Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Coldforge posted:

Have you not found the cat church? The game understands and represents cats perfectly.

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Got my massive Starlight Drive-in fortress half built and the game tells me I can't build any more. Gonna have to figure out how to downsize this thing. :(

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm doing the Hotel quest where you solve a robot murder mystery and apparently just had sex with one of the suspects. Way to go, detective.

One thing that bugs me is I can't run my ideas through Nick, since it's his alley and he's with me anyways.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

...! posted:

Got my massive Starlight Drive-in fortress half built and the game tells me I can't build any more. Gonna have to figure out how to downsize this thing. :(

just use a mod or the console to raise the limit

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Otacon posted:

any mods? did you recently try to uninstall/reinstall other mods? are you using f4se?

Nope. No mods.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Azazell0 posted:

I'm doing the Hotel quest where you solve a robot murder mystery and apparently just had sex with one of the suspects. Way to go, detective.

One thing that bugs me is I can't run my ideas through Nick, since it's his alley and he's with me anyways.

Happened to me too! I was just trying to pump her for more info!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
cat people, go to that house in diamond city. you know, that black dude walking around who talks about deathclaws and mirelurks and poo poo. break into his place.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Pwnstar posted:

Yeah but even with those sometimes the foundations have gotta go like 5 from the ground in some places. I guess its cool if you want to create brutalist concrete monstrosities.

Not really? Floors will snap to floors. As long as you can sink a block into the high ground, you can just run floors over the drop.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Pantsuit posted:

Nope. No mods.

Verify cache? Reinstall? Latest drivers? Rollback drivers?

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Robzilla posted:

Verify cache? Reinstall? Latest drivers? Rollback drivers?

Tried all that. Really not sure what to do.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

Pantsuit posted:

I'm having problems running my game. Goes straight to a black screen and then crashes. Tried all the solutions on google and nothing works. Puzzling as i was able to play it fine before without any issues.

Any suggestions?

Try deleting all of the .ini files in the documents folder then have steam verify the game's local content to re-create them. I had a similar issue awhile back and that's how I ended up solving it.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Tried that. It doesn't seem to be working either.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

a7m2 posted:

Or just drop weapons and store them using the build interface and repeat

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Eonwe posted:

hey, what kind of mods do you run

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Yeah, really want that Robo Dogmeat and also whatever dog armor is in that last screen.

I'll get a list of all my mods later today for you folks. I'm obviously biased, but I think I've done a good job of weeding out the mods that are bogus and the ones that are extremely useful and fun on console.

The robot-dogmeat one is this though http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11774/

The best-looking armor is the Wolf armor with similarly colored spikes on it. The rest are kind of hulking and intense looking in a way that comes off more "evil" looking that the game really let's you behave in practice.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

I think it's near the Castle, in the area of East Boston. There's a church with a basement entrance (if I remember correctly, in a small adjoining graveyard).

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

a7m2 posted:

I'm on PS4, so I can't.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Azhais posted:

Or just drop weapons and store them using the build interface and repeat

What do you mean?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

...! posted:

What do you mean?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/3sub3c/little_trick_to_bypass_settlement_size_limits_in/

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The main quest of Far Harbor feels really short. I was following it pretty closely, but all of a sudden I was presented with the choice of whether or not to blow up Nucleus or Far Harbor, which I assume is the other option.

And DiMA offers a peaceful solution by .. hiding the fact that he killed Avery and furthermore, killing Tektus and replacing him, too, with a synth. Geez, this is again a pretty good dilemma, for which I don't immediately have an answer - mostly because I don't really know the parties that well!

I tried telling Tektus I have the launch key for kicks, but that resolution felt pretty unsatisfactory, so I won't stick by it. It does feel like DiMA had good intentions - needs of the many and all. And, honestly, do the Children of the Atom REALLY want to be blown up? Maybe they'll be happier with a better leader. I dunno. Gotta play some more until I reach the point of no return here.

One other thing that's been bugging me is how powerless the weapons feel like. I don't know if they upped the enemy HP or their defenses in Far Harbor a lot, but it doesn't feel fun shooting at trappers who are huge bullet sponges even with exploding ammo or a laser gatling gun. I feel like I should be cutting off limbs on hapless raiders and trappers with my guns instead of slowly whittling their HP one millimeter at a time.

e: Well, I guess my gauss rifle works just fine.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 14, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
:siren: Todd Howard admitting on stream (gamespot) that the dialog content in FO4 didn't quite pan out. :siren:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rinkles posted:

:siren: Todd Howard admitting on stream (gamespot) that the dialog content in FO4 didn't quite pan out. :siren:

Someone should've clearly put 'speak as shroud option in all speech choices' in the design documentation

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Rinkles posted:

The next game will have no dialogue options to get in the way of the story.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

...! posted:

Download the Spring Cleaning mod and scrap everything you can find. There's settlements whose budget is like 50% taken up when you first get there by environmental stuff like rubble and moss that you can get rid of to free up a bunch of building budget

Do this before removing the build limit. It is there for a reason after all

Is Spring Cleaning or one of the similar mods available on PS4?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Just got to Covenant and passed the test. While the test was being administered, shooting breaks out behind me. As soon as the test was over I crouched and popped off the raiders, but now the door to Covenant won't unlock. Can't get in.

Glitches like this don't help the Survival argument.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fallout 4 logic:

Heavily armored supermutant or raider in power armor can walk 3 feet away from you and you hear nothing.

Meanwhile, if I crawl 2 steps forward, enemies a block away say, "What the gently caress was that?" Despite the fact that they have a dozen of them all pacing back and forth all the time. Apparently they have such finely tuned hearing that they can tell my footsteps from those of everyone else they know.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Orange Sunshine posted:

Fallout 4 logic:

Heavily armored supermutant or raider in power armor can walk 3 feet away from you and you hear nothing.

Meanwhile, if I crawl 2 steps forward, enemies a block away say, "What the gently caress was that?" Despite the fact that they have a dozen of them all pacing back and forth all the time. Apparently they have such finely tuned hearing that they can tell my footsteps from those of everyone else they know.

Berry Mentats are your friend. You want to ace a stealth mission, they let you see enemies through walls.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Double post, somehow! Anyway. You may need to shop around for the ingredients to Berry Mentats, but they're worth it. The hardest component may be the tarberries.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Speedball posted:

Double post, somehow! Anyway. You may need to shop around for the ingredients to Berry Mentats, but they're worth it. The hardest component may be the tarberries.

A certain ghoul compound is great for that.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Azazell0 posted:

Far Harbor Plot Stuff

I definitely agree that Far Harbor's plot could have been fleshed out more, but I think it was a huge step in the right direction as far as Bethesda's writing goes--hell, it has an actual moral dilemma that with a choice that goes beyond "Wasteland Jesus or Wasteland Hitler," and I was impressed that the three factions didn't want to make you their God-Emperor within hours of meeting you!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

2house2fly posted:

The next game will have no dialogue options to get in the way of the story.

I unironically hope that's what they do with with TES 6. Go back to the Ultima/Wizardry style keyword system!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Speaking of moral dilemmas, I think I found the worst one so far. re: Price of Memory.

I'm really torn on this one. On the other hand, I think Jule deserves to know, but on the other, how will she end up if she knows? Probably worse. I already chose to keep DiMA's little secret hidden for the greater good, so I wonder if this is a similar choice to make.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

So is it just me or does the Far Harbor content not unlock until the Vault 114 mission is done?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

rocketrobot posted:

So is it just me or does the Far Harbor content not unlock until the Vault 114 mission is done?

You need to have Nick as an available companion since it's technically ne of his cases. Don't need him actually with you though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Speedball posted:

You need to have Nick as an available companion since it's technically ne of his cases. Don't need him actually with you though.

It's nice to have him along anyway though, because he has his own little sub-plot with DiMA

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm really annoyed there now won't be DLC that affects the Commonwealth after the ending a la Broken Steel. I sided with the Institute with the intention of changing from within, and that didn't happen in the base game, and from the remaining story DLC, Nuka World, that also probably won't happen either.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

The_Doctor posted:

I'm really annoyed there now won't be DLC that affects the Commonwealth after the ending a la Broken Steel. I sided with the Institute with the intention of changing from within, and that didn't happen in the base game, and from the remaining story DLC, Nuka World, that also probably won't happen either.

Yeah, I would have liked if they filed in/expanded the main content a little more as well.

I'm really curious as to how the last DLC will play out, however. Apparently it lets you join the raiders (or at least one group of them) and says you can raid settlements. What I want to know is if that means all new, pre-made settlements that we attack in scripted quests, or if we can assault the pre-existing ones? If it's the pre-existing ones, does that mean they auto generate defenses (which would be awesome), or do we have to build them ourselves and then attack them as the raiders (which would be kind of lame)?

As much as the main story seems to lack some cohesion/options, they sure are trying to give the player a poo poo ton to do.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Will I be missing any great moments if I don't take Hancock with me on those two Silver Shroud assassinate missions?

He got bugged while i was trespassing in a storage room and he won't come out or dismiss.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

Will I be missing any great moments if I don't take Hancock with me on those two Silver Shroud assassinate missions?

He got bugged while i was trespassing in a storage room and he won't come out or dismiss.

Not necessarily.

Actually I think some of the best Hancock moments come from you being the Silver Shroud and not having him as your companion because then you get to meet him as the Mayor and have a different, longer conversation with him.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The non-companion Hancock conversation as the Shroud rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm not sure where I stand with Hancock. I have already met him and I wasn't in costume. I did the first Shroud sub-quests and had gotten to the part where he was all like "I'm bored, need to get out" and so I asked him to join me but he bugged before I could go after Smiling Kate and Hambone or whoever the second guy was.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 15, 2016

• Locked thread