Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Shai-Hulud posted:

Her powers always scale to the plot. Like how she can seal Black Bolts mouth shut enough for him blow up his own head but needs to fight Captain Carter hand by hand. So she can reshape reality but only a bit when it's convenient

That's pretty much literally true. She can only affect the immediate area when she's attacking. Only time she had massive power, weirdly, was when she lost her mind and took over that town. Every other time was either throwing people around, mental stuff, or small scale things like popping out Ultron's heart.

My best realization/excuse for that part of the movie is we aren't seeing "our" Wanda. she's dreamwalking in another universe's Wanda and maybe that one doesn't have a whole lotta juice? She hosed up everyone left and right but didn't really do "big" stuff like the town in the show.

My main wtf with that movie was Wong was full bore "WE CANNOT LET HER TAKE THE GIRL BECAUSE THAT WILL DESTROY THE MULTIVERSE" and after something like 95% of the sorcerer's bush league got killed and she threatened a few more, he folds and stands down.

That just felt weirdly wrong for the scene and for the plot. Especially post 🫰.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wanda had the necronomocon which is how she was able to summon the demons, but it didn't let her directly jump through dimensions. .

My IMM is they didn't spend nearly enough time in wacky alternate universes like the one where everything is made of paint. Also, did they have any product tie ins because those Pizza Balls looked pretty yummy and you'd think Totinos or Domino's or whatever would cash in on the novelty.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Panfilo posted:

Wanda had the necronomocon which is how she was able to summon the demons, but it didn't let her directly jump through dimensions. .

My IMM is they didn't spend nearly enough time in wacky alternate universes like the one where everything is made of paint. Also, did they have any product tie ins because those Pizza Balls looked pretty yummy and you'd think Totinos or Domino's or whatever would cash in on the novelty.

Closest thing we got with those pizza balls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bCUULby80g

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pizza Balls delivered by Eric Andre.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The Boy: the movie became instantly uninteresting and bad the moment it was revealed that it's actually just some dude living in the walls. That's by far my least favorite horror movie twist, where instead of leaning in and making it a demon doll thing which would actually be cool, it's just a guy. None of the parents' actions made sense with the context of that reveal - why would they need to kill themselves to escape their manchild kid in the wall? Just move and don't bring him with you.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Morpheus posted:

In Dr Strange 2, why can Wanda send out various monsters and such into parallel universes, but not herself?

Because it's cool.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That's pretty much literally true. She can only affect the immediate area when she's attacking. Only time she had massive power, weirdly, was when she lost her mind and took over that town. Every other time was either throwing people around, mental stuff, or small scale things like popping out Ultron's heart.

My best realization/excuse for that part of the movie is we aren't seeing "our" Wanda. she's dreamwalking in another universe's Wanda and maybe that one doesn't have a whole lotta juice? She hosed up everyone left and right but didn't really do "big" stuff like the town in the show.

My main wtf with that movie was Wong was full bore "WE CANNOT LET HER TAKE THE GIRL BECAUSE THAT WILL DESTROY THE MULTIVERSE" and after something like 95% of the sorcerer's bush league got killed and she threatened a few more, he folds and stands down.

That just felt weirdly wrong for the scene and for the plot. Especially post 🫰.

I just loved when Wong negated the sacrifice the sorcerer that stabbed the vil book made, as well as the sacrifice of every person who perished in the fight, as well as potentially dooming reality, by telling Wanda where the magic temple or whatever was. Oh no she's torturing a couple people! They definitely won't mind if you doom reality because of that.

Like holy poo poo Wong you are loving lucky Strange was willing to corrupt himself and animate his corpse because otherwise this would be on you.

Frankly the choices of everyone in that movie except for Strange made me angry.

Edit: she shouldve just invaded his mind to get the info. Apparently her mind powers are stronger than Professor X, you know the most powerful psychic on the planet. So goddamn stupid, that last point.

Morpheus has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Jun 30, 2022

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Naruto Episode 54: Why couldn't Dosu leave and then come back when Gaara is actually asleep? He still had 20+ days until the tournament started.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Edit: she shouldve just invaded his mind to get the info. Apparently her mind powers are stronger than Professor X, you know the most powerful psychic on the planet. So goddamn stupid, that last point.

Not in that universe, he wasn't :science:

Also, for the smartest man in the universe, Reed Richards probably could have come up with a better plan than GRAB HER

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Also also not telling Wanda what black bolts ability is. That might be a good idea.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Mamkute posted:

Naruto Episode 54: Why couldn't Dosu leave and then come back when Gaara is actually asleep? He still had 20+ days until the tournament started.

He'd probably not been briefed well enough to know just how bad an idea fighting Gaara was. He may have known that he was strong, but not known about the true nature of Shikaku, Also he was a cocky idiot.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tagichatn posted:

Also also not telling Wanda what black bolts ability is. That might be a good idea.

I never speak because its like totally dangerous but when i have no mouth i must scream.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Also is wanda completely sterile? all that effort and murder seems a bit much when she could google ivf.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean kinda the point is the Illuminati have no idea what they're getting into.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

datajugend posted:

Also is wanda completely sterile? all that effort and murder seems a bit much when she could google ivf.

Are you telling me that they did this with two different female superheroes?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean kinda the point is the Illuminati have no idea what they're getting into.

They totally do, they already had to off their version of Strange because he got into using the Darkhold and became so loving dangerous he couldn't be allowed to live. They know what they're getting into and the smartest man on Earth doesn't take it seriously.

There's a lot I enjoyed about the movie but they totally pulled a Worf on the Illuminati.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fil5000 posted:

They totally do, they already had to off their version of Strange because he got into using the Darkhold and became so loving dangerous he couldn't be allowed to live. They know what they're getting into and the smartest man on Earth doesn't take it seriously.

Partly because it was their Strange's idea. They didn't realise how bad it really was. And as they'd done it before, they were complacent about their ability to do it again.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Maybe in their universe bad guys are just babbies who roll over at the first sign of resistance.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

datajugend posted:

I don't think for Wanda that she wanted kids in general as much as she specifically wanted Billy & Tommy. Wanda got so enamored with her fantasy world where she & Vision had a family that she's willing to destroy multiple universes to get that specific reality back.

My IIMM with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was that I saw the superior multiverse movie Everything Everywhere All At Once earlier.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Too bad her made-up Vision didn't talk any kind of sense into her. or at least killed her when he dropped dead himself.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah as far as ideas for the movie goes, just replace your kids with two different ones isn't a great one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean it's almost literally the same motivation as Kingpin in Spider-verse, even having a somewhat similar result.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Android Apocalypse posted:

My IIMM with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was that I saw the superior multiverse movie Everything Everywhere All At Once earlier.

:same:

Everything Everywhere All At Once is a straight up 10/10.

Doctor Strange 2 also has Bruce Campbell show up for a painfully long cameo, like jesus christ Sam, please stop.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shai-Hulud posted:

Her powers always scale to the plot. Like how she can seal Black Bolts mouth shut enough for him blow up his own head but needs to fight Captain Carter hand by hand. So she can reshape reality but only a bit when it's convenient

That poo poo was super annoying

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

datajugend posted:

I never speak because its like totally dangerous but when i have no mouth i must scream.

Let's fight the baddy! By standing around waiting until they've killed several of us first

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I live in the town where they shoot umbrella academy, and it's very funny to me that the hotel where they hide out in the new season is on the same street as the mansion, just one block over

Also a couple of years ago I was wandering down the street where most of season 2 was set and I saw this new retro diner so I tried to go in but the door was locked. I looked through the window and saw a whites only sign and my first thought was "I knew this town was full of racists but drat"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

A Festivus Miracle posted:

:same:

Everything Everywhere All At Once is a straight up 10/10.

Doctor Strange 2 also has Bruce Campbell show up for a painfully long cameo, like jesus christ Sam, please stop.

Yeah that was pretty dire.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
It made Dr Strange even more unlikable than he already is. Some street vendor got robbed, and you sentence him to weeks of injury for being rude about it? What a jackass

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Squidster posted:

It made Dr Strange even more unlikable than he already is.
Impossible to do.

quote:

Some street vendor got robbed, and you sentence him to weeks of injury for being rude about it? What a jackass
Yeah, and why didn't you use that spell, on, I dunno, Thanos? (Yeah, I know, Infinity Stone immunity bullshit or something. But why haven't you used it before; it's a great spell?)

More Dr. Strange 2:

Shai-Hulud posted:

Improbable Lobster posted:

That poo poo was super annoying

I disagree on this one, actually! She had all the time in the world to prepare for Black Bolt and Mr. Fantastic. But Captains Carter and Marvel were pressing her heavily so she wasn't able to get off any intricate chaos magic and had to just blast away.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Maybe he didn’t know the spell back then and learned it after the Thanos stuff because of what happened?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Admiralty Flag posted:

Yeah, and why didn't you use that spell, on, I dunno, Thanos? (Yeah, I know, Infinity Stone immunity bullshit or something. But why haven't you used it before; it's a great spell?)

Probably something about willpower, I imagine it's not a one-size-fits-all kind of spell.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It only works because Ash's arm already is sapient and wants to hit him.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Morpheus posted:

Probably something about willpower, I imagine it's not a one-size-fits-all kind of spell.

I mean, Thanos's Will save has to be pretty high.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I liked how evil corrupted Strange was beaten so easily by throwing him out of a window onto a fence lmao. He was out of mana after the musical battle I guess?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
My IIMM with Multiverse of Madness is Kamar Taj not having any built in magical defences. All the defences came from the magicians present. Like there could have been a cool set piece with parts of Kamar Taj folding away into another realm or something.

Instead we got magic archers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SuddenCactus posted:

My IIMM with Multiverse of Madness is Kamar Taj not having any built in magical defences. All the defences came from the magicians present. Like there could have been a cool set piece with parts of Kamar Taj folding away into another realm or something.

I knew they were going to go the lowest effort and least imaginative route for that sequence but I was still bored and disappointed with it.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
At least we didn't get magic gun turrets during the attack on Kamar Taj. Dr Strange summoning a magic buzzsaw? What was that about? Is he a Green Lantern now?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

SuddenCactus posted:

And magic cannon. It’s really unimaginative, like in the Green Lantern movie where he gets the ring and can create anything subject only to the limits of his will and he uses it to make a gun.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

My IIMM for Multiverse of Madness was the presence of Nicodemus West. I love Michael Stuhlbarg and I'm very happy that he got a paycheck but... why? He shows up for a barely even glorified cameo and it's like 'hey remember that guy from the first movie? well he still exists. thanks.' The movie already felt too long and his scene could easily have been one of the cuts without anybody noticing or caring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Phanatic posted:

And magic cannon.

Wait poo poo you're right, they did the thing I thought would be too lazy even for them and I repressed the memory

I hope they can catch themselves after a couple of bad movies.