclean posted:

As far as I can tell p much everybody hates Act 6 Gamzee and Caliborn, yeah :confused:

Note that I had like three Gamzeetars in a row and now I don't have one anymore (this is because Gamzee sucks now)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Evil Mastermind posted:

I like where this Paradox Space is going.

The previous one was also pretty good, and a great reminder that Grandpa is Jake (ie a colossal dork)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I have been rereading all of Homestuck in random gobbets (because self-mutilation is fun, that's why) and I definitely think that the Mayor is going to have a critical role to play in the endgame, or the mid-end-game, or something like that. It's fine if he's just a throwaway character whom everybody loves, but I think there's more to him than that: the kids are so much more obsessed with him than with any of the other carapacians. Even evil!Jade regrets eviling all over the Mayor.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Classtoise posted:

Vriska seems to have no real character anymore beyond "gently caress everyone elses plans up, execute badly planned strategy relying entirely on luck (which isn't unforgivable, considering), then when that fucks up repeat". It felt more novel when she was actually learning, but now she got a LITERAL reset, so...

I liked her, but the character arc is really played out at this point. Maybe she'll have actually changed when 8r8k is over.
I think you've put into words how I've been feeling about this update. Vriska is very entertaining to watch and read, but the substance she had in Act 5 and even parts of Act 6 is all but gone now with this retcon. I didn't really care much for happy dorky Vriska, but you couldn't deny she grew as a character. This retcon has undone all of that now, which is kind of against the whole point of Homestuck being a very complicated coming of age story.

Sure Caliborn is a poo poo who never grows up and learns, but that's the point of his character. It shouldn't be the point of Vriska's. Her character arc really has just gone off the rails and it definitely has a lot to do with her being Hussie's pet favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to do something I normally wouldn't do.

But we've got a few months so hey.

Why not go insane.

There are these Let's Read Homestuck videos.

I actually can't stand most of the voices for the kids...except for two.

Fef and Eridan have the perfect voices. Terezie also has a pretty good voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRIYrrZMGwY

Join me in hell. Join me! (This is a cry for help)