Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Roman posted:

There are now crystals at the boss fight in Will of the Thousands. No one knows what to do with them yet, they're immune to damage.
https://imgur.com/a/jMMEpXc

Might be a thing like shooting the eggs with wish ender or whatever.

looks like it's part of the rose quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

General Battuta posted:

Huh. The Calus fanfic lore is charming, hilarious, and creepy, but I feel like it also kills any chance of using him as a serious character. Maybe I’m completely out of touch.

He's just a big fat guy going hog wild and enjoying the show, what's not to like?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Are there any menagerie weapons with good pvp potential?

speaking of, once a lot of people get their hands on the new crucible sniper (revoker) it's gonna be an insane camp fest

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Judge Tesla posted:

He's just a big fat guy going hog wild and enjoying the show, what's not to like?

Calus is a bro and not our friend. He's a product of modernity. Whereas Oryx was tiresome and dated.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Calus just wants to recruit the most powerful warriors out there and the game's generation of guardians have 100% roasted everything the universe has thrown at them so of course he showed up to act all buddy with us.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Should I wait until later to open the free rune chests on the barge? I haven't bought any of the improved rune drop upgrades yet, will those drop from the chests?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

Should I wait until later to open the free rune chests on the barge? I haven't bought any of the improved rune drop upgrades yet, will those drop from the chests?

I opened them all and got a shitton of the basic 3 runes, so probably best to wait

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roman posted:

Cross save incoming, announced tomorrow. Looks legit.

https://twitter.com/GinsorKR/status/1136239019887607808

That'll get me playing on pcbox all the time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Rumor also has it the PC version will be available on Google Stadia, if you don't get enough input lag on console.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Roman posted:

Cross save incoming, announced tomorrow. Looks legit.

https://twitter.com/GinsorKR/status/1136239019887607808

I hope that this is true and I can somehow hop over to Xbox from PS4. The game's on sale on XBL right now and I've been getting really frustrated with how noisy my PS4 is. Hope D2 ain't dead on the Bone.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SUNKOS posted:

I hope that this is true and I can somehow hop over to Xbox from PS4. The game's on sale on XBL right now and I've been getting really frustrated with how noisy my PS4 is. Hope D2 ain't dead on the Bone.

Not any deader!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Okay, we get it.

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/1136328179780468736

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

im still not owned

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Deej saying would you like to know more like he's a space Nazi

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If Sony doesn't play nice I'm at least glad Twitch streamers and the 40 people total across both PC and Xbox can have fun playing together

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
PC pop is live bro everyone is excited to be back bro it’s bro time dude let’s get some games going

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Except it's not cross play it's just making your characters available on more than one platform.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Always funny watching streamers play D2 on PC. When the friends list comes out after they are stuck at 7/12 for 5 minutes straight it's always half a page or less.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, "cross save" doesn't mean you'll have PC, PS4, and Xbox in the same crucible match. You'll be able to log into your Xbox and all your PS4 characters are there but if you pick one you'll be in Xbox world playing only against Xboxes. Wonder how they'll handle the Sony exclusive content.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Always funny watching streamers play D2 on PC. When the friends list comes out after they are stuck at 7/12 for 5 minutes straight it's always half a page or less.

Matchmaking is always pretty snappy on xbox and if you trust the charts on warmind.io PC players have traditionally outnumbered xbox players.

Though if you check right now the PC numbers are way down. I guess they getting tired of the game.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm fine with cross save being the only thing for now. I'm surprised it's even going to happen

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
At least Datto got the worlds first on cross play

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

Matchmaking is always pretty snappy on xbox and if you trust the charts on warmind.io PC players have traditionally outnumbered xbox players.

Though if you check right now the PC numbers are way down. I guess they getting tired of the game.

Yeah I'd imagine the bone numbers are pretty good in the states. Where you seeing the PC numbers?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah I'd imagine the bone numbers are pretty good in the states. Where you seeing the PC numbers?

https://warmind.io/

scroll to the bottom and clicky the linky

Usually when I've checked it PC is in the mid 30's.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Which sparrow are you riding? I've seen it in-game, but can't find it on lists.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Paracelsus posted:

Which sparrow are you riding? I've seen it in-game, but can't find it on lists.

Hecuba-S, the milsurp sparrow from season 4.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/bxfrzv/more_expansion_detail_plans_leaked/

Stream details leaked.

- RIP my PS4 <> PC dreams. Cross-save for Xbox <> PC only, that Google bullshit later.
- Core game will be F2P (not just free with PS+ or whatever) and called Destiny : New Light, includes all Y1 content
- PC moving to Steam & can migrate from Battle.net for free
- Expansion is going to the moon and Eris is back
- You don't need to have bought previous D2 expansions

Here's the article
https://amp.trueachievements.com/n37897/preorder-destiny-2-shadowkeep

Roman fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 6, 2019

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
After skipping season of the drifter, I am doing some reckoning for poweful drops and man does it suck and gambit prime is just gambit with different rules???

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

texaholic posted:

After skipping season of the drifter, I am doing some reckoning for poweful drops and man does it suck and gambit prime is just gambit with different rules???
yeah reckoning sucks, it was designed around the overpowered exotics which have since been nerfed and is even worse if you don't have them and are playing with randoms. if you're a titan and get matched with 3 titans just leave.

Prime is different rules and might actually seem better than regular Gambit until SBMM starts matching you against premades who know what they're doing and all your motes get drained halfway through the match

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
If you are doing it solo just play regular Gambit, you'll get blown open in Prime and it gets worse as you rank up, when I hit legend rank I think every second match I was against a full premade team wearing tier 3 Prime armor.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Prime has IB levels of SBMM turned on so it becomes unbearable really fast.

It has the potential to be fun, Bungie just hosed it up with SBMM.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is Eris going to apologize for having a big meltdown and sending us batshit fake AI lore

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
So am I correct in understanding all this?

Quickplay doesn't SBMM, but pulls 12 good-enough connections in and then splits the teams based on ELO.

Comp does SBMM depending on current glory rank, and then splits up the teams (based on ELO? Glory points? Something else?)

Prime and IB SBMM so it's sweaty all the time. But why does IB seem like I lose most most matches and have the highest frag/kd by a huge margin? Just didn't carry hard enough?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie SBMM = 50% of your games are expected to be blow out wins, and 50% are supposed to be astounding losses

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Is that actually their intentional goal? Because that's the worst for everyone. You don't get better at the game stomping or being stomped. It's not fun, either.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie SBMM = 50% of your games are expected to be blow out wins, and 50% are supposed to be astounding losses

In gambit terms, sbmm in prime means I'm either going to laugh at how bad the enemy is while getting an army of one medal, or there will be a jotunn shot in the air waiting on me when I come through the portal.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

yamdankee posted:

Is that actually their intentional goal? Because that's the worst for everyone. You don't get better at the game stomping or being stomped. It's not fun, either.

Does it matter? It's been like this since D1 so either they can't fix it or don't want to fix it. At this point intentions are kind of irrelevant.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The menagerie is...*furiously types into a comically oversized calculator*...good?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's very good. It's sort of a smushed together version of the underbelly from Leviathan with a greatest hits collection of mechanics from elsewhere in the game.