Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Explains Lance’s Dragonite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Can you download Pokemon White/Black 2 onto the Nintendo 2DS? I can't see it on the Nintendo E-store, all the others seem to be there though?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dratini are Dragonite sperm

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Cloud the Cat posted:

Can you download Pokemon White/Black 2 onto the Nintendo 2DS? I can't see it on the Nintendo E-store, all the others seem to be there though?

Only 3DS games are available digitally, Black/White and their sequels are DS games.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macaluso posted:

I need more water/fire/leaf stones. Where do I get more beyond the ones I've come across? Do they spawn somewhere? Can I only buy them?

As far as I know you have to buy them at Wise Mans Gifts at celadon department store.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

For those of you who have successfully chained for a shiny, how long did it take? I'm entering day 4 of trying for a shiny Eevee and am starting to question the sanity of this endeavor.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i did 2 days and 1800~ charmanders before i gave up but i saw shiny sandshrew, 2x spearow and rattata while i did that

i got a shiny ponyta while trying to chain for shiny eevees

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

watchoutitsabear posted:

For those of you who have successfully chained for a shiny, how long did it take? I'm entering day 4 of trying for a shiny Eevee and am starting to question the sanity of this endeavor.

Got a shiny pidgey with a chain of 2 on drowzee.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Two shiny Digletts while grinding for levels.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Where are the Moon Stones? Is Bullet Punch in this game? What about Wish and Baton Pass?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I found one moon stone hidden in the moon cave floor. This was before I knew Eevee was essentially an item finder, I was just wandering along and mashing A for literally no reason (I forgot hidden items were even a thing).

I think floor items respawn daily.

Don't know how many are in there but at least one.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
you can get a moon stone somewhere in clefairy girl's room from what i understand and then they spawn hidden in mt moon

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
The hidden items in Mt Moon are in the centre of some of the craters that are scattered around, not every one of them is a moon stone though.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Yeah I made sure to inspect each crater in my first go-through of Mt. Moon; had a Nidoran that was raring and ready to evolve

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

watchoutitsabear posted:

My longest chain so far with both the shiny charm and active lures was 289 bulbasaurs which took around 6 hours total. I've been putting off farming eevee because of its size and the grass layout. I almost missed my bulbasaur because it spawned in grass off-screen. The only reason I caught it was because I knew there would be 1 bulbasaur up at all times and I didn't see the respawn immediately so I went looking.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

i poop fire posted:

My longest chain so far with both the shiny charm and active lures was 289 bulbasaurs which took around 6 hours total. I've been putting off farming eevee because of its size and the grass layout. I almost missed my bulbasaur because it spawned in grass off-screen. The only reason I caught it was because I knew there would be 1 bulbasaur up at all times and I didn't see the respawn immediately so I went looking.

Oh! I didn't know they could spawn off-screen; that's very helpful! I've been camped out by the smaller patch of grass shaped like a dick and have been completely ignoring the bigger patch above it. I'll start running around (and using more lures, grrr).

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I might take another stab at ponyta sometime now that I know that them being easier for me to catch is now permanent. A lazy bullshit throw with a regular pokeball is nearly 100% effective

I really wish this game had breeding. I love alolan forms but I cant bring myself to use a pokemon with no name. The only one it's easy to get is alolan ratatta, since you can find that wild in pokemon go. By the way, pokemon transferred from Go don't count your Go account as an OT apparently. You can freely name anything you transfer from pokemon go.

edit: 328 ponyta chain was like 5.5 hours maybe? I didn't pay terribly close attention since I was watching TV

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 28, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's because even if it is transferred from Go you do in fact have to catch it

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That's because even if it is transferred from Go you do in fact have to catch it

Well you had to recatch pokemon that you tranferred from older games before, and they always kept their OT.

edit: Huh, Zapdos was surprisingly easy to catch.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 29, 2018

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Just bought Let's Go Eevee earlier, going to start it up later tonight. I've never played Pokemon Go before, how hard would it be to catch a grimer so I can transfer it to Let's Go? Poison is clearly the best type so I want as many as I can get. I don't have the online service so I can't really go that route.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Grimer shows up fairly frequently in pokemon go

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Pokeon Go, the app game, has all types of variables when it comes to what you encounter. Generally your random suburban cul de sac or strip mall is not going to be the best place to find Pokemon. Parks, public squares, main streets, downtowns, college campuses will be your best bet. Sometimes certain spots will be designated nests so a new Pokemon will be very easy to find each week, often in parks or other publicly accessible areas.

If you don't like phone games, I don't know if it is worth it just for catching a handful of mons. I'd say complete the game first, use the free trial, and then cancel when you're finished with your dex.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Grimer used to be extremely rare but it became more common after they started releasing Gen 4. And you can hatch Alolan Grimers from 7km eggs.

Typically, more crowded places have more spawns in Pokemon Go. Car parks and gas stations often seem to be hotspots too. Near railway tracks (train stations) and highways, spawns were removed, though. There are not so many patterns as to what kind of Pokemon spawns where, except for rivers and lakes spawning water mons. Parks have nests, meaning that a particular unusual Pokemon spawns all over the place only in that park, and which one it is rotates every two weeks, though I don't think Grimer nests. Apart from that, what you get is determined by the biome of your region, which is probably the same for a large area around so you can't really go to another biome if you live in Canada and need a desert Pokemon. Weather also affects spawns, Poison-types like Grimer are more likely to appear in cloudy weather.

Entropist fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 29, 2018

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

watchoutitsabear posted:

i could just like trade you one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can anyone help me trade evolve all my Pokemon?

I got them all

I got Machoke
I got Kadabra
I got Graveler
I got Alolan Graveler
I got Haunter

None of them are shiny or special in any way, I just want to trade for another to get their evolution.

Everytime I've tried with a stranger I've gotten some kid who really wants to give me a Krabby or something

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The wordless exchange of trying to get a random stranger to understand the trade you're trying to propose is the newest form of modern art

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wait can they see your Pokemon nickname before you send?

Can I just name my Kadabra "Give me another Kadabra"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Totally unsure, but the number of times I've shown the other person my partner Eevee, and they immediately move over to their own partner Eevee and then disconnect feels somehow very rewarding?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Can anyone help me trade evolve all my Pokemon?

I got them all

I got Machoke
I got Kadabra
I got Graveler
I got Alolan Graveler
I got Haunter

None of them are shiny or special in any way, I just want to trade for another to get their evolution.

Everytime I've tried with a stranger I've gotten some kid who really wants to give me a Krabby or something

If you're still trying to do this, post your lobby code and I'll help.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am but I gotta put my kid to bed in a couple minutes now.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Speaking of random trades, the other day I arranged a trade with a friend to give them an Alolan Meowth.

However I didn't realize that anyone would be out there just doing rando trades so without thinking I offered the Meowth to the first person that accepted my trade, didn't even bother to check the trainer name or what they were offering. It wasn't until the Shiny Butterfree arrived in my game that I remembered I never even told my friend the password.

I really hope I didn't steal this thing from a kid, it never even occurred to me to give it back. Hacked shinies in wonder trade are so common after all.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Pokemon: I really hope I didn’t steal this from a kid

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait can they see your Pokemon nickname before you send?

It did in the older games. When I used to trade shinnies a bunch online I had a group of Pokémon named things like "Shiny?" and "Yes" and "No thanks" and "Goodbye" and "Thanks!" and then the names of the shiny Pokémon I was looking for.

No idea if that still works, haven't tried it in let's go.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

bowmore posted:

i could just like trade you one

You have a shiny Eevee you'd be willing to trade?! I will actually purchase the online feature for the Switch for this (which I need to do anyway so I can complete my Pokedex). I have a decent IV Dratini I can give you in exchange (best attack, sp. def, sp. attack; fantastic speed; good defense and HP; Adamant nature), or several 4V Timid Eevees. I also have a shiny Wailmer in Moon that I have no interest in if you'd like it.

Can I DM you in a couple of days when I finally decide to give up my chain, close out of the game, and purchase the online stuff?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Cloks posted:

If you're still trying to do this, post your lobby code and I'll help.

I could also use help with this! Will post code in a second.

Uhhh, wow, this is a weird system, but uhh: Charmander Eevee Bulbasaur

Is that right?

edit: Nevermind, Zuzie in Discord is awesome! :toot:

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 29, 2018

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

watchoutitsabear posted:

You have a shiny Eevee you'd be willing to trade?! I will actually purchase the online feature for the Switch for this (which I need to do anyway so I can complete my Pokedex). I have a decent IV Dratini I can give you in exchange (best attack, sp. def, sp. attack; fantastic speed; good defense and HP; Adamant nature), or several 4V Timid Eevees. I also have a shiny Wailmer in Moon that I have no interest in if you'd like it.

Can I DM you in a couple of days when I finally decide to give up my chain, close out of the game, and purchase the online stuff?
Sure thing, I don't need anything in return, I have a few from Go just chilling in my account

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Is there any way to transfer Pokemon TO the Go park from Let's Go? Like, if I wanted to transfer/release all of my Ghastly there since I don't see them too often in Go so I can play the minigames, or is there no real point in keeping all the extra Pokemon I get and I should just let them get turned into Professor Candy like in Go??

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I just beat the Elite Four in Let's Go! It looks like the postgame is kinda slim, yeah? Finish the Pokedex, get Mewtwo, fight the Master Trainers?

I'm thinking about just shelving it (selling it?) and jumping right into Ultra Sun. Let's Go got me in the mood for a real Pokemon game, and I just bought a new 2DS with a couple games. Is there anything I should know before I start?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Finally found somebody who helped me with trades. Now I have everything I can't get in my version except for Alolan Grimer and Muk which is hard to get across what I want.

You can't see the name of the Pokemon till you get it. A guy was offering a Sandshrew and I guessed he wanted Meowth. I already had all the Growlithe I need but I figured I'd throw him a bone and I got a new Growlithe named 'Meowth'.

Also nobody would give me an alolan graveler.

So alolan graveler or alolan golem, and two alolan grimers(or 1 and 1 alolan muk) are the only things I have left I can't get on my kart.

I tried offering both alolan vulpix and alolan Meowth for a grimer but no one was biting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Finally found somebody who helped me with trades. Now I have everything I can't get in my version except for Alolan Grimer and Muk which is hard to get across what I want.

You can't see the name of the Pokemon till you get it. A guy was offering a Sandshrew and I guessed he wanted Meowth. I already had all the Growlithe I need but I figured I'd throw him a bone and I got a new Growlithe named 'Meowth'.

Also nobody would give me an alolan graveler.

So alolan graveler or alolan golem, and two alolan grimers(or 1 and 1 alolan muk) are the only things I have left I can't get on my kart.

I tried offering both alolan vulpix and alolan Meowth for a grimer but no one was biting.
I think I can help you with those