Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

yeah because we all know RVD is really a traitor to Impact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1687903107009667072?t=h9kUdKhxL_JKQiWa_jIVWg&s=19

I don't get it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They're saying that half the AEW roster would never have been signed because Cornette would've put his foot down at Tony hiring them. So they be wrestling on some "Outlaw Mud Show" held at a Army Reserve armory.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
If Cornette had said yes to Tony, he'd have been dead from an aneurysm within a week of starting due to the Elite bullying him like the Bucks did when he tried to work a program with them.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Remember when money mark meant some idiot who was duped into funding a doomed to fail promotion because he had no idea how the business worked and not the guy who owns the 2nd biggest wrestling promotion in the world, but he actually likes wrestling, which is bad for some reason.

Money mark is someone who pays unspecified wrestlers I stopped liking this week.

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
I'm not even an AEW watcher, but if I was asked who was the better promoter - a man whose peak was drawing about 5,000 people to an auditorium in Tennessee, or a man who drew 60,000 with an unannounced card at Wembley stadium, I'd probably pick the latter

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there any proof that Tony ever actually offered Jim a job? I can’t imagine he would have been high on the Bucks’ or Kenny’s lists.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

this kid is nuts posted:

I'm not even an AEW watcher, but if I was asked who was the better promoter - a man whose peak was drawing about 5,000 people to an auditorium in Tennessee, or a man who drew 60,000 with an unannounced card at Wembley stadium, I'd probably pick the latter

78000 now with only 1 match announced!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

In what world would Cornette hire Lufisto

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

In what world would Cornette hire Lufisto

Did you miss LuFisto's reign as ROH World Women's Champion during Cornette's tenure????????

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is there any proof that Tony ever actually offered Jim a job? I can’t imagine he would have been high on the Bucks’ or Kenny’s lists.

I would imagine Tony has offered most people with historical ties to wrestling comped access to a show or offered to even compensate for an appearance.
It's wild how many former promoters have gone off the deep end when this didn't manifest into a career with AEW.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ganso Bomb posted:

he absolutely never offered Jim a job.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dynamite has already outlived Smoky Mountain's entire run and will pass Nitro in about a year and a half. The idea that Tony needs to listen to these old fuckers to be successful continues being more laughable by the year.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Davros1 posted:

They're saying that half the AEW roster would never have been signed because Cornette would've put his foot down at Tony hiring them. So they be wrestling on some "Outlaw Mud Show" held at a Army Reserve armory.

At first I took it as if Cornette was hired AEW would be holding shows in armorys and I was like, yeah probably.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Frankly, I’m amazed Corny’s whole grift didn’t fall apart when the Bucks talked about how he wanted to work together and he was just getting heat for their program.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I guess the follow up is 'has any AEW regular been dunking on LuFisto?'

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LuFisto went off on second hand stories about people plotting against Thunder Rosa with Tony Khan in attendance. Usual dumb poo poo that wrestlers do in public that would be a kiss of death in any other profession.

It is also worth noting that the claims LuFisto mentioned were immediately squashed by Britt Baker. An actual professional.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dawgstar posted:

MJF posted:

If you listen to miserable people who never made it in this sport that’s not exactly the brightest thing to do. Use your brain. If someone’s been in professional wrestling for over a decade and you find them to be talented but they’ve never truly “panned out” there’s a reason for it.

1. Lack of talent.

2. Difficulty to work with.

3. Delusional Just to name a few.

People love to talk ill of companies and will say things like “I’m the only person who’s brave enough to speak up.”

When in reality the only reason you’re spewing bullsh*t is because you are aware deep down you aren’t going to make it so what’s the harm in spewing reckless lies and trying to hurt hard working talented people on your way down to obscurity.

We have an amazing women’s locker room.

Sorry not sorry.
Most other responses have been deleted.
Dustin had a reply along the lines of "Sometimes coaching involves tough love, and can sound cruel. I hope you wind up where you want on your journey," in response to her first allegations, since he was named as having said her performance was awful when approached, but it's gone.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

A whole bunch of women (incl. Nyla, Ruby, Tay, Renee, Taya, Saraya, and Madison) have tweeted denying there's any toxic cliquishness of the sort LuFisto claimed.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/5deuce4tre7/status/1687542417140916225?s=46

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Most other responses have been deleted.
Dustin had a reply along the lines of "Sometimes coaching involves tough love, and can sound cruel. I hope you wind up where you want on your journey," in response to her first allegations, since he was named as having said her performance was awful when approached, but it's gone.

Should be noted a lot of them were deleted after Lufisto admitted to her mental health history (thoughts of suicide etc) and said this situation was putting her back in that place

Her social media accounts being deleted entirely afterwards could/should be good for her in terms of getting away from that feeling but they're also real bad for anyone wanting to check in on her/make sure she's feeling better

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Chris James 2 posted:

Should be noted a lot of them were deleted after Lufisto admitted to her mental health history (thoughts of suicide etc) and said this situation was putting her back in that place

Her social media accounts being deleted entirely afterwards could/should be good for her in terms of getting away from that feeling but they're also real bad for anyone wanting to check in on her/make sure she's feeling better
Ah I didn't know she was in a bad place. I'd hope and expect folks close to her have other means of getting in touch to make sure she's okay and doesn't do anything that can't be undone.
Though I wonder if her spilling dirt had resulted in a more positive reception if she'd be mindful of say Sky Blue's mental health.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1688056681454878722?t=PfCvV5acLTMaQ0Fj0AhTUA&s=19

This person has never seen a Dome main event show ending in the entire lives.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

My favorite Dome ending was Tanahashi getting on a mic and calling Okada a bitch rear end punk loser as Okada walked away in tears.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1688056681454878722?t=PfCvV5acLTMaQ0Fj0AhTUA&s=19

“Ends Tokyo Domes” in that it would end all shows ever happening at the Tokyo Dome if this main evented it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dimebags Brain posted:

My favorite Dome ending was Tanahashi getting on a mic and calling Okada a bitch rear end punk loser as Okada walked away in tears.

The ending to WK9 ruled so hard

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/theenemiespe3/status/1688040554200809473?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Going to start begging people to watch any wrestling from before... I dunno... 2023?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Dawgstar posted:

Going to start begging people to watch any wrestling from before... I dunno... 2023?

Also perhaps any movie at all. Even a bad one!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
only movies have plot twists out of nowhere, a plot twist out of nowhere has never happened in any other medium

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Movies end. This storyline seems to have no end in sight.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

TV Zombie posted:

Movies end. This storyline seems to have no end in sight.

some of yall have never seen Edge of Tomorrow and it shows. this feud will keep looping back upon itself until Cody can figure out how to beat Roman

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So are the Fed stans still believing that this ends with Jey's cathartic victory over abuse or have they pivoted to Cody finishing the story at WM40?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Jey overcoming his abuse is going to be him interfering so Cody wins, that's his big reward in all of this

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

why do the wrestlers doing run ins wear masks only to immediately take them off even before their face would have been seen on camera

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody winning but with bloodline interference so there’s still a * next to his big story ending title win would be almost as funny as him not winning at all

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CommonShore posted:

why do the wrestlers doing run ins wear masks only to immediately take them off even before their face would have been seen on camera

They’re always taken over by their own huge egos

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lid posted:

He is loosely kinda right in the sense that it would have been a much better go home moment/show closer than anything that followed it.

He should have just said it would have been a better show ending than trying to make it about Japanese wrestling though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I love how they've just decided to repeatedly ape the movie stuff, as if lovely movies don't exist somehow.